BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

If we are signing Cisse, it would be a brilliant bit of business. Hopefully a straight swap with him in and Roberts off to somewhere, then we would have a quality front line of Roque and the pace of Cisse! Add to that an attacking midfielder and a right back and we would be ready to challenge for 5th place! :) We can dream...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on a minute.

1. Andy Neild may well have the same sources as nicko for all we know. He just doesn't post his news on here. Why nicko does is a little beyond me as it surely reduces the chances of people buying the Mirror and the People? BUT I'm very glad he does regularly post! and I still buy the People and the Mirror (now and again) anyway.

or

2. He does come on here and "seek advice". But where is the crime in that? What would any of us do in his shoes? Anyone can access this web site after all. I'd go as far as to suggest that if he doesn't have nickos sources then he should get a right rollocking if he didn't come on here for his news.

As it is though we have no way of knowing do we?

So how on earth has the LET reported Rovers / football stories for the past 10-20-30-40-50-60 years then?

Nothing against the LET, but it's always struck me as slightly deferential and pliant in its dealings with news coming out of the club (remember how it towed the party line before Shearer left us for Newcastle?).

As a local newspaper, it's dependent on the club for information, as the local journos by definition are less likely to have wider contacts within the game..

Nicko's relatively independent and has other stories on the boil, so doesn't wait to be spoon fed by the club.

In any case the LET serves a different purpose (which is good) to Nicko. But I wouldn't like to go back to the days of waiting for news to either come from the club or from the LET.

Hang on a minute.

1. Andy Neild may well have the same sources as nicko for all we know. He just doesn't post his news on here. Why nicko does is a little beyond me as it surely reduces the chances of people buying the Mirror and the People? BUT I'm very glad he does regularly post! and I still buy the People and the Mirror (now and again) anyway.

or

2. He does come on here and "seek advice". But where is the crime in that? What would any of us do in his shoes? Anyone can access this web site after all. I'd go as far as to suggest that if he doesn't have nickos sources then he should get a right rollocking if he didn't come on here for his news.

As it is though we have no way of knowing do we?

I don't recall there ever being a time when the LET beat Nicko to releasing a story though?? even when he holds it back for several days waiting for a Sunday for example.

Just a thought...

1) dont kick nicko. hes doing an excellent job for us! if he feels LET is reading his post here, dont blame him. i would get a little cranky aswell. although everyone knows putting stories on here is for everyone to read, so its nothing to get ###### about anyway. :brfcsmilie:

2) LET may or may not have the same sources as nicko. and they may be a little behind, but most the time what they say is correct or close to it. they do their best ok? click on to newsnow.co.uk and bookmark blackburn rovers, and you'll have the most recent news in front of you at all times. then read nicko's posts on here for joy. its all rumours untill it hits rovers.co.uk anyway. get a grip

I will suggest it is obvious that somebody from the LET has been coming onto this site. I do not believe that they have a ' high ranking source at Rovers ' even though they claim to do so.

Andy Neild as the local reporter will have far more contacts within Rovers than Alan Nixon.

Why Alan Nixon chooses to post stories on here before they appear in the Mirror only he can say.

I wonder if Dean Morse knows ?

I don't recall there ever being a time when the LET beat Nicko to releasing a story though?? even when he holds it back for several days waiting for a Sunday for example.

But as leftfooter says, the LET serves a different purpose. In fact it's entirely different to the national tabloids.

It's a local paper with limited resources (and not much non-footy news) and it has to report on the Rovers correctly, honestly, accurately and without using agent-fuelled speculation as it's meat and drink.

Also, it's not as if the LET is running a rival online minute-by-minute update on Rovers news - never has and never will.

Hence my original post wondering why on earth Nicko repeatedly has a pop at the LET on these threads, when he knows better than anyone that the LET isn't even competition - AND that the LET has perfectly good sources of reliable info which they use.

Last point - the LET doesn't often print Rovers stories which turn out to be crap. There's a reason for that.

Last point - the LET doesn't often print Rovers stories which turn out to be crap. There's a reason for that.

Can't agree with that Tris. A lot of what the LT picks up nowadays is simply recycled internet news. Gone are the days of Peter White. TBH, I can't remember the last scoop that the LT had.

I was expecting some "Good News" in The People today, but all I can find is a piece about Man U after Schweinsteiger and this bit about Newc and Spurs.

"Newcastle will have to cough up at least £10m to capture Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon.

People Sport revealed in March that Lennon, 21, was Toon boss Kevin Keegan's top summer transfer target. And Newcastle's executive director Dennis Wise will table a bid for the England wideman.

But Spurs sources insist he is not on the list of players Ramos wants to off-load and has not been offered to Blackburn as bait for David Bentley and does not want to go to Ewood Park. "

I though it was said last week that Lennon was valued at £5 million ?

It's big, it will provoke a lot of comment, answer a few questions, pose a few more.

For the obvious reasons I must keep it under wraps until the morning.

I will add anything I can that is missed then, but I think the People are giving it the whole show...and there will be a lot to go at.

I am a bit surprised really. I was expecting a huge story - good news / takeover / transfers etc - the only thing that i could find was the Ince would want cash + bent for David Bentley.

Has the story been quashed/ As I do not believe the above was your ' big story'. <_<

Guest Kamy100

The other story in the people is Ince saying that he will never forgive Fergie for selling him to Inter 14 years ago but they are now best of friends.

nicko is this the big news your talking about?

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/tm_headline=...-name_page.html

that ince is willing to sell bentley for player plus cash deal with spurs but he wants darren bent instead of lennon?

Well I would have thought that a story Ince was interested in Bent + cash for DB was a pretty big one and certainly "interesting" from our point of view.

Although I must admit I was expecting some takeover goss/ revelations about the Trustees.

Archived