BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

To be honest, I'm not that unhappy if Allardyce takes over. He's got an eye for a bargain, and Bolton were tricky to beat, especially if you ponce about like Arsenal. And let's be honest, it is always fun to rough up the Wenger boys and win. It's the likes of McClaren and Jewell who we should be pulling our hair out over. Neither are very good, and neither have achieved anything in the Premiership. Only the return of Souness or Brian Kidd would be less inspiring. Newell is a bit mental for my liking, and he did blow a 12 point lead when managing Hartlepool. You can't blame him for what has gone on at Luton-the main qualification for being chairman there is to be a crazy ___ who screws up the club and takes all the money.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologise for stirring deeply surpressed bad memories Abbey. Maybe Tony Parkes will become manager for the 23rd time, and the current generations Per Pedersen will be our main signing. In a weird way, I'm getting excited and intruiged by all this speculation. Everyone is expecting Sam to be up there, but who knows, our board keep things quiet, and we may have a bit of a leftfield choice. How about Paul le Guen? He was ____ at Rangers, but he made Lyon into the club it is today.

Listen right, i'm certainly not a big fan of Allardyce but I think some of the stuff on here is a bit much frankly.

OK personal likes and dislikes aside, he kept a similar club to us in mid table for a good while...and look how it fell apart when he left, (as did Toon).

Some of the criticism of his style of play is justified.........but remember last season at Ewood.

I was not alone in saying on here (before the season had ended) that 2007-08 was one of the dullest I remember in 30 years, in terms of entertainment.

Just think back to some of the appalling drivel we produced at Ewood at times. Yes we accumulated points, (mainly thanks to Brad) but maybe we just did what we needed to do to get past 40 pts, which it seems to me is what SA did at Bolton.

Ideally, I would like a younger, more forward thinking manager, but there will be a big element of risk in that.

This is a very important time for the club with the ownership issue etc, and maybe a safe pair of hands is what we need for 2 or 3 years.

So if JW does appoint Sam please let's not have a (very) negative reaction.

This is a very important time for the club with the ownership issue etc, and maybe a safe pair of hands is what we need for 2 or 3 years.

SPOT ON SIR, THE MOST SENSIBLE THING I'VE READ ON HERE ALL DAY.

Somebody mentioned Jean Tigana earlier. Looking at his career he's not done too bad and got Besiktas a cup and in a decent enough form Europe, worth a punt now he's out of a job? Plus we wouldn't have to waste any of our compo money on getting him in.

Seriously, why aren't we looking at Juande Ramos type figures from around the world? Instead of Big Fat Sams from Bolton.

In a funny way the success of our chairman/board in appointing mangers in the past have left me feeling unworried about this. I wish I could feel the same way about their funding of the squad recently - I would have liked to see what Hughes could have done with £20m though.

I am beginning to think Hughes hasn't gone yet at all looking at SSN and the process involved in moving - he is approached for interest, asks the board to talk to them, their contract with him says they must agree terms first, then he talks to a newly installed puppet Chairman (Franks away apparently), gets told the standard 'oh yeah - you'll be the man, asks for some security and independence, and then has to decide if he believes it. Pheew - big ask (Would you?)

Then you think about where you go from City - it's the sack probably whatever you do sooner or later (Probably sooner as Scholari or Mancini might turn up on the step asking for a job next month and you're out. No Chelsea or MU then. Players are already being bought by someone. Naa forget it Frank - I'll stay where I am - the current squad will see me through until RFW leaves.

If we get someone else - well 2 mistakes (Iley and Kidd) in 30 years- doesn't sound like an crisis to me. (Souness was the right man when he came in my opinion with a bunch of idle players but just stayed a bit too long - even he gave us a fine cheque courtesy of the Barcodes, Hodgson so so)

Somebody mentioned Jean Tigana earlier. Looking at his career he's not done too bad and got Besiktas a cup and in a decent enough form Europe, worth a punt now he's out of a job? Plus we wouldn't have to waste any of our compo money on getting him in.

Seriously, why aren't we looking at Juande Ramos type figures from around the world? Instead of Big Fat Sams from Bolton.

Good post, but I just cant think of anyone.

I apologise for stirring deeply surpressed bad memories Abbey. Maybe Tony Parkes will become manager for the 23rd time, and the current generations Per Pedersen will be our main signing. In a weird way, I'm getting excited and intruiged by all this speculation. Everyone is expecting Sam to be up there, but who knows, our board keep things quiet, and we may have a bit of a leftfield choice. How about Paul le Guen? He was ____ at Rangers, but he made Lyon into the club it is today.

Don't fancy le Guen at all. French football is very different and his success at Lyon has been as much because most of the other teams are poor as because Lyon and he are good. French teams have to post budgets beforehand and work to them etc which makes it even more difficult for clubs like the one we support, Lorient , to eve have any money to spend yet they still finished in the middle of the league.

I wouldn't mind Chris Coleman tbh and i wouldn't mind Lard Arse but everyone seems to be taking a dislike to the guy.

He did wonders for Bolton on such a small budget and brought in players like Anelka and sold them for twice the price so he can do a good bit of business.

But there was all that speculation about football corruption so maybe not. :wacko: And he did an absolute crap job at Newcastle.

Also he used to play and manage Bolton, so imo it would be like an ex Burnley player/manager, managing our club. :rolleyes:

Whoever is the next manager faces an uphill struggle to hold onto players and I can revolving doors being installed

Bentley - probably would have gone even if Hughes stayed

Santa Cruz - City or United beckons

Emerton - only 2 years left on contract - now eligible to buy out the remaining 2 years (that's we, ve heard nothing about him yet)

Pedersen - 2 years left on contract

Warnock - 4 years to run but a clear target as City are v poor at LB.

Ooijer - wants out unless playing regularly and only 1 year left.

That's probably about it because Nelsen's hammy has shot him and Samba still looks 2 apples short of a lunch.

The above might bring in £40m + but what's left would be dead certs for the drop. It's easy to blow £40m on rubbish as Keane. Lawrie Sanchez and BFS (yes the current favourite) showed last summer. Be worried be very worried.

Archived