BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be devastated if Hughes leaves us. Whenever players of ours have been linked with bigger clubs he has always made the point about not being a selling club and looking to build something with Rovers. If then he just ups and goes to a 'big' club, it will be very hard to take. We are a better team than City, finished higher than them and have a real chance to do well with the squad being improved this summer. Obviously Hughes will have more cash to spend on players at City, but I don't see them being able to achieve much more than Rovers could, no matter how much money they have.

If United or indeed Chelsea came calling for him, then I could understand him seriously considering an offer, but it is hard to see him leave for a club who have similar ambitions as ourselves.

i'll have some of what you've been smoking!

similar ambitions to ours??

they have a billionaire owner who spent 50 million last season and has probably another 50 million set aside for this close season. they have a brand new stadium and fill it with 50k supporters. I'd say the potential is very different if a manager comes in and sorts them out.

Alan Irvine with Rob Kelly ?

Good shout for Dick Advocat after his successful season at Zenit and previous links with Rovers.

Paul Ince another up and coming interesting possibility.

My wildcard is for Roy Keane, a proven winner who maybe has spent alot of money at Sunderland and many would say on not a lot, but for me thats because hes taking them through the stages to get Sunderland to were Rovers currently are.

But, at the end of the day is there really any money available to take the club forward whoever the manager maybe thats what we all should be asking.

why on earth would keane come to rovers? crazy suggestion.

1. Steve Clarke

2. Alex McCleish

3. Mark Bowen

4. Dick Advocat

5. Slaven Billic

6. Jean Tiagna (where is he now)

7. Alan Shearer

Remember guys we are top 7 side, if teams like city can get linked with scolari, hughes e.t.c i dont see why people are going so low as Newell, Grayson, Ince!! We are a good team guys with a lot of quality within the team. Im not saying we are the most attractive football team but it would be attractive for a lot of managers.

We should not touch allayrdce or McClaren with a barge pole!!

I know we have had bad experiences with no. 2's in the past but Mark Bowen should be given a chance i think (if he isnt taken along with sparky).

Also when shearer was linked with the barcodes as a houillier/shearer or keegan/shearer - did he say he didnt want to be a partnership??? Because a proven european manager with shearer could be an option?

what did happen to jean tigana?!!

when fulham got promoted, they were playing amazing football under him

Good point. But unlike with the link to Newcastle in January, Rovers have made a press release, which makes me think it will happen - either Chelsea or Citeh.

But that could be because Newcastle never approached Hughes, unlike City that have.

what did happen to jean tigana?!!

when fulham got promoted, they were playing amazing football under him

Tigana worked at beskitas but then left and applied for the leicester job without success!!!!

Well, I have a complicated feeling about him. Yes he buy wisely. seems that all players he bought will become "top 10 buy" at the end of every season in every website...... But at the same time he does have negative points. His "flexibility" during the game is not good. He will just "wait" for something to happen if we are behind. Yes, we are at top 10 under him 3 times during his charges but I still think he should be better.

I start hating this man. This is the second time he jump the ship. The first time is Wales. Second time is us. Before he jump the ship at Wales, Wales seems to be a strong team with bright future, but when he found that Wales is not good enough to fulfill his ambition, he jumped. At this is happened again. He found that Blackburn is just not good enough, so he jump. He never think that the problem is that he is not good enough.

Sir Alex keep doing the same job and become a legend. So do you think that Fans of man. utd. will accept someone which is always looking elsewhere?

My guess is that man City will be at top 10 during Hughes in charges. But that is. Hughes's ability is not enough to take Man City to European Championship league, and he will go some day if he found that Man. City cannot fulfill his ambition.

What a pity. I think we will have earthquake when he leaves. Guy like Bentley and Santa will go. McCarthy will have "personal" problem again under new manager.

David Pleat?

What a man, with his insight and knowledge of absolutely every player in Europe how could we go wrong?

I'm sure ITV would release him for the right amount

Yeah!!

I'm sure he could be tempted after a late night tour of Clayton Street and St. Peters Street.

David Pleat?

What a man, with his insight and knowledge of absolutely every player in Europe how could we go wrong?

I'm sure ITV would release him for the right amount

Well i'm sure the good people of Clayton Street will be thrilled with that appointment......

why on earth would keane come to rovers? crazy suggestion.

The industry is based around money and lots of it, if your saying Rovers have no money then yes, why would Keane come, it is a crazy suggestion.

But if he had some money along with the locality of the club to his home maybe not so crazy but it was a wildcard suggestion that i thought would follow on in the mould of Mark Hughes.

Roy Keane has spent wild and loose at Sunderland (and Irish) without great success. He has even admitted that he had a poor season. Apart from the intimidation factor which propelled them this far, he has not shown enough to suggest he's a good manager.

Imo, it smacks of a severe lack of ingenuity if you go splashing large sums on players you've played with - and not great ones at that.

Ok,

so Hughes wants to quit us to join City.

If this isn't the ultimate betrayal than I do not know what it is. I'm really done with this sport if this is true. There is absolutely no point anymore.

Ok,

If this isn't the ultimate betrayal than I do not know what it is. I'm really done with this sport if this is true. There is absolutely no point anymore.

Lighten up matey. You should have been around in the 1950s when Johnny Carey left us in the lurch.

Lighten up matey. You should have been around in the 1950s when Johnny Carey left us in the lurch.

I can't. I suppose I was confused from the very start and really did not want to know/accept how football works. But it's becoming impossible to ignore now. I'm just completely at a loss what is going on and how to react to this. Call it over-dramatic...but this is like my beliefs that Santa Clause doesn't really exist are finally being confirmed. I'm just shattered.

Are you alright Mr. E? You've been making some very wild and unstable posts recently, it's a bit disconcerting...

Hardly the 'ultimate betrayal', it's not like we have a rivalry with City or anything. They'll offer him a far larger contract, and probably 10x the transfer budget we can. It'll probably be a case of taking one step backward to go two steps forward, but where can he realistically take us on our budget? The chance was there in January to break in to the top 6 but the board let him down, when we desperately needed a quality central midfielder he had to settle for Vogel on a free. We all tried to kid ourselves that this was because Hughes is prudent and doesn't like spending cash, but deep down we knew that was rubbish.

Aren't City in Europe next season too? That's another thing they have over us.

...but this is like my beliefs that Santa Clause doesn't really exist are finally being confirmed. I'm just shattered.

Hang on a minute?!? What are you saying? It's been a bad day but there's no need for that.

Are you alright Mr. E? You've been making some very wild and unstable posts recently, it's a bit disconcerting...

Hardly the 'ultimate betrayal', it's not like we have a rivalry with City or anything. They'll offer him a far larger contract, and probably 10x the transfer budget we can. It'll probably be a case of taking one step backward to go two steps forward, but where can he realistically take us on our budget? The chance was there in January to break in to the top 6 but the board let him down, when we desperately needed a quality central midfielder he had to settle for Vogel on a free. We all tried to kid ourselves that this was because Hughes is prudent and doesn't like spending cash, but deep down we knew that was rubbish.

Aren't City in Europe next season too? That's another thing they have over us.

They are indeed. I blame the fairplay league. <_<

Ok,

What are you goin on about? Hes given us 3 good years. He cant take us much further. He doesnt want it to start going backwards, which it will, and he wants to take this chance to further his career. He cant wait forever for fergie to retire because by that time he will be finishing mid table with us and they will go elsewhere. City is a very good prospect and im sorry but unless we get an investor soon they have a much brighter near future than we do.

Archived