BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having been told to object to Allardyce on here I will. I can't stand anything about him. i don't care if that's childish. I don't care if it's illogical. I don't care what style of football he comes here to get the players to play. He makes my flesh creep. If I saw him coming down the street, I might have to turn off to avoid walking past him. I don't even want him here to clean the toilets as somebody else suggested. I just don't want him. There, have I objected enough? His whole persona is against the image I want my club to project. I dislike the man more than any other manager even SAF. Just a bit more objecting in case anyone didn't get the picture. It's irrelevant anyway because if the board decide he's the man for the job they'll appoint him, but to follow Hughes with him is just not good enough.

I agree with most of the above.

I know that it's a while since Allardyce left Bolton but they still play mostly in the same way. When we played them this season I remember saying "can you imagine paying to watch this @@@@ every week?". I rest my case. Please no - not him!!

What do people think qualifies people like Shearer for a managers role? He's a thick-as-pig-crap moron who's tactical nouse, as far I've seen on Match Of The Day, is simply re-iterating Motty and Lawro, two other turds of the BBC. I actually would prefer us to employ Alladyce, Ternant as assistant, and perhaps even change the name of the Stadium To BuRNLeY RuLezz! than have Shearer in charge. He has no qualification, no loyalty to anyone but Barcodes, and doesnt particularly like us anyway.

I know his management style has been questioned wildly, and is very different from Sparky, but Ten Cate is available. He won the Dutch equivalent of the Charity Shield in 2005 and 2006 and the Dutch FA Cup in 2006, while only missing the Dutch league on one goal in difference. Hardly a spectacular record, but as he's available I'm guessing he's on any shortlist. Not my choice, but I wouldnt be restraining myself from random, expletive filled outburts like I would do if FatSam took over.

Also, anyone mentioned Mark McGhee? Perhaps getting Motherwell to third in the Sunday League was fluke, but then again, nearly getting Wales to Euro 2004 was no more or less a chance.

Listen guys and gals, remember last time we replaced a manager? John Williams got us a good 'un in Hughes so let's keep the faith in the board and their choice.

A few thoughts on Allerdyce:

For - :rolleyes:

Experienced Premiership manager

Very good set of results with Bolton on a slightly smaller budget

Knows how to man-manage and motivate

Well qualified in using modern coaching methods

Available and local

Will know Rovers pretty well

Against - :unsure:

Tactical choices don't make for entertainment

History against Rovers (dive, dive, cheat - win)

Unpopular with a section of our support

Personally I hate to say it, but the fors outweigh the againsts.

Alternatively I would see if we had the courage to go for an outsider in Paul Ince and make Rovers into the history books with the first black Premiership manager.

Whatever the choice - if Sparky does leave - I will trust Williams, we haven't any choice anyway and I suspect that he will be as desperate as us to get a right decision.

Good luck! :tu:

We need to wait for Hughes to go first.

He's already gone in my view, as soon as he enters into talks with another club, his position here is intenible.

Players will not want to sign or commit to the club if they are not sure that the manager who is looking to be off. Warnocks comments point to this.

This in mind, I imagine the club officials will now be thinking of replacements, maybe they would be interested in what the fans think? if I was them, I certainly would.

Listen guys and gals, remember last time we replaced a manager? John Williams got us a good 'un in Hughes so let's keep the faith in the board and their choice.

A few thoughts on Allerdyce:

For - :rolleyes:

Experienced Premiership manager

Very good set of results with Bolton on a slightly smaller budget

Knows how to man-manage and motivate

Well qualified in using modern coaching methods

Available and local

Will know Rovers pretty well

Against - :unsure:

Tactical choices don't make for entertainment

History against Rovers (dive, dive, cheat - win)

Unpopular with a section of our support

Personally I hate to say it, but the fors outweigh the againsts.

Alternatively I would see if we had the courage to go for an outsider in Paul Ince and make Rovers into the history books with the first black Premiership manager.

Whatever the choice - if Sparky does leave - I will trust Williams, we haven't any choice anyway and I suspect that he will be as desperate as us to get a right decision.

Good luck! :tu:

Doubt very much that Mr Williams is the king maker.

I've just finished typing up my C.V. based on my Fifa 08 career with Rovers.

Having won the FA Cup twice, the league Cup and Charity Shield once and both the Uefa cup and Champions League in the last 5 seasons, I feel that as a local lad with a love for the club I can offer Mr. Williams an affordable alternative to other more expensive and dare I say, less successful candidates available.

Crap! I've just finished my cup of tea and the leaves left at the bottom have formed the shape of a fat face with a mustache! It's a sign! You heard it here first!

Let's be honest, no top established manager will want to touch the job with a bargepole if they're going to be subject to the ridiculous financial constraints Hughes has had to contend with.

We will probably have to settle for a hungry up and coming young manager and arguably that might be the way to go irrespective of financial considerations.

I think Ince deserves a shot at a much higher level.

Allardyce might be the best of the gettable "established" brigade but again why would he want to risk his reputation further by coming to a job with no workable transfer budget?

It would help the pain slightly if I could think of someone half decent who could take over from Hughes.

I have not seen any names who interest me, and I am trying to look at this fairly.

It would help the pain slightly if I could think of someone half decent who could take over from Hughes.

I have not seen any names who interest me, and I am trying to look at this fairly.

How about Avram Grant and/or Ten Cate?

both managed at the top level, Chelsea did play some attractive football towards the end of the season notably the one game I particuarly remember against Newcastle on Bank holiday. I dont see why not

I mentioned Ten Cate earlier, and while I wouldnt be opposed, his seeming ease at falling out with players would be a worry. Souness The Second?

Edit: Recent history is... "indifferent"... but Hector Cuper is currently unattached.

Archived