BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

My main disappointment in this whole sorry affair is that more than one club aren't interested in buying him .

That in a nutshell is why it would be wisest not to sell. If he gets a few more good England performances under his belt belt buyers will appear. Having only one club interested is prob why Villa are playing hardball with Lpool over Barry.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at the moment i hae no desire for a takeover. we have around 10 million to buy for this year. that should be enough if ince has the right nose. there is no guarantee you will have a better player if you pay 20 mill for him. you are just more likely to lock your mind on one player rather than looking for the perfect man.

we dont need that much improvement in order to fight among the top 6. then next year who knows where we stand? take it a year at a time. last year i wanted a takeover. now i dont.

True, key is for me to keep our best players (which may prove very difficult or impossible), then see if we can bring in 2-3 quality additions. We won't have the demands of UEFA cup football this year, therefore in a way, the squad does not need to be that strong in depth.

The key as Hughes proved is stability. It may appear to some that decent cash for Bentley/Cruz could be used to improve the squad, but in reality it never works that way. Hence why so many managers bleat on about the importance of keeping your best players.

Maybe an accountant might make sense of it Nicko. I'm just like you ... I know sod all about accountancy. :closedeyes:

There are a few ways of valuing companies/ventures usually involving looking at the future cashflows and assets, discounted to current valuations by determining the cost of funding, risk profile and margin they are looking for.

Its probably more difficult with football clubs because of the fluctuating income levels (depending on position in the league / cups) and also the valuation of the players which are not guaranteed.

-The best case scenario valuation might have us finishing 5th and making it to a cup final and selling Bentley for £15m

-The worst case might have us going down and some players going cheaply.

Somewhere in the middle will be the valuation but as we have seen there is likely to be a bit gap between the buyers and the trustees.

Bentley is looking a bit of a nob no because he came out and said he wants a move to (basically) a top 4 club!

But now hes going to have to go to a team like city spurs or villa to save face!similar to Hughes!wanted chelsea job had to take citys!

face the fact Den, we are (Blackburn Rovers we can not keep hold of our best players, we are not a bigger enough club to turn down big money bids for our star players)

If Roque wants to leave, then yes i would sell him, i don't see the point of keeping a player who is not happy at the club

Actually we are big enough to turn down big money bids for our star players, if we so choose.

Whether in footballing terms it is worth turning down said big money and keep a player who may not be fully committed is a different matter entirely.

Nicko - any news on barton. I know most people wont agree but i think he would be a quality signing

Quite apart from the fact that he should already be facing a couple more years in jail, or that he is possibly the most over-rated midfielder in the country, or that he is to team spirit what Gordon Brown is to by-elections; he is on a suspended sentence for 2 years - which means that the next time the fuse goes (and let's be honest, they aren't isolated incidents) he'll be back inside and not playing. Not really a smart move by any yardstick

I think the 2 year suspended will make him change. he has to. He could be a bargain buy

He doesn't have to change at all, he had to change after he stubbed a cigar in a trainee's eye, he had to change after he attacked a kid who was winding him up and then his own captain, he surely had to change after attacking a team mate in training. He didn't after all those so why does he now? He's an animal who has a very short fuse and a very small brain. The only thing more stupid than him is the idea that we should buy him.

Well the fact that he is an okay premiership footballer means that some idiot who runs an average team may buy him. Apparently, step forward a Mr G Megson who seemingly fills the criteria.

Seriously though, if the game is so desperate and money driven now that it still needs an average talent like Barton who should be in jail for several years (show me one other "normal" person already in jail for GBH who gets a suspended sentence for a repeat offence), then it's about time to reconsider the amount of money WE fans are pumping into it. I know that there were a lot of debates on here about people walking away if BFS was appointed or even Ince, but frankly I'd have to seriously consider walking away if we bought that thug. Fan or not, I don't know if I could live with myself putting money into his pocket.

Well the fact that he is an okay premiership footballer means that some idiot who runs an average team may buy him. Apparently, step forward a Mr G Megson who seemingly fills the criteria.

Seriously though, if the game is so desperate and money driven now that it still needs an average talent like Barton who should be in jail for several years (show me one other "normal" person already in jail for GBH who gets a suspended sentence for a repeat offence), then it's about time to reconsider the amount of money WE fans are pumping into it. I know that there were a lot of debates on here about people walking away if BFS was appointed or even Ince, but frankly I'd have to seriously consider walking away if we bought that thug. Fan or not, I don't know if I could live with myself putting money into his pocket.

Seconded.

If he were already at the club it might be a different matter. I'm very liberal when it comes to crime and punishment but I can't think anyone would extend the privilege of playing premiership football for a big bag of cash to him under the circumstances.

I think the 2 year suspended will make him change. he has to. He could be a bargain buy

i think [read: really hope] we should [read: will be] looking a little broader in the field than Barton [read: convicted moron]

Barton will not change. He has a temper he cannot control and he is a coward. He seems to have a habit of lashing out at people while they're in prone positions. While Joey was at City, Pedro Mendes dispossessed him of the ball and Barton run right up behind him and stamped down on the back of his heel. He should have gotten a red and maybe more but, only received a yellow card. He is a coward and will continue with his attacks until something is really done about him or somebody gets badly injured. He is a thug. It is somewhat of a shame because, he does show good play from time to time. He'll never amount to anything positive on the field.

Well bolton like the look of him, so he obviously has something going for him

Well by that reckoning Newcastle paid £5 million for him so he must have something going for him. Do you think they are regretting splashing out on him now? Even if you are willing to separate your personal views from your footballing ones and ignore his crimes, it still makes no sense because he is bound to reoffend and you will be left with a player under contract in prison.

Well bolton like the look of him, so he obviously has something going for him

Says it all really - after a lot of hype on how tough he was from the Citeh fans and how the Rovers midfield wouldn't push him around his non shows at Ewood had a typical cowards approach. Never wanted to mix it with us and looks a rubbish a player as I've seen. Leave him beating non combatants up in the street - and hope one might just be too much for this low life and he get a taste of his own medicine.

He is rubbish and this must be a wind up Hughsey.

Says it all really - after a lot of hype on how tough he was from the Citeh fans and how the Rovers midfield wouldn't push him around his non shows at Ewood had a typical cowards approach. Never wanted to mix it with us and looks a rubbish a player as I've seen. Leave him beating non combatants up in the street - and hope one might just be too much for this low life and he get a taste of his own medicine.

He is rubbish and this must be a wind up Hughsey.

Not true. We shouldn't sign him now because of his criminal record and the risk that he brings, but he's a pretty good player. Not the best player around, but he will do a good job for most premiership sides.

just remember - this is the blackburn way,

we very rarely get any speculation until the deals are done.

JW likes to do things very quietly.

don't read it as a sign that nothing is happening.

Archived