BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Gamst , for me would benefit if Bentley does leave & we replace him with a genuine right-winger. This will allow to make the more central drifting runs that Den refers to. At the moment he has to stay out wide as Bentley constanly drifts in field looking for the ball ; you cant have both wingers doing this as it becomes extremley easy to defend against.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we sell Bentley and have a serious interest in this Turk then maybe it would be worth trying MGP on the right. As a natural right-footer there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to do it and he did look good at times when he and Bentley would switch. Just one solution.

If we sell Bentley and have a serious interest in this Turk then maybe it would be worth trying MGP on the right. As a natural right-footer there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to do it and he did look good at times when he and Bentley would switch. Just one solution.

He trained his left foot because lefties are in demand. His right foot is okay, but I can't see him playing well on the right.

or we could save the money and actually give either Peter or Treacey a proper run in the team. With any luck Ince might be more willing to give youth a chance.

Nicko, are Villa interested in Fraizer Campbell? fits the Martin O'Neill bracket of (young/black/english).

I don't think so - where would he play him?

No point in the kid leaving Man U for the Villa bench - and no point in Villa paying £5 million for the privilege.

I doubt that one.

Niko, i think everyone can live with Bentley leaving but more worrying is RSC, If the Arsenal rumours are true then it sounds like he be off, whats your take on this??

It's the same as it was - Arsenal will want a replacement if Adebayor goes. The last time I heard it was Gomis at St.Etienne first and Roque as an option.

So it's a danger, but not a clear and present one.

Yet.

I don't think so - where would he play him?

No point in the kid leaving Man U for the Villa bench - and no point in Villa paying £5 million for the privilege.

I doubt that one.

I've read O'Neill wants him as a replacement for Luke Moore, but he hardly got a game at Villa anyway especially when Harewood went there.

Is it Newcastle that are making all the noise where Ameobi is concerned? he's been linked with all 3 promoted clubs... why would anyone want him? he scores one in every 10 games and couldn't even score for Stoke against the likes of Colchester and Leicester!

Have you heard what sort of cash it would cost to take RSC off us though?

Surely more than £10-£12m???

Nobody has asked, so you can't really say or even guess.

If Arsenal sold Adebayor for £20-odd million you would be tntitled to look for £14-15 million for Roque.

Anyway, that's all a bit hypothetical.

The general consensus amongst my arsenal mates, is that they dont think RSC is good enough to be at Arsenal

Hardly suprising is it?

Why would they want a player from little old Rovers?

The general consensus amongst my arsenal mates, is that they dont think RSC is good enough to be at Arsenal

To be honest I agree with them. Considering the players that all the other big four are looking at Cruz is not really in that bracket. Surely if Arsenal want to challenge they should be going for a big name like Villa or Benzema or someone. Plus Cruz is hardly a straight replacement for Adebayor who is a proper target man. Cruz is more of a second striker really.

THe reason we will keep Cruz is because, like McCarthy last year, he is extremely good but not (yet) crossed that percieved line to be a top target for the top four. Bentley looks like he might end up in the same situation.

Barry is another one. Very very good player, but then he is going to replace Alonso. I'm not really convinced Barry is any better than the Spaniard. That said I thought Lampard going to Chelsea smacked of lunacy as he seemed so average at the hammers and see how that turned out.....

And on top of all that. Cruz has been quoted many times as being happy here. I am confident he will be in blue or white next season.

Anyone else find it amusing that were a top 10 Premier League team, and we are struggling to find a buyer, with one of the most likely being a guys who's UK assets are worth £150 million, where as a bottom half of the Championship team are being linked to being taken over by a Billionaire, who "want's to invest 20 million in transfers this summer"...

The World has gone crazy! :rolleyes:

Archived