BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

I think for the stability of the club, we should make DB play for one more season and let him leave the season after, even guarantee it.

He will therefore need to keep playing well and we hopefully dont get relegated.

Bentley has made his mind up he wants to leave Rovers, so whats the point of keeping a player who wants away??

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgetting somebody? :lol:

Aye Stanley have signed one. Nicko, I only generally log on here to see if you've posted and you are a real coup for this mb but your banging on about the Dingles makes me smile. You were giving it the big 'un about them last season and look what happened. Sure Coyle may be a good manager but little old Burnley will be outgunned and finish mid table again next season.

That aside, you the man Nicko!

Here's an interesting thought.

Manchester City were given a work permit for Jo - their 'record' signing - last Friday afternoon.

This is Tuesday and he has still not been announced.

Makes you think, doesn't it.

Manchester City were given a work permit for Jo - their 'record' signing - last Friday afternoon.

maybe City are waiting for the Axe to sign as well!!!!!

Is Frank checking the sofa for any loose change he can get together?

Some strange transfer values in there. Annan at £10m? He was moving for around £2m in may.

Frings at £4m makes excellent value, he was Germanys best player at the euros.

I'll drive mokoena there myself for £2m!!!

Ince on Radio Lancs this morning saying no truth in the rumours about Bentley going anywhere. He (and Roque) will be turning up with the others for pre-season training on Monday.

At this early stage of his management career, the best thing Ince could possibly do, is tell Rocky and Bentley that they are staying, - and make that happen.

Two reasons for that. 1 - To give himself twelve months to really assess the squad at his disposal, without weakening that currently unknown squad, within a month. He can't possibly know what he's inherited and as importantly, nor do many people around him. 2 - Make it known to everyone at Ewood and beyond, that he's no pushover and what he says, goes.

At this early stage of his management career, the best thing Ince could possibly do, is tell Rocky and Bentley that they are staying, - and make that happen.

Two reasons for that. 1 - To give himself twelve months to really assess the squad at his disposal, without weakening that currently unknown squad, within a month. 2 - Make it known to everyone at Ewood and beyond, that he's no pushover and what he says, goes.

I broadly agree with you, but alot depends on Bentley as well (Cruz will stay I am sure). If bentley wants to push it there is little we can do, we could end up with a situation like Ferguson a few seasons back - a player who doesn't play, and a massively reducing transfer fee.

I broadly agree with you, but alot depends on Bentley as well (Cruz will stay I am sure). If bentley wants to push it there is little we can do, we could end up with a situation like Ferguson a few seasons back - a player who doesn't play, and a massively reducing transfer fee.

Bentley HAS to play though - and play well.

Bentley has made it clear on television he wants to move away from Rovers, Rovers are best to sell him now while is value is very high then keep a player who is not intrested in Rovers future anymore

Who's to say his value is higher now, than it will be in 12 months? It depends on who wants him and how much they're prepared to pay.

Would you sell Roque as well, if he says he wants away?

If Bents stays for another season, he would be able to buy out the remaining 2 years of his contract for a minimal amount and we would lose a fortune in tranfer fees, sell him now and watch him sink like a stone like many other players and managers who thought the grass was greener

Who's to say his value is higher now, than it will be in 12 months? It depends on who wants him and how much they're prepared to pay.

Would you sell Roque as well, if he says he wants away?

face the fact Den, we are (Blackburn Rovers we can not keep hold of our best players, we are not a bigger enough club to turn down big money bids for our star players)

If Roque wants to leave, then yes i would sell him, i don't see the point of keeping a player who is not happy at the club

If Bents stays for another season, he would be able to buy out the remaining 2 years of his contract for a minimal amount and we would lose a fortune in tranfer fees,

Have you got a link to an article explaining that law?

I have heard it mentioned in papers but haven't actually read anything explaining it. As far as i am aware it is 28 and over players buying out the final year of their contracts.

Bentley has said he cares for the club and is thankful but needs to play champions league football, later this was skewed to say European football. If any of the top 4 come in then i would sell, if not then i think he would understand us saying no. I don't think his agent would be to happy though, he sees his payday.

Bentley cannot afford to have a bad season, he wants to cement his place for England and get that big move. Hughes and now Ince have told him that staying for another season is the best for his development, he should listen to the voices of experience.

If Bents stays for another season, he would be able to buy out the remaining 2 years of his contract for a minimal amount and we would lose a fortune in tranfer fees, sell him now and watch him sink like a stone like many other players and managers who thought the grass was greener

I think it was Robbie Savage who said that he had spoken to an ex Rovers player who told him that you dont know how lucky you are at Ewood until you have left.

Bentley is a good player (although not as good as he thinks he is) but I would rather have him out and regretting what he said outside that beer tent. With the brass we trouser for the transfer for this Billy Bigtime we might get a couple of talented but humble players who appreciate being at a good club.

Santa Cruz we can keep, if we keep Bentley we make ourselves look bad on several levels unless he comes out and semi-apologises/expresses a total change of heart:

1) We look like a team that will prevent younger players from moving onto bigger clubs, not really something you want when we next try and sign a youngster.

2) We make it look like we can't survive without/replace Bentley and so are only option is to force him to stay.

3) We risk upsetting other players within the team (would you want to play with someone who went on holiday and told the world that he wanted to leave?).

He might want to leave ... but who wants him? he can chuck his rattle out, etc, but if no-one's making an approach for him then he can't be sold, even his dense head must be able to understand that.

The fact that his agent is agitating to get him a move to SPURS really shows how desperate he is.

He has got a big mouth and a thick head, if he'd kept his gob shut and got on with it he'd have got his move in the end.

But no, he had to be "smart".

Todays MEN devotes half a page to Hughes search for a successor to Didi Hamann.

Amongst the five names listed, one is Aaron Mokoena, cost 2m.

That would be sweet :lol:

Can you tell us the name of the journo....he is obviously a buffoon.

Just read the article and it confirmed my suspicions.

It is the purest of pure speculation.

He might as well have Pele on the list as well.

Hughes did keep playing him, much to the dismay of the fans. Hughes must rate him (I do have my fingers crossed).

Archived