Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

i would want slaven bilic.

list of possibilities are as follow for me:

1 - Bilic

2 - D.Advocaat

3 - Mark Bowen

4 - Mike Newell

5 - Sam Allardyce [He would suit our team because we already have a target man in Roque and also our wingers can both cross. We have good headers in the team so it would not cost much for him to use his old tatics and improve the team. He got notlob to 5th im sure he can do better with us.]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. Not much to laugh about at the moment.

Mowbray's a young, ambitious manager who plays football the right way and has been relatively successful at every club he's managed at so far. I think he would see us as a step up from West Brom, and he's used to operating within a tight budget.

I can't think of too many other managers who tick all those boxes.

Mowbray is a decent shout. He's shown that he can sign skilful foreigners and get them playing well in England (Koren). However, I suspect that he'll want a crack at the Prem with WBA having got them there.

I don't know much about these foreign bosses. However, looking at home, I believe it'd be a good idea to scour the lower leagues and look at managers who have done well. Obviously, you need to really examine their records - playing style, transfers, management style, contacts etc. to ensure that their achievements weren't flashes in the pan but the start of an exciting career.

The famous names spring to the mind of those ignorant about the lower leagues (such as myself). Paul Ince....and what about Paul Lambert, ex-Wycombe? Now, Lambert's only a tentative suggestion but it's an interesting name, imo, and I would be very interested to know the details of his Wycombe stint. He left after failing to get them through the play-offs but his playing career does suggest that he has the mental strength.

But obviously, all aspects of his short managerial career would have to be researched.

Paul Ince....and what about Paul Lambert, ex-Wycombe? Now, Lambert's only a tentative suggestion but it's an interesting name, imo, and I would be very interested to know the details of his Wycombe stint.

FFS! We are a top 8 team in the best league in the world, Ince and Lambert, ex-bloody-Wycombe?!

We are the 7th best team in the best football league in the world! Why the hell should we go for unexperienced "managers" like Shearer and Ince?! Williams should look for a manager who have a clear football strategy

I concur.

We are willing to pay the wages even if we are currently unable to battle with the best in the transfer market. I would hope that a few big names would throw their names in and that we don't restrict ourselves purely to British candidates.

Its essential that the name of any manager we have fits in with the Blue and White army chant. Otherwise the BBE will be really struggling for inspiration in the coming season.

Its essential that the name of any manager we have fits in with the Blue and White army chant. Otherwise the BBE will be really struggling for inspiration in the coming season.

I thought i'd cracked it with Slavan Billic's blue n white army. However after singing it 3 times its turned too "Slava blilichi's blue n white army".....on that note, NEXT!

..or rhymes with "gerrinto'um"

Michael Laudup anyone? City were linked to him a few weeks ago,

also i think Ince at the moment is in the same category as hughes was when we signed him, up and coming and highly rated by the media

He's now the Panathinaikos manager

IF Sparky goes I would certainly be excited by Terim as manager. He plays a game of offensive and entertaining football and wouldn't have to care about all the gibberish about who's playing for Fenerbache and who's playing for Galatasaray when picking his team... Good shout!

Martin O'Neill made his name at Wycombe. :unsure:

I get where your coming from, Krislu, but looking at British managers - I can't see many guys who fit the bill, aside from Mowbray. Unless we're going to go for a foreigner, I would much rather see a lower league manager appointed on the basis of his achievements than go for someone by reputation. And I couldn't bear it if a hoof-merchant was appointed. It would depress the hell out of me.

BTW certain Chelsea fans are probably saying the same about Hughes - "we're one of richest clubs in Europe, what's this about Hughes from Blackburn blimin' Backwater."

Big fat Sam would take 5,000 off the gate.

I don't like his transfer dealings either - the moment he got a bit of cash at Newcastle, it was down the drain....that said I can't see him getting similar amounts here unless Bentley's cashed in.

Would imagine he could make us hard to beat and try more for consolidation in the top half, rather than chasing 6th place.

The one comforting aspect of the situation is that JW has got it right the last two times and I'm positive he'll do so again.

Michael Laudup anyone? City were linked to him a few weeks ago,

also i think Ince at the moment is in the same category as hughes was when we signed him, up and coming and highly rated by the media

Ince has proved himself as a player at the top level and as a manager below top level. Clear favourite. Will add to the gate. As said, Fat Sam will reduce the gate. Fat Sam doesn't listen, a recipe for disaster at Ewood.

Hughes resume from Ewood

Transfer Market - the best

Discipline - very good/excellent

Team Selection - average

Tactical nouse - below average/poor

I read Henning Berg being suggested a while back. I have no idea how he's fared since becoming a manager but someone will no doubt be able to fill us in.

WHoever suggested Billy Davies needs to watch Derby County's Premier League 2007-08 DVD!

Surprised no mention of Houlier :huh:

Scotty's shout of Mowbray is very good - and would be the type of manager we need - and probably of all the others maybe with the exception of Bilic ticks all the boxes.

However have to agre with R6 and think he will want to remain loyal to WBA and will be thinking if he can keep them up that he can have them challenging alomg the same lines as us.

Suppose Laudrup is a godd call but doubt we would be of interest but you never know.

As they say would be interetsing to know who was on the previous list of candidates, and as already mentioned its not just the manager you have to think about but also the training team as well who would no doubt be following Hughes out of the door should he go.

Maybe my worries from earlier on this year of a relegation battle next season will not be so far off the mark.

Archived