BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard that because Toon signed spiderman they were no longer interested in Arda Turan, but we were.

OK, I realise I must be the only person on this MB (nay maybe in the World) that does not know who the **** Spiderman is, and it is driving me crazy!! His name has been mentioned in at least a zillion posts today as having signed for Toon, and not one person has asked who he is, so everybody must know...........except me. Please someone for pity's sake tell me who he is (real name) and who he played for before Toon snapped him up. Thank you. :wacko:

Agree with you. He looks very decent. He seems to have pace, technique and can also score goals, both feet and on the head.

Anyone know what the fee is?

At a total guess £5 million-7 i would think but i dont know what his situation is ie. contract etc!

His name was mentioned to me a while ago then that was when i asked nicko to check it out

and it was true we were monitoring him!

It is essential we get the right players into replace to departing ones. We only have a small

squad so injuries could dictate our season!

OK, I realise I must be the only person on this MB (nay maybe in the World) that does not know who the **** Spiderman is, and it is driving me crazy!! His name has been mentioned in at least a zillion posts today as having signed for Toon, and not one person has asked who he is, so everybody must know...........except me. Please someone for pity's sake tell me who he is (real name) and who he played for before Toon snapped him up. Thank you. :wacko:

Fife the player is Jonas Gutierrez

An Argentine right winger from Real Mallorca

(You will have guessed his celebration is an impersonation of a superhero, but I don't know which one.)

Phew! At last I can go to my bed and actually get some sleep now. Thanks to Dave S, and Gumboots.

P.S. (just for you two): I bet there were thousands more that didn't know either but were too afraid to admit it! ;)

I didn't know either, but wasn't really taking much notice anyway, trying to track my son's plane from Spain and wondering why it and half a dozen others due in at Manchester suddenly landed at Liverpool (they're all back at Manchester now...).

'Neville in court over leg break'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ter/7486171.stm

Speaking at the hearing, Gary Neville said: "I would have expected a no-brainer for him to go and be a top level football player..."

2 points to extrapolate from the above.

1. Did anyone ever think that the term 'no-brainer' would be used by Gary Neville, other than as the title to his autobiography?

2. How will the admitted 'negligence', to the possible tune of 16 million pounds impact Middlesborough's insurance premium?

As we see regularly (Eduardo) injuries are an occupational hazard. It's tough but it's the luck of the draw imo.

Oh well...you will have to wait until the morning for the answer to that one. ;)

...and lo and behold a report that a bid has been made. Don't think they'll get him for the price you've quoted.

Any news on incomings for Incey? The beebs gossip column round-up seems to suggest more outgoings (Bentley and Samba). I'd be amazed if Samba went to Hull.

Samba is wanted by Hughes, and is itching for a move! (Star)

Bentley has been told ‘see you Monday’ by ince and that he wants him to stay.

Bolton are waiting on an answer as they attempt to sign midfielder Simon Vukcevic from Sporting Lisbon. (Daily Mirror)

Samba is wanted by Hughes, and is itching for a move! (Star) These papers come up with a new player every week at the moment. I doubt any of our players (apart from Bentley) have been saying anything about going anywhere

Bentley has been told ‘see you Monday’ by ince and that he wants him to stay. Of course Ince wants him to stay and to be fair all of the players (apart from Nelson) are reporting back on monday - pointless paper talk again

Bolton are waiting on an answer as they attempt to sign midfielder Simon Vukcevic from Sporting Lisbon. (Daily Mirror) Where the heck are Bolton getting all this money from

Samba is wanted by Hughes, and is itching for a move! (Star)

Bentley has been told ‘see you Monday’ by ince and that he wants him to stay.

Bolton are waiting on an answer as they attempt to sign midfielder Simon Vukcevic from Sporting Lisbon. (Daily Mirror)

The Star should stick to their Big Brother stories.

Mugs.

Sadly I will probably be wrong, but wouldn't it be great if this summer was the defining moment where clubs arrested the trend of whinging, overpaid, Prima Donna's getting there own way and called the shots.

In theory we could have a situation in September where Ronaldo, Barry and Bentley have all come out and made idiots of themselves in the press by trying to force their employers hands by engineering a move, and yet are still at the club where they have burned their bridges.

New legislation, such as the Webster ruling keeps coming out and gives increasingly more power to the players, but for once maybe they won't get their own way...

Heres hoping...

Todays Talksport tittle tattle suggests that Robbie Keane is unsettled by Liverpool's interest and would like a move to Anfield. If true Spuds fans view of their club maybe be deflated a bit but, fun as that may be, it seems as though Liverpool are becoming a pain in the backside these days.

im not entirely sure what i think of the "power to the players" debate. on one hand they should respect the club and their fans.. BUT its THEIR life. THEIR career. THEIR happiness. If i was under contract, and was forced to stay at a job, even though i wanted away i would be totally :angry: :angry: and trying my best to get the move i wanted. you only live once, and even though you should be happy to have a well paid job etc. you have to be cynical with these issues. dont waste your time at a place you dont feel is right.

dont you agree?

dont you understand players who want away should get the oportunity?

These days? they have been that for a number of years. And it's nice to see Spurs getting some of the treatment they try dishing out to other clubs. they don't like what they see as disrespect to their wonderful club but continually dish it out in the form of transfer speculation claiming players have signed for them etc. Now a nastier team are doing it to them. serves them right.

think we're just getting a bit fed up with all the Rovers players reportedly leaving and no real links in. I know there are a lot of clubs yet to bring anyone in even youngsters but this is the really frustrating time from the fans' point of view. Euros are over, preseason just about to begin so start of season still some time off. So we listen to every rumour more seriously than we might otherwise have done

Spurs would seem to be marking cards at The Guardian - claim that there will be a £12 million bid for Bentley and that will include Lennon.

As the price is way too low and Lennon has yet to be asked I think it is just another 'fishing expedition' by Tottenham.

It's a shame that one of the biggest 'messers' in football is interested in one of your players. This could run and run.

Spurs would seem to be marking cards at The Guardian - claim that there will be a £12 million bid for Bentley and that will include Lennon.

As the price is way too low and Lennon has yet to be asked I think it is just another 'fishing expedition' by Tottenham.

It's a shame that one of the biggest 'messers' in football is interested in one of your players. This could run and run.

Personally, I would be quite happy to swap Bentley for Bent and Lennon and no cash - spurs could then get Bent of the wage bill and could use it as a smokescreen for spending so much money on him in the first instance !

Archived