BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Nicko, have Rovers made enquiries about ANY players as yet as far as you know?

Do you know whats happening at Ewood at the moment... All seems frighteningly silent considering the squad is due back in 6 days...

All the Ewood related news seems very negative at the moment...

Raymond Mathias, 61

Archie Knox, 61

I am not in a negative mood at all. :wacko:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... and finally Nicko (i know things can change overnight), but what kind of timeline do you reckon we are looking at with the takeover? Do you think 6 months? A year?

Any progress on the Chris Ronnie interest? Have you tried ringing him to see whats happening? ;):lol:

Nicko, not sure if you have been asked this yet, but what is your view of Archie Knox.

He strikes me as a good bloke and obviously has experience. However, there were 'rumours' when at Bolton, that his methods were slightly old fashioned etc.

Santa Cruz we can keep, if we keep Bentley we make ourselves look bad on several levels unless he comes out and semi-apologises/expresses a total change of heart:

1) We look like a team that will prevent younger players from moving onto bigger clubs, not really something you want when we next try and sign a youngster.

2) We make it look like we can't survive without/replace Bentley and so are only option is to force him to stay.

3) We risk upsetting other players within the team (would you want to play with someone who went on holiday and told the world that he wanted to leave?).

It makes it look like we will stick to the agreed terms of a contract. Whats wrong with that eddie? Do you think breaking contracts is OK? If so why bother with them at all?

... and finally Nicko (i know things can change overnight), but what kind of timeline do you reckon we are looking at with the takeover? Do you think 6 months? A year?

Any progress on the Chris Ronnie interest? Have you tried ringing him to see whats happening? ;):lol:

I understand that Nabeel Chowdrey has made a specific offer which has been rejected. There is a figure I have been told but I had better leave it vague at the moment.

Chris Ronnie may react later in the week, but might not even reach the offer level figures that Chowdrey has made.

Like I have said before, it sounds as if the price is too high.

So it either comes down or we carry on waiting for new owners...

there wont be a takeover this season i dont think!

the trustees are playin hardball!they want money back

and buyers want to buy the club not give the trustees money!

it looks all stalemate at the moment!stubborn Bu66ers just like

me girlfriend!

I understand that Nabeel Chowdrey has made a specific offer which has been rejected. There is a figure I have been told but I had better leave it vague at the moment.

Chris Ronnie may react later in the week, but might not even reach the offer level figures that Chowdrey has made.

Like I have said before, it sounds as if the price is too high.

So it either comes down or we carry on waiting for new owners...

It is a pity that Nabeel Chowdrey and Chris Ronnie could not do a joint venture - at the sametime we don't want two owners argueing with each other at Rovers. Do you think that Nabeel Chowdrey is likley to increase his offer?

there wont be a takeover this season i dont think!

the trustees are playin hardball!they want money back

and buyers want to buy the club not give the trustees money!

it looks all stalemate at the moment!stubborn Bu66ers just like

me girlfriend!

I'll tell her you said that! Mr Chief scouts best mate!

It is a pity that Nabeel Chowdrey and Chris Ronnie could not do a joint venture - at the sametime we don't want two owners argueing with each other at Rovers. Do you think that Nabeel Chowdrey is likley to increase his offer?

Not by the further £10 million wanted.

I don't know where these mythical values come from...but the club won't be sold until they drop.

Is this the first offer for the club or did Dan Williams make one and what was his offer?

Dan Williams's figures were around £45 million for the club, taking on the debt and guaranteeing transfer funds...which the club would have accepted before he pulled back because he felt he was over-paying.

The trouble is that valuation is still in the heads of a few.

It would have been better if it had never been pumped up to that level.

Right now you are heading for a period of stagnation.

It makes it look like we will stick to the agreed terms of a contract. Whats wrong with that eddie? Do you think breaking contracts is OK? If so why bother with them at all?

You must realise , Theno , that contracts in the prem are useful only for securing a decent transfer fee . The longer the contract the higher the fee .

At the end of next season Rovers will be desperate to sell Bentley - if they aren't already .

My main disappointment in this whole sorry affair is that more than one club aren't interested in buying him .

It's getting more like the McCarthy situation every day ......big headed , big mouthed player wants away but nobody is actually willing to stump up the money . Now how much is McCarthy worth today ? OK , his age is far greater than Bentley's but in hindsight it would have been good business to get a few million for him .

All in all , when you consider the circumstances of a player who just doesn't want to stay - and who the fans now dislike (to say the least) - and whose worth may well depreciate because of these factors and the contract time factor ; I think it wise to sell .

That is if there's a team out there who want him .........

Looks like it, but to be fair, from what we know, the likely contenders with regards to ownership hardly look like they have the finances to move us forward.

It should not be case of new ownership for the sake of it. Needs to be the right person(s) to really take us forward.

Then so be it .

All this "negotiating" seems to imply to me that maybe the main problem might be in the buyer's failure to convince the trust of their intent when it comes to future investment levels .

Personally I'm glad the figure is "high" - Dan the Man and Mr Chaudhery may have money beyond my wildest dreams but I doubt they can take us to the mythical next level nor maintain us at the present level longer than could the present management structure .

I would not trust either of the above named gentlemen more than I could throw them . I'm sure many thousands of supporters would take a similar sceptical view .

Not by the further £10 million wanted.

I don't know where these mythical values come from...but the club won't be sold until they drop.

Maybe an accountant might make sense of it Nicko. I'm just like you ... I know sod all about accountancy. :closedeyes:

Archived