BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Nicko - Any chance Chowdery & Ronnie could work together as one bid? This would surely appeal much more - one having a business midas touch along with good Asian contacts, with the other having an indepth knowledge of sports marketing and merchandising.

Maybe Nicko could make the introductions, and get the scoops off them in the future for helping out.

Seriously speaking though, not such a bad idea. Chowdery could appeal to the Asian quarter of Blackburn, and Ronnie could look after the half such as Blackburn Rovers merchandising in JJB...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not having a go at you specifically but a lot of people's estimations of Bentley's value seem vastly inflated.

Spurs would probably value Lennon at 7 or 8m if it was part of a swap deal, hence reports of an offer of Lennon + 8m, and they would probably want most of the 16m back they paid for Bent.

Hypothetically, they would probably say that if we took Bent and Lennon they would want Bentley and at least 5m on top.

was just referring to the article in the people rev. the 15million that is reported would do for me!

If the news about Beamish is true it will be sad. Whilst I cannot accurately comment about how he did at his job, he has been very welcoming to me in the past and is a decent man.

Last time I saw him, he seemed fed up with some of the chores he had to do.

I might be being a taj unfair but Beamo always struck me as a fine example of promotion to incompetence.

Why don't you give it a rest Theno? I am sure I am not the only one on this board that is getting heartily sick and tired of your never ending carping on this subject. Not very long ago you were going to send your season ticket back and play golf instead on Saturday afternoons. Why don't you just stick to plan 1?

Too rigth Fife.

And that after he serious;y chastised anyone who threatened to quit going on if Allardyce was appointed. Going to be a long Summer.

Can't agree with that Tris. A lot of what the LT picks up nowadays is simply recycled internet news. Gone are the days of Peter White. TBH, I can't remember the last scoop that the LT had.

Peter White legend that he was could not have coped easily wit'internet.

Nicko does this mean to the best of your knowledge the Trustees have dropped the requirement that seemed to apply when Dan Williams was interested that a new team invest a certain amount into the playing side?

Not really good news if so?

I think you still have to prove you have enough money to take the club forward...

But remember that every year that passes COSTS the Trustees as they would rather get the money out and invest it rather than leave it in the club.

Eh?

There is a new bidder for the club - a guy with his own money - a local fella - somebody who is major mates with Brad Friedel - he has been through the books, done his due dilligence and is willing to pay £40 million.

There is NO consortium, he is wealthy and everything he has touched in his business life has been a success.

He is in his mid-30s and has no agendas.

What exactly is it you want?

The bottom line with Nabeel Chowdery's move - along with the one by Chris Ronnie - is that everyone thinks that the Trustees want too much.

I would have said finding out who the 'mystery' bidder is and for the guy to come clean and be honest was pretty significant.

Perhaps I was wrong.

As I suggested recently the secreting away money from the sales of players and the recent sale of the management team and replacement with the cheapest option will see BRFC's value plummet to meet the valuations of recent businessmen. Remember.. if the mountain will not go to Mohammed then Mohammed must go to the mountain.

Alternatively how about a longer term plan? Sell the club for 50m....... buy it back in a few years for 5 mill? Jack would have loved that one.

Is that how you got on to the scoop? The Trustees won't mind a rival bidder being outed ;)

While this guy may be a shrewd self financing buisness man, are his plans for Rovers long term? Will his focus be on footballing success.

The same question obviously applies to Chris Ronnie & Co.

I wouldn't know a Trustee if I fell over one.

I heard there was something brewing a few weeks ago, got half-a-sniff on a posisble identity, but then got the name from a strange source last Thursday. The guy was happy to take my call on Friday morning...happy days.

The guy has made a lot of money out of smart deals, so perhaps he sees football as a good thing to go into.

The fact he is so close to Brad, who is a sound kind of bloke, suggests to me that he is interested for personal reasons.

Nicko - Any chance Chowdery & Ronnie could work together as one bid? This would surely appeal much more - one having a business midas touch along with good Asian contacts, with the other having an indepth knowledge of sports marketing and merchandising.

Fabulous thought, but I can't see it.

Maybe Nicko could make the introductions, and get the scoops off them in the future for helping out.

Seriously speaking though, not such a bad idea. Chowdery could appeal to the Asian quarter of Blackburn, and Ronnie could look after the half such as Blackburn Rovers merchandising in JJB...

Is Choudary a muslim name of a hindu one? If it's the latter it might easily have the reverse effect.

I wouldn't know a Trustee if I fell over one.

I heard there was something brewing a few weeks ago, got half-a-sniff on an posisble identity, but then got the name from a strange source last Thursday. The guy was happy to take my call on Friday morning...happy days.

The guy has made a lot of money out of smart deals, so perhaps he sees football as a good thing to go into.

The fact he is so close to Brad, who is a sound kind of bloke, suggests to me that he is interested for personal reasons.

and I assume, happy for you to disclose his name?

It gets better, first a fourth division coaching team, now an owner who's money is in property, as property tanks and sees the football club as a pure business opportunity. If his property empire is crumbling, is there a better business to asset strip than BRFC?

I can think of one wiggy ;)

I'm not so sure I like the sound of the property dodger. Houses on Ewood Park when the market takes off again ?

I think it's worth checking his family story - sounds like a driven guy.

There's no reason to think property developper = rogue.

Somebody who improves the quality of communities should be respected rather than feared.

and I assume, happy for you to disclose his name?

I knew his name - just had to check the spelling.

When he confirmed the story and was helpful with the quotes it was always going to appear in the paper.

Not having a go at you specifically but a lot of people's estimations of Bentley's value seem vastly inflated.

Only time will tell Simon. All I do is compare Bentley to Hargreaves, Carrick and the valuation of Barry..... and they are all water carriers.

Archived