BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Quite apart from the fact that he should already be facing a couple more years in jail, or that he is possibly the most over-rated midfielder in the country, or that he is to team spirit what Gordon Brown is to by-elections; he is on a suspended sentence for 2 years - which means that the next time the fuse goes (and let's be honest, they aren't isolated incidents) he'll be back inside and not playing. Not really a smart move by any yardstick

Thats a good do.... he'll be well cheap. In fact he may even pay us to play! :tu: Beggars cant be choosers rem rth.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why on earth is a right back a priority? Bert's been doing a good job there for quite a while now. Start building, by replacing your weaknesses first. i.e. lack of pace all over the team and lack of midfield creativity. RB's not a priority.

Bert gets a bit tired or injured and we have to put Reid there - we do need a new right back Den.

Bert gets a bit tired or injured and we have to put Reid there - we do need a new right back Den.

We can bring in two players - and one is a right back? No way on earth that's a priority.

NELSEN - He will miss ALL of the warm-up programme and is scheduled to be back for the opener...fit and well? I have my doubts.

BURNLEY - Working away and making progress, but no names for publication yet. But thanks for the interest. ;)

BARTON - Going back to Newcastle, but they want to cut their wage bill so they would loan him out. However they might realise he is as well staying there...

KK knows all about him, he is a good player, top scored at city, lead the assist charts, it was also no coincedence NUFC won three on the bounce when he came back into the team, I for one am prepared to look past his thuggery, and believe jail will have changed him he's worth a look on loan.

NELSEN - Cannot believe he is going to the Olympics. Makes the start of the season that bit harder.

Completely agree, was gobsmacked to read this, I do wonder if he's done it to make Nelsen happy i know he wanted to go!

Is it more likely that Bert will stay in midfield then, or is he being shipped out altogether? I hope not, he's a very adaptable player, we have had him everywhere except in goal and up front (left and right), and he played up front for the Aussies a while ago and bagged 2, so if needs be...;)

I really like Bert. He's a typically Aussie athlete and very adaptable. Did a good job at right back AND in the centre of midfield plus there are one or two who could take lessons in humility from him.

There's surely no way he could be considered for shipping out unless a daft offer came in.

Nicko said DB definately was NOT at WHL yesterday. This must be bull or else his agent would be going on in the media by now. and i dont think we would let him go to spurs unless the money is really really silly. whats he winning by going there? they are a weaker side than rovers. if hes going to a similar club he should at least join Villa or Everton.

Why would any player need to got to a football ground for a medical? Harley Street might be more appropriate for that.... or at the very least the training ground.

All this "negotiating" seems to imply to me that maybe the main problem might be in the buyer's failure to convince the trust of their intent when it comes to future investment levels .

Personally I'm glad the figure is "high" - Dan the Man and Mr Chaudhery may have money beyond my wildest dreams but I doubt they can take us to the mythical next level nor maintain us at the present level longer than could the present management structure .

I would not trust either of the above named gentlemen more than I could throw them . I'm sure many thousands of supporters would take a similar sceptical view .

I'm on the fence with regards to these potential buyers. But the trustees playing hardball now with the selling price doesn't help Rovers long term future. I would rather the prospective owners had an extra £10m to invest than the trustees get a good deal.

Whats not been clarified is the motivation for getting Rovers off the Trusts books

* Bcause Rovers, financialy are becoming a liability for the trust portfolio

* The trust wants new owners who can invest and take Rovers forward and secure long term future

If the trust are playing hardball on the sale price it could be the latter and hopefully the former doesn't apply. However if the trust are negotiating with successful, hard nosed buisnessmen their instincts wont let them pay over the odds.

I might be wrong, but didn't Chelsea get sold for a nominal price. If the trust are serious about Rovers long term future, surely they could sell for a nominal price to someone with serious wealth who can prove long term investment, with future sell on cluases(where have we heard that one before :) )

Why on earth is a right back a priority? Bert's been doing a good job there for quite a while now. Start building, by replacing your weaknesses first. i.e. lack of pace all over the team and lack of midfield creativity. RB's not a priority.

Emo struggles defensively, he's fine going forward, but he gets carried away and we get caught out.

NELSEN - He will miss ALL of the warm-up programme and is scheduled to be back for the opener...fit and well? I have my doubts.

BURNLEY - Working away and making progress, but no names for publication yet. But thanks for the interest. ;)

What a way to repay the faith we (Hughes) showed in him for most of last season :angry:

Trust me, it is in the eyes of the new management.

Possible to prepare for Bentley going and saving money by putting Emerton back in midfield - hence the need for a new right back.

It sounds french!

Try saying it with a Birmingham accent, it doesn't then ;) but still well done on passing your first french lesson, tomorrow's will be yes. :P

What a way to repay the faith we (Hughes) showed in him for most of last season :angry:

It was Ince's decision to let him go, he didn't have to. You can hardly deny the man a chance to represent his country at the Olympics!

Possible to prepare for Bentley going and saving money by putting Emerton back in midfield - hence the need for a new right back.

If that's the thinking - and I don't believe it is, we're doomed.

Archived