BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just had a look at djibril cisse at youtube, and apparently he is on his way to greece, or so the comments are saying.

"come to ARIS"

"Cisse welcome to Aris you will be the king of Aris and master of greek league."

"CISSE WILL COME TO ARIS"

is this the new Henk ten Cate?

just had a look at djibril cisse at youtube, and apparently he is on his way to greece, or so the comments are saying.

"come to ARIS"

"Cisse welcome to Aris you will be the king of Aris and master of greek league."

"CISSE WILL COME TO ARIS"

is this the new Henk ten Cate?

I don't think Aris Salonika could afford to pay his barber's bill.

Sorry, but why bother? It's not as if thee aren't loads of other unbuilt areas around Blackburn (from the bits I've seen)- or HUGE unsatisfied demand for housing in the area? I may be wrong, but can't you still buy houses for under £100k there? Why build lots more. Now Brockhall I could understand.................

It costs 30-40,000 to build a four bedroom detached house. Who would be stupid enough to spend more than a 100 grand when the whole property market is propped up by unsustainable debt?

Eh?

There is a new bidder for the club - a guy with his own money - a local fella - somebody who is major mates with Brad Friedel - he has been through the books, done his due dilligence and is willing to pay £40 million.

There is NO consortium, he is wealthy and everything he has touched in his business life has been a success.

He is in his mid-30s and has no agendas.

What exactly is it you want?

The bottom line with Nabeel Chowdery's move - along with the one by Chris Ronnie - is that everyone thinks that the Trustees want too much.

I would have said finding out who the 'mystery' bidder is and for the guy to come clean and be honest was pretty significant.

Perhaps I was wrong.

Since when is a Cheshire businessman local to Blackburn?

And you did'nt actually give any info about his age, finances etc in the article so why get shirty about it?

You say that he is willing to pay £40 million, but your article says he doesn't think the club is worth that and he is trying to get it for less, so which is it?

I wouldn't know a Trustee if I fell over one.

I heard there was something brewing a few weeks ago, got half-a-sniff on a posisble identity, but then got the name from a strange source last Thursday. The guy was happy to take my call on Friday morning...happy days.

The guy has made a lot of money out of smart deals, so perhaps he sees football as a good thing to go into.

The fact he is so close to Brad, who is a sound kind of bloke, suggests to me that he is interested for personal reasons.

It is also interesting the Brad was the first player to speak up for Paul Ince, before the appointment as manager.

Since when is a Cheshire businessman local to Blackburn?

And you did'nt actually give any info about his age, finances etc in the article so why get shirty about it?

You say that he is willing to pay £40 million, but your article says he doesn't think the club is worth that and he is trying to get it for less, so which is it?

30-35 miles...it's a lot closer than Jersey.

35, I think his personal fortune is mentioned in there.

He says he thinks the club is worth £40, the club want more.

Should I draw a picture next time?

Channel 4 reporting Hull have signed Vieri, can you confirm it's right Nicko?

As for Chowdery, it shouldn't be a problem that a bid would be "purely business" as most taking an interest in buying the club would be "purely business".

The fact he's willing to throw a massive amount of money in, shows he's not just about to asset-strip.

i dont want the risks a takeover brings with it just to push ONE place higher. after all we are not going to crack the big four anyway. let it rest for a while.

Correct.

We have heard it countless times from JW and our previous manager. Anyone who takes over the club must have significant amounts of money to invest in the team, in order to take us to 'the next level'.

JW even cited that they would need to have near enough Abramovich type wealth to have a chance of becoming our new owner(s). So that's the stance, so lets not waste our time thinking about the likes of Dan Williams, high flying estate agents etc etc. I remember an interview with Hughes when he suggested that a few people have wasted the club's time thinking they could take us over when they never really had a chance (wonder who he was referring to).

That is clearly the club's stance, unless they have had a recent strategy change. Whether it is correct or they are being realistic in finding this indivdual/group is another matter.

Fair enough Nicko I will own up I misread the bit about him thinking the club is worth 40mill.But where does the article give any info about the bloke?

Oh and Jack Walker was born in Jersey was he?

Nicko, as you are aware there are a lot of negative people on this board - who often cannot see a good thing when it is in front of their eyes. Brad Friedel has on many occasions said that Rovers is his club - he loves the club and wants to finish his career here. I do not believe that he would encourage a friend of his to get involved with Rovers if that friend was dodgy etc in the business side of things. As mentioned previously on here Brad spoke up for Paul Ince before his appointment as the new manager - now a friend of his is interested in buying Rovers. Have we ever questioned. Friedel's commitment to Rovers - yet I bet when he first signed for rovers there were negative comments about him.

I also suggest that people are wrong to say that there is no money to be made in Rovers. The current squad finished 7th last season - 3 away from the top 4. With a few additions Rovers could get into the top 4 and therefore qualify for the champions league - which is where the money is made. A few regular seasons in the champions league would put Rovers in profit - after all the current debt is about 15 - 17 million. Compared to the debts of other clubs and this is nothing. It is often quoted on here that selling Bentley and RSC would bring in about 25mill - so the sale of 2 players is the size of Rovers debt.

I would not be surprised in Friedal influenced JW to go for Ince as well as his friend to buy Rovers. It is also interesting that it has been reported that Rovers are interested in the clesea reserve keeper - I wonder also if this could be again Friedel's idea - he may be planning retirement from playing and would coach instead - or at least the possible new owners man at the club.

As you said interesting story - which both raises and answers questions.

Fair enough Nicko I will own up I misread the bit about him thinking the club is worth 40mill.But where does the article give any info about the bloke?

Oh and Jack Walker was born in Jersey was he?

I have only read the web version of the article, so if that is not the full info I apologise.I agree with you Pafell about Brad etc, and I am not trying to be negative.We were extremely lucky to have had Uncle Jack, and it is unrealistic to expect another local bloke with plenty of money to pop up from nowhere, I would remain wary of a guy who has already said that he's not a Rovers fan, as buying a football club seems to be a strange way of making money, but if he just wants a hobby, and he's got money to throw around then fair enough, rather have a property tycoon than someone like Shinawatra.

But he's still not local, and I'm sticking to that Nicko lol.

I have only read the web version of the article, so if that is not the full info I apologise.I agree with you Pafell about Brad etc, and I am not trying to be negative.We were extremely lucky to have had Uncle Jack, and it is unrealistic to expect another local bloke with plenty of money to pop up from nowhere, I would remain wary of a guy who has already said that he's not a Rovers fan, as buying a football club seems to be a strange way of making money, but if he just wants a hobby, and he's got money to throw around then fair enough, rather have a property tycoon than someone like Shinawatra.

But he's still not local, and I'm sticking to that Nicko lol.

Did anyone say it was a way of making money?

And as for 'local' have you got to be born in a certain range before you can want to buy Rovers?

Right now it's hard enough finding anyone never mind someone who fits that criteria. He/she/it DOESN''T exist

Nicko, as you are aware there are a lot of negative people on this board - who often cannot see a good thing when it is in front of their eyes. Brad Friedel has on many occasions said that Rovers is his club - he loves the club and wants to finish his career here. I do not believe that he would encourage a friend of his to get involved with Rovers if that friend was dodgy etc in the business side of things. As mentioned previously on here Brad spoke up for Paul Ince before his appointment as the new manager - now a friend of his is interested in buying Rovers. Have we ever questioned. Friedel's commitment to Rovers - yet I bet when he first signed for rovers there were negative comments about him.

I also suggest that people are wrong to say that there is no money to be made in Rovers. The current squad finished 7th last season - 3 away from the top 4. With a few additions Rovers could get into the top 4 and therefore qualify for the champions league - which is where the money is made. A few regular seasons in the champions league would put Rovers in profit - after all the current debt is about 15 - 17 million. Compared to the debts of other clubs and this is nothing. It is often quoted on here that selling Bentley and RSC would bring in about 25mill - so the sale of 2 players is the size of Rovers debt.

I would not be surprised in Friedal influenced JW to go for Ince as well as his friend to buy Rovers. It is also interesting that it has been reported that Rovers are interested in the clesea reserve keeper - I wonder also if this could be again Friedel's idea - he may be planning retirement from playing and would coach instead - or at least the possible new owners man at the club.

As you said interesting story - which both raises and answers questions.

I wouldn't credit Brad with THAT much influence. He won't have had an input in the new manager's arrival.

Apart from anything else he is in America on holiday and looking round his coaching schools.

Did anyone say it was a way of making money?

And as for 'local' have you got to be born in a certain range before you can want to buy Rovers?

Right now it's hard enough finding anyone never mind someone who fits that criteria. He/she/it DOESN''T exist

As a businessman, surely making money is what he's good at/interested in.Seems a strange move when football clubs have a habit of swallowing money, I know Rovers are well run but still, it's hard to see the motivation from a none Rovers fan.

£40? F**k it, I'm having it! And I'll have a fiver left to spend on players :D

As a businessman, surely making money is what he's good at/interested in.Seems a strange move when football clubs have a habit of swallowing money, I know Rovers are well run but still, it's hard to see the motivation from a none Rovers fan.

You can make your business run well and possibly make a profit on it, but maybe his motivation is just to 'have' a Premier League club.

I can think of worse things to want.

Better a businessman than a fan who wants to throw daft money about and lose it.

You can make your business run well and possibly make a profit on it, but maybe his motivation is just to 'have' a Premier League club.

I can think of worse things to want.

Better a businessman than a fan who wants to throw daft money about and lose it.

Remind me again, why cant we have a fan of 'football' (not just of Rovers) who wants to invest?

Aston Villa aren't doing too badly? :lol:

Hell?! Id guess that Derby County have more money to spend then us at the moment! :lol:

Archived