BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if ince agrees a swap with spurs for bent,with bentley going the other way,we wouldnt have to pay transfer fees.

He would have to take a pay cut of course but if Spurs tell him he is not wanted then he might look at that. If he could be guaranteed first team football he might take it. It would put him back in the lime light and could help his England prospects.

I believe Bentley is on £25,000 a week and was offered considerably more than that to sign a new contract, so we do have the ability to pay high wages. Weather it would be high enough is another matter.

He would have to take a pay cut of course but if Spurs tell him he is not wanted then he might look at that. If he could be guaranteed first team football he might take it. It would put him back in the lime light and could help his England prospects.

I believe Bentley is on £25,000 a week and was offered considerably more than that to sign a new contract, so we do have the ability to pay high wages. Weather it would be high enough is another matter.

yeah Bent comes to Rovers,does really well,gets into the England team,and Fooks off to a bigger club....its really bothering me that so many players come here,after having failed at another club,does well and goes again.im saddened by that,shows that players think very little of this club.

No we dont't, we have Vogel, Reid and even Emerton, we need a creative midfielder. I don't believe the Brighi story.

Not one of those players is a holding player, we have never replaced Savage. Nelsen and Samba need someone to sit in front of them, and form the defensive triangle that most teams base there teams around nowadays. All three of them like to get forward, its their instinct, we need someone who sits protects the centre backs, wins back possesion and gives it simple to help build attacks.

If Ince goes with his normal tactic, we will have a three man central midfield next year. For it to work we must have one player whos happy in that role, otherwise we will be sadly exposed at the back just like all off last year.

RUMOUR on Skysports

Adam W (Tottenham Hotspur fan) says...

Have just seen Bentley heading into WHL so fingers crossed thats going to happen. also rumoured that Spurs are chasing Gamst Pedersen still.

Posted 10:23 3rd July 2008

yeah Bent comes to Rovers,does really well,gets into the England team,and Fooks off to a bigger club....its really bothering me that so many players come here,after having failed at another club,does well and goes again.im saddened by that,shows that players think very little of this club.

There are lots of players who don't think much of any club though. It's not just ours. Man U, Villa, Spurs, are currently being messed with and it's not long since Drogba was mouthing off to the French press about leaving chelsea. It's all to do with the modern culture of me, me, me and now, now, now.

I'd rather players didn't use us as a stepping stone, but the best players will always want to test themselves on the biggest level. In order to get there they have to use a number of other clubs to get there. You keep them by becoming a dominant force, but that's unlikely to happen. At least we can say that players like Shearer, Duff, Cruz, Bentley etc have played for us than only buy mediocre players that at least will remain here for as long as we want them too.

As a club we quite happily move players on when they are no longer good enough for us. Players do the same. With Bentley I have no problem with him leaving to go and play for utd, or Milan, Real etc. but the way he has gone about it is unacceptable - especially if he ends up going to bloody Spuds!

Not one of those players is a holding player, we have never replaced Savage. Nelsen and Samba need someone to sit in front of them, and form the defensive triangle that most teams base there teams around nowadays. All three of them like to get forward, its their instinct, we need someone who sits protects the centre backs, wins back possesion and gives it simple to help build attacks.

If Ince goes with his normal tactic, we will have a three man central midfield next year. For it to work we must have one player whos happy in that role, otherwise we will be sadly exposed at the back just like all off last year.

Are you seriously telling me that Vogel isn't a holding midfielder, what are you on, did you watch Blackburn last year?

RUMOUR on Skysports

Adam W (Tottenham Hotspur fan) says...

Have just seen Bentley heading into WHL so fingers crossed thats going to happen. also rumoured that Spurs are chasing Gamst Pedersen still.

Posted 10:23 3rd July 2008

How many visits to that dump has it taken him? He's been supposed to be there at least 3 days out of the last 4. Spurs fans living in the past too. Why would they be interested in pedersen after last year's performances?

Are you seriously telling me that Vogel isn't a holding midfielder, what are you on, did you watch Blackburn last year?

So because he played there for us last year he is one, don't make me laugh! Tugay played there does that make him one! Players have a natural position it is not his. his best days where at PSV when he played in a 3 with Cocu and Van Bommel, Guess who the holding player was Cocu. Vogel is a central midfielder, not a holding player there is a massive difference, he is more akin to Tugay, than Savage.

Burnley have made an offer and are waiting on an answer from Celtic.

Miles apart in their valuations by the looks. Typical dingles, doing things on the cheap.

Back to the drawing board Mr McDingle. Can't wait to tell my bro the happy news!!!!

Vogel is a defensive midfielder and towards the back end of last season he looks like he is a very good one as well. Sparky would not of bought him if he was not a defensive midfielder, he was bought to fill in Savage's place in the team

So because he played there for us last year he is one, don't make me laugh! Tugay played there does that make him one! Players have a natural position it is not his. his best days where at PSV when he played in a 3 with Cocu and Van Bommel, Guess who the holding player was Cocu. Vogel is a central midfielder, not a holding player there is a massive difference, he is more akin to Tugay, than Savage.

Vogel is a holding midfield player!

Ive seen him play it for the swiss,betis and PSV!He rarely gets passed half way!

we need a player in the mould of Arteta,Deco,(Obviously not them 2 but you get my drift!

Someone who can unlock a defence with one ball, maybe Benayoun is worth a shout!

Bent wont sign.....he'd be quality for us, out of the limelight but spurs wouldnt sell him for anything

less than 12 million!

Vogel is a holding midfield player!

Ive seen him play it for the swiss,betis and PSV!He rarely gets passed half way!

we need a player in the mould of Arteta,Deco,(Obviously not them 2 but you get my drift!

Someone who can unlock a defence with one ball, maybe Benayoun is worth a shout!

Bent wont sign.....he'd be quality for us, out of the limelight but spurs wouldnt sell him for anything

less than 12 million!

it's just my humble, uneducated, worthless opinion - but i think Benayoun is exactly the player we need. Or we at least need to find another version of him.

Depending on departures this window, our priorities have to be a right back, an attacking creative midfielder and presumably a right sided midfielder and striker for when Bentley and Roberts leave.

It has been said before and I think the same that Ince will deploy a 4-5-1 system for the coming season. I think the players that come in will be ideally familiar to this setup.

i don't think we need a forward, we have got a very good forward line with Rocky, Roberts, Benni and Derbyshire. A right back and an attacking midfielder are what Rovers are short off.

Agree with that. not to mention we also have Rigters and Gally on the books still. So if anything that's a position we can shed - no need to bring in a new striker until RB and ACM are sorted and even then finding somebody better than Benni or Cruz is going to be tough.

Depending on departures this window, our priorities have to be a right back, an attacking creative midfielder and presumably a right sided midfielder and striker for when Bentley and Roberts leave.

It has been said before and I think the same that Ince will deploy a 4-5-1 system for the coming season. I think the players that come in will be ideally familiar to this setup.

who said Roberts is leaving? i thought him and Cruz were a great partnership for Rovers towards the back end of the season.

Rigters may be given a chance now as will Gally. Ince may like what they have to offer. Different manager different opinions.

Rigters and Gallagher up front eh?

That strike force wouldn't keep us in the Championship. ;)

Rigters may be given a chance now as will Gally. Ince may like what they have to offer. Different manager different opinions.

Why would Rigters get any more chances? He's poor. I've seen him play almost every game he's played here at Rovers and he's still poor. giving him chances won't make him better - it'll just cost us points we can't afford to lose.

Why would Rigters get any more chances? He's poor. I've seen him play almost every game he's played here at Rovers and he's still poor. giving him chances won't make him better - it'll just cost us points we can't afford to lose.

Maybe Hughes might come back for Rigters, along with the Axe and take them to City!!!!!

Archived