BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

I've had 5 emails from different people in the last half hour saying Big Sam is at Ewood! I hope he'd just stopped off at McDonalds. What a lovely start to the summer!

I think someone has mixed up the Sportsworld and Leavers "closing down" sales. I cruel trick to play on Sam.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Fat Sam made Bolton finish consistently higher than Blackburn. And as for the 'crap football' comments, Blackburn have finished consistently bottom of the fair play league under Hughes, with a reputation as leg-snapping spoilers and cloggers.

I think someone has mixed up the Sportsworld and Leavers "closing down" sales. I cruel trick to play on Sam.

Top. Cheers Bob, always rely on you to cheer me up. Oh well now for a drive home - Radio Lancs or TalkSport to furthur ruin the day.

I know I will get some stick, but if MH leaves how about Glen Hoddle, he know a lot about football and like to play it with style.

Complete with faith healer - beats ice baths I suppose.

No to Hoddle imo.

Southgate would not be too bad - if given time - though not my first choice.

Shearer needs to be an assistant manager first.

Avran Grant - nobody knows what he would be like on a shoe string budget - though if rovers are taken over there would be funds available.

SGE - well he could aford to buy rovers and appoint himself as manager.

Martin O.neil?

Manchini?

who will be caretaker manager for the time being?? cus there is no tony parkes to hold fort this time, and im presuming that bowen will leave with hughes.....so who will step in?

Eddie. He knows more about football than any of us or anyone in management. Now if we can only agree compensation with that Parisian bar.

No, Adams aside, just one of your Celtic chums and most certainly not an ex-Ger. JHC - Paul Lambert !!!

European Cup winner and has completed all his coaching badges. Got a not very good Wycombe team to the play-offs. But I think he'll go to Celtic as first team coach- at least that's what I'd hope he does.

where is vialli these days? the fella was born with a silver spoon in his mouth so may not totally be in it for the money if he still has any love for the game, and he's a big enough name to keep players happy and attract new ones! Ince is not a bad shout, ahhh just thought of the dream candidate ZOLA...who would'nt love that fans players everyone....now i've just plucked that name out of fresh air any other manager will be as well recieved by me as megson was by bolton fans! Who do i suggest this to to start the ball in motion!I would f'ing love that!

It would be a disaster if Allerdyce was to become our manager. He's first signing would someone like Christian Vieri. He really wouldn't be the man to make sure that we didn't go backwards if Hughes leaves.

Hopefully Hughes will see what a crook this guy Shinawatra is and see that if he doesn't get instant success like Sven, he too will be out the door.

i Cant believe this; Chelsea yes, but City what have they ever done in their history to suggest they are a top club? yes they have more fans but that’s were it ends. Im very surprised and disappointed in sparky he has gone For the money end of. He has also shot himself in the foot for the United job (no-way city will allow him to leave for united).

If Mark had acted this way (by virtually handing in a transfer request) to go to any of the big 4 or perhaps Spurs or a big foreign club, I would loathed to have lot him but accepted his decision and wished him the best of luck. However this is not a footballing decision & my estimations of him as a man has plummeted.

Nevertheless, I will understand his decision if it comes to light that the board have gone back on assurances over transfer kitties or the sale of key players, which seems likely due to the short-sighted nature of the trust and Mr Williams etc. If this is the case…. then hello the championship.

Replacements

Advocat

Van Gaal

Hoiulier

Bilic

Walter smith (yeah I know, no chance)

It would be a disaster if Allerdyce was to become our manager. He's first signing would someone like Christian Vieri.

Now we're talking. Get Coley back as well, replace our bench with a jacuzzi, stick a pair of shades on and light up that cigar.

Chris Coleman ticks all these boxes and has premiership management experience. Badly treated by Fulham in my view. Not English exactly but only a stones throw away as is Mark Hughes. Also ex player for the club.

This thread is a good idea because then the others don't get clogged with suggestions during the period of uncertainty (and who knows how long that'll last).

This is my criteria for the ideal next boss (please add if I've forgotten something obvious - and I've already done the Sturrock gag on another thread so - PRE-EMPTED!).

- A contemporary football man: Up and coming OR established - i.e NOT someone from a bygone age (not a Kevin Keegan type appointment).

- Promotes a passing style of football - i.e NOT a hoofaphile like Boothroyd or Allardyce.

- Has a record for recruiting talented foreign players - i.e NOT Boothroyd

- Has a record for developing young players - NOT Allardyce.

- Has the gravitas to impress high profile players - NOT a weak Gareth Southgate type

- Has a record of working under a tight budget - NOT McClaren or Sven the Fraud

It would be a disaster if Allerdyce was to become our manager. He's first signing would someone like Christian Vieri.

Agreed.

Any man who thinks that signing Joey 'Sociopathic Assaultmonger' Barton is a way to take a club forward is seriously deluded and certainly no candidate for the Rovers job. People think we're a bunch of shin-kicking hate-figures as it is, who'd want to come to Ewood to watch a team built by a man who regularly picks players as loveable and charismatic as El-Hadji Diouf, Kevin Nolan and Ivan Campo?

Not to mention a manager who was implicated in several bung scandals. We might as well get Del-Boy Trotter.

Big fat Sam would take 5,000 off the gate.

id be tempted as well,im really grumpy and fed up of footy at the moment.

Ive hated fatarse from when he was a bolton player and i hate his style of football,i hate spit ,i hate lard arse and i hate campo.Hes like mike basset.

i hate sven

BRING BACK KENNY,SHEARER AND HENDRY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gordon Strachan or Dick Advocat are my choices

People that are touting Paul Ince must be havin a laugh. The Premier League is so demanding now that Rovers have to get the next appointment spot on or risk getting relegated. Yes, maybe a few seasons ago we might have got away with poor managerial decisions, but the league is so demanding now that every little mistake will be punished whether that be on the pitch or off the pitch

Time to get real hubby says only one serious candidate STANLEY TERNANT (only joking). Reality he would like to see the likes of Marcello Lippi.

Newell hasn't done that much and certainly hasn't the experience of managing stars.

Coleman's done ok but has hardly set the world alight - certainly a safe option but hardly of the caliber of Hughes.

Ince again might be a decent appointment but a lack of experience managing top stars and of the premier league may hinder him.

Jol - 16m on Bent says it all. And doubts over the teams fitness.

Bilic if we could get him - though I doubt we could - would be my vote. or Jose, but again we'd never get near either of them.

Are there any promising managers abroad who our overseas members think might be worth a punt.

Having met Coleman, he is not the calibre of manager I would want.

I am sure there will be interest in our post, but mostly from cast offs and has beens. Quite difficult to compete in the Premiership with a tiny transfer budget.

Unless you have a genius who can spend it wisely....

Archived