BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Seriously speaking though, not such a bad idea. Chowdery could appeal to the Asian quarter of Blackburn, and Ronnie could look after the half such as Blackburn Rovers merchandising in JJB...

:lol:

Of and the Asian quarter of Blackburn is nearer a half.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too rigth Fife.

And that after he serious;y chastised anyone who threatened to quit going on if Allardyce was appointed. Going to be a long Summer.

Maybe if you two chucked your £400 in every season I'd take more notice of the pair of you. :P

btw admin.... ever considered a ST holders only section? :rover:

Any news on Incey's transfer targets?

Thanks to a PM from a well-informed poster - which I have checked as best I can - there are probably a couple of Mark Hughes targets who are still being studied pretty closely. I will let him reveal the names if he wants...it's his story.

I know of a few right backs who have been put in too, but they will probably have to be watched rather than signed on DVDs.

Thanks to a PM from a well-informed poster - which I have checked as best I can - there are probably a couple of Mark Hughes targets who are still being studied pretty closely. I will let him reveal the names if he wants...it's his story.

I know of a few right backs who have been put in too, but they will probably have to be watched rather than signed on DVDs.

;)

I'm not so sure I like the sound of the property dodger. Houses on Ewood Park when the market takes off again ?

Sorry, but why bother? It's not as if thee aren't loads of other unbuilt areas around Blackburn (from the bits I've seen)- or HUGE unsatisfied demand for housing in the area? I may be wrong, but can't you still buy houses for under £100k there? Why build lots more. Now Brockhall I could understand.................

Yup, you break the stories about their record signing and they still don't love ya.

Such a shame.

I was informed by a pal of mine that Rovers are looking at a few players but just passed them by nicko to check

if he'd heard anything!i know what some people are like and start saying your making it up!there are a few that have been mentioned before and a couple of new ones!

Michael Bradley-his price has gone down considerably

Djibril Cisse- Been put forward by the scouts to Ince

Angelos Charisteas- Possible Target if sant cruz goes i would think!

think there was another!can you recall nicko?

Cant help but feel totally underwhelmed at the moment with all aspects of the club

Too true matey. Rovers have signed a management team from a club that was in the fourth division last season.

And we all know what happens when you sign Championship quality players ..... so Spotland here we come !

Blackburn have signed a young upcoming striker from Cork, Ireland. His name is Jordan Phillpott. He has a lot of pace and power, his football skills will not be that good.

He is decent though, has played with Ireland youths.

Still cannot understand what there is to be excited about. We have a 'new bidder' who is wanting to buy the club for purely business reasons. I would like to know his masterplan on how he intends to make money back on his 'investment'.

He does not appear, 'on the face of it' to have the finances to significantly invest in the club.

So this is the huge, potentially historic news for the club..... lets get the champagne out.

Fair play to him for having a go, but a bit like the infamous Dan Williams, to many questions over what his motives are.

nicko, how and why is he such good friends with brad? is brad in property?

I don't know the background, but I understand they are close socially - and possibly live near each other.

If this went through I think Brad would be significantly involved as his 'man' at the club...and that is more than a hunch. ;)

is ronnie a fan though? no.

can we as a club afford to turn away prospective interest based on the fact that those interested don't support rovers? no chance, as finding someone who does is a million to one.

the 150million is quite worrying, but at least its interest. better to have this than no possible takeover at all

can we as a club afford to turn away prospective interest based on the fact that those interested don't support rovers? no chance, as finding someone who does is a million to one.

the 150million is quite worrying, but at least its interest. better to have this than no possible takeover at all

All of these 'estimated worth' figures are just that...estimates.

I can't imagine the guy would want to buy the club without thinking it through.

And he is the 532nd richest man in the country. I would point out that none of the other 531 don't seem to have been interested in Rovers...

All of these 'estimated worth' figures are just that...estimates.

I can't imagine the guy would want to buy the club without thinking it through.

And he is the 532nd richest man in the country. I would point out that none of the other 531 don't seem to have been interested in Rovers...

Probablt because those that are interested in football support another club. Those that are interested mudt realise that they will not make much profit from Rovers...

after seeing what problems the big guns + man city (possibly) and leeds have had since their take-over i dont really hope for anything anyway. at the moment we are doing just fine. top half of the table, safely run and a decent kitty to spend on players this year. if ince has the nose like sparky we are in good hands. i'd rather be safe and upper mid-table than a bit "richer" and pushing for 5th. i dont want the risks a takeover brings with it just to push ONE place higher. after all we are not going to crack the big four anyway. let it rest for a while. give it ten years and im sure the premiership looks totally different.

OK, as requested by Den I will give a bit more info on the Cisse link, I wasn't able to last night as I was at work.

We're being linked with him in several papers and websites here and it's the talk of a lot of messageboards, in this case I don't think it's just lazy journalists digging up an old story, but who knows.

Added to that, I there's a regular in my bar who is heavily involved in sports in the South of France and is fairly "in" when it comes to French football; the first thing he said to me last night was "are you ready to buy your Blackburn shirt with Cisse on the back?".

Maybe we should make a forbes top 100 rovers supporters rich list .:-)

Archived