BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

What little money does the club have ? to confidently appoint a manager who can progress what has already been acheived, this is a massive blow, but its not one that Blackburn Rovers has'nt faced before.

Only this time when the financial stakes seem to be higher than ever before in football, the owners seemed to have pulled the plug on releasing the all important cash thats vitally needed. This for me is going to be a hurdle possible to big to overcome.

When your star player wants to leave, then your manager, Rovers for me are showing they are in turmoil, is the end of the road in sight, i hope not but i fear so.

A new manager with no financial back up spells one thing for me whoever he maybe.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read Henning Berg being suggested a while back. I have no idea how he's fared since becoming a manager but someone will no doubt be able to fill us in.

WHoever suggested Billy Davies needs to watch Derby County's Premier League 2007-08 DVD!

Davies did acheive the impossible - a Premier League win for the Rams. In that sense his tenure was more successful than Paul Jewell's :)

I want wee Gordon Strachan. He'll relegate us but we'll go down with a smile on our faces!

PS MH hasn't actually gone yet

I read Henning Berg being suggested a while back. I have no idea how he's fared since becoming a manager but someone will no doubt be able to fill us in.

No thanks! Done pretty much nothing of note at Lyn FC.

Surprised no mention of Houlier :huh:

Suppose Laudrup is a godd call but doubt we would be of interest but you never know.

Unlikely, i think he is happy in a role with the French FA and recently turned down a big job.

As mentioned Laudrup has just agreed to take over at Panathinaikos, shame but you question whether he would ahve been interested anyway, as he seems to like european teams.

Martin Jol, but I think he'd see it as a step down.

How about Simon Grayson?

Jol has accepted the Hamburger SV job.

Personally i don't think he has done enough to warrant it. We should aim a lot higher.

I really hope we go for Mowbray, he looks a class act. Otherwise, I'd love to see Shearer successful as manager. Jol would have been my first choice by a long, long way, but I'm pretty sure he's taken a job in Germany.

I cannot explain how gutted I am that Hughes is leaving. He has done so much for this club and leaves us in a very strong position. He will always be a hero to me and I hope he gets a heroes welcome when he returns to Ewood.

That's Fatih Terim?

At least we would have a possible song with him if we struggle but manage to stay up.

to the Bad Manners classic

'We've stayed up with Fatih

Yes we stayed up with Fatih

Fatih Terim! Terim! Terim! Terim!'

:D

Hi Guys, Some of you will know me from the Official messageboard.

Although it may never happen, but someone said to me that if Hughes goes, why try to bring back Kenny. Just a thought thats all.

I wouldn't mind Henning Berg, but it depends how has he done with Lyn Oslo.

Dick Advocaat was interested in the job last time around.

He even spoke to John Williams about it and was told that Rovers wanted a British manager.

But with Zenit qualifying for the Champions League, he may have his eyes on a higher-profile job than the Rovers.

he really wants to manage in the Premier league though.

Still not convinced about all this Citeh talk, or maybe its just blind optimism!

Please god not Big Sam!

Ince seems a fair shout but why not go for Shearer? He would attract players although it would be a huge risk and does he have the desire?

why try to bring back Kenny.

No!

If we're going to do that we may as well call ourselves Newcastle United. Onwards, Upwards and most importantly Forwards!

Advocaat would be quality but i think the non european football would put him off.

Nelsta: They are probably right, I'd imagine it is in his mind that Chelsea have a day or 2 to get him, if not then he'll sign for Thailand!

Id stay clear of Ince, Allardyce, Mowbray, Newell, Grayson etc as they dont have the right CV for our job. Allardyce is the best out of that lot, but his football style is awful.

Id rather have Dick Advocaat or maybe Gerard Houllier.

OMG NOT Shearer. Old Big Ed. Even Clough couldn't compete with Mr Rightousness. Remember after Kenny when Shearer ran riot and contributed to all the problems off the field with his childish arrogance, , team interference, violence to fellow pros (Sutton, Gillespie - OK Sounes), silly behaviour and hotel wrecking spree's... No way.. good riddance when he went.

Hi Guys, Some of you will know me from the Official messageboard.

Although it may never happen, but someone said to me that if Hughes goes, why try to bring back Kenny. Just a thought thats all.

I wouldn't mind Henning Berg, but it depends how has he done with Lyn Oslo.

Omega,whats up buddy...nice to see you on here lol....anyway,if there is a manager that i wouldnt mind taking over IF Hughes goes,its the i think he is the coach of Villareal Pellegrini...otherwsie somebody mentioned Don McKay,hell who the (Please don't use that word again) is he lol

OMG NOT Shearer. Old Big Ed. Even Clough couldn't compete with Mr Rightousness. Remember after Kenny when Shearer ran riot and contributed to all the problems off the field with his childish arrogance, , team interference, violence to fellow pros (Sutton, Gillespie - OK Sounes), silly behaviour and hotel wrecking spree's... No way.. good riddance when he went.

Good riddance when Shearer went? Yeah, good un!

Archived