BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

It has to be Allardyce. I understand people's reservations based upon his style but 6 months at Newcastle does not undo 7 or 8 excellent years at Bolton.

I don't disagree that he did a good job at bolton but it's his style that i don't like. The football played by Bolton and Newcastle under his reign was dire and if that were to come to ewood then ticket prices could be dropped by half again and we still wouldn't get the fans in.

The next manager will see things go 1 way or the other and it is vital that rovers take everything into account and sound out every top manager they can imagine, even if they laugh at us.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be against Allardyce but would prefer McClaren.

Forget his England debacle, he is a extremely competant club manager who did a very good job at Middlesbrough.

He feels he has a point to prove and show those who doubted him that he has what it takes.

Rovers is the ideal club for him.

Disappointed in Hughes - thought he was morte intelligent and had more class than to go grovelling to the likes of City.

Big Al would only ever manage at the toon im affraid, its his home town club.

One of my friends here plays golf with Al when he´s over here at his house, and i asked him about the newc job at the time, the answer that came back was as follows -

"he gets paid loads by the bbc for motd for very little/no pressure and his personal sponsors fly him around the world for pro am golf, after dinner speaking etc again for massive money, it would take a miracle for him to decide to leave all that behind to manage a club with lots of pressure, press and the danger of ruining his image with the fans/club if it all goes wrong".

:rover: yeh and den did not like itFAT SAM :brfcsmilie:

We don't need another thread, stick your opinions in here that is what we are discussing after all. If he gets it/the job is up for grabs then we can start up a new thread slagging him off.

Christ, just when i thought the week couldnt get any worse.My misse's is having loads of crap at work and taking out on me saying she dosnt know wether she wants to be with me as she hasnt got time or patience to think of anything other than work, Now it look's like Hughes could be going and Bentley maybe sodding off.....And i turn bloomin 30 on weds...

It's only Monday....I'm gonna be an emotinal wreck by friday.

Lets face it, I think we should look to the future. We all know Hughesy will go at some point, and lets face it, has he taken us as far as we can go at present?

Currently available are Alladyce and McClaren. Both are decent managers but McClaren has the England job still around his neck and Alladyce is available. He would relish a challenge like our club.

Shame Ericksson has gone to MExico. Cause we could have done a swap deal.

It is not just the manager I fearing of losing. What about the players. Does this mean the end of Bentley @Rovers, Nelson, Mort, Benni, Santa Cruz??

After watching Advocaat's Zenit then he has to be a front runner - plus the fact that he may bring Arshavin!

Great shout. Possibly unrealistic though.

Otherwise-

Bilic - Worth a punt and would allow us to look at more Eastern European players. My choice at the moment.

Shearer - All to prove. Will he risk his past success?

Sven - He owes us one after turning us down last minute last time. All to prove in PL. Might just be looking for a cheap payday though.

Ince - Continue the Ex-Utd theme. Everything to prove. Possibly similar to Hughes in mould.

I hope that we will look for someone with contacts and / or who is up-and-coming.

Christ, just when i thought the week couldnt get any worse.My misse's is having loads of crap at work and taking out on me saying she dosnt know wether she wants to be with me as she hasnt got time or patience to think of anything other than work, Now it look's like Hughes could be going and Bentley maybe sodding off.....And i turn bloomin 30 on weds...

Could be worse - at least you're not a Dingle ;)

take it easy mate!

when chicks come on strong like this - its time to back away. She'll soon realise whats she's missing.

Hughes hasn't left and until he does so I am not willing to tout replacements as I think its highly unlikely he'll agree terms with City

Good point. But unlike with the link to Newcastle in January, Rovers have made a press release, which makes me think it will happen - either Chelsea or Citeh.

I will be devastated if Hughes leaves us. Whenever players of ours have been linked with bigger clubs he has always made the point about not being a selling club and looking to build something with Rovers. If then he just ups and goes to a 'big' club, it will be very hard to take. We are a better team than City, finished higher than them and have a real chance to do well with the squad being improved this summer. Obviously Hughes will have more cash to spend on players at City, but I don't see them being able to achieve much more than Rovers could, no matter how much money they have.

If United or indeed Chelsea came calling for him, then I could understand him seriously considering an offer, but it is hard to see him leave for a club who have similar ambitions as ourselves.

You know, I've been having a think about this and I've come to the conclusion (sort of) that this maybe a good thing. I started to reflect on the games to the latter stage of the season when, with Europe a real possibility, we performed poorly. With everything to play for we turned in some really flat unispired performances, save the United match.

Has me wondering if Hughes had lost that spark with some of the players, indeed I had real problems with his perseverance with MGP all season long. I just wonder if we had got to the point where the players needed to hear a new voice. Perhaps Sparky knows this already hence is willingness to get away.

1. Steve Clarke

2. Alex McCleish

3. Mark Bowen

4. Dick Advocat

5. Slaven Billic

6. Jean Tiagna (where is he now)

7. Alan Shearer

Remember guys we are top 7 side, if teams like city can get linked with scolari, hughes e.t.c i dont see why people are going so low as Newell, Grayson, Ince!! We are a good team guys with a lot of quality within the team. Im not saying we are the most attractive football team but it would be attractive for a lot of managers.

We should not touch allayrdce or McClaren with a barge pole!!

I know we have had bad experiences with no. 2's in the past but Mark Bowen should be given a chance i think (if he isnt taken along with sparky).

Also when shearer was linked with the barcodes as a houillier/shearer or keegan/shearer - did he say he didnt want to be a partnership??? Because a proven european manager with shearer could be an option?

Alan Irvine with Rob Kelly ?

Good shout for Dick Advocat after his successful season at Zenit and previous links with Rovers.

Paul Ince another up and coming interesting possibility.

My wildcard is for Roy Keane, a proven winner who maybe has spent alot of money at Sunderland and many would say on not a lot, but for me thats because hes taking them through the stages to get Sunderland to were Rovers currently are.

But, at the end of the day is there really any money available to take the club forward whoever the manager maybe thats what we all should be asking.

Tell her to get her arse in the kitchen and bake you a pie...get her priorities right!!

Archived