BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you think is a fair price for him?

In todays market, i think that is very reasonable, considering what they sold Gray and Lafferty for, though I suppose wages would be quite high.

There are no other bidders...Strachan won't pick him...

A lot less than Celtic want - or will get.

In that case, somebody give Ince a call and get him to bring in Superman, the Hulk and Batman! Superman can play donw the laft, batman down the right and the hulk in defence. :rover:

Hulk actually plays for Kawasaki Frontale.

No, I'm not joking.

Although he is a forward/striker.

Bert is wasted a right back....he has a lot going for him going forward and I'd like to see him on the right next season....in place of bentley.....we need.

Left winger....MGP is ok, but there is no back up....Peter is just not upto it....he can't even shine in reserves.

Central Mid .....Vogel looked ok late on last season, but we need some playmaker who can unlock the door....

Centre Half ....when nelsen or samba are off.....we're snookered...

That is simply not true. Ooijer and Kishi are perfectly adequate at centre back and it is only when Nelsen or Samba are at their top form that they can be said to be definitely better than these other two.

I might be wrong, but didn't Chelsea get sold for a nominal price. If the trust are serious about Rovers long term future, surely they could sell for a nominal price to someone with serious wealth who can prove long term investment, with future sell on cluases(where have we heard that one before :) )

Chelsea were in deep sh1t. They were in 100m in debt and in line for doing a 'Leeds'..... even before Leeds did a 'Leeds'. :blink:

Emo struggles defensively, he's fine going forward, but he gets carried away and we get caught out.

Fine going forward?..... Emo?..... Brett Emerton? Good grief! emo can't get a cross past the first man, he cannot shoot and even when he is clear on goal he turns around. He's much better in defense.

Whoever mentioned Curtis Davies signing permanently for Villa..he has done.

Barry is a matter of time now. He's been fined and he is banned from returning for pre-season training. His time at Villa is effectively over as far as I can see it's just about agreeing this fee.

Madness, what a way to end ten years...he cut the ribbon on that training ground, now security won't let him through the gates. His fault.

Why did they ban him from training if they want him to stay?

I don't think we want him to stay anymore. O'Neill was raging about that press conference so I think that's sealed the deal and he'll be leaving as soon as us and Pool agree a fee.

I couldn't care less anymore anyway it's gone on too long to be interesting...esp when we all knew it'd end this way.

He's been fined and he is banned from returning for pre-season training.

Why has he been fined? The ban is ludicrous, like us banning Bentley simply for stating his desire to leave for a top 4 team. He is still your player, Liverpool may meet your price and then your left with a half fit player.

IMO Curtis Davies is a waste of money. Bad injury to an already overrated player, nowhere near as good as Melberg and won't be.

Why has he been fined? The ban is ludicrous, like us banning Bentley simply for stating his desire to leave for a top 4 team. He is still your player, Liverpool may meet your price and then your left with a half fit player.

IMO Curtis Davies is a waste of money. Bad injury to an already overrated player, nowhere near as good as Melberg and won't be.

He's been fined for slagging off the manager publically, not for saying he wants to leave.

Liverpool will get him.

Mellberg won't be missed, he played right back all season anyway, was probably the best time for him to go.

But anyway...this is about Blackburn I'm ruining the thread :P

Feel free to fume about this...the FA's verdict on the Newcastle United handbags job.

At a Regulatory Commission hearing today, Blackburn Rovers were fined for failing to control their players during a match against Newcastle United in March.

Blackburn were warned as to their future conduct and fined £10,000, of which £7,500 was suspended until 31 May 2009.

The Commission found the club guilty of failing to ensure that their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

He's been fined for slagging off the manager publically, not for saying he wants to leave.

He didn't really slag him off did he? Just said that he had made no effort to even talk to him and MoN confirmed that. You may as well have fined him all summer until he goes, keep your pennies.

Blackburn were warned as to their future conduct and fined £10,000, of which £7,500 was suspended until 31 May 2009.

The Commission found the club guilty of failing to ensure that their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

I'm not even going to start. The FA are muppets.

The fine should be passed onto Man City as they have Hughes.

Liverpool will get him.

Mellberg won't be missed, he played right back all season anyway, was probably the best time for him to go.

You really need another club bidding to get the best deal. And if that happens then we will no doubt get more for Bentley should he go.

BTW Tom

Am I the only one that thinks your manager is a touch unstable? He seems to be a good manager and gets linked with all the top jobs but he seems more than a shade 'odd' to me. I certainly wouldn't have him sa a studio pundit thats for sure. Never mind ranting and raging cos it shows weakness. Far better to stick to a 'don't get mad.... get even' mantra imo.

Feel free to fume about this...the FA's verdict on the Newcastle United handbags job.

At a Regulatory Commission hearing today, Blackburn Rovers were fined for failing to control their players during a match against Newcastle United in March.

I've never seen this incident on video so I prob cannot comment, )anybody ank links) but from the impression that I have it seems like a nothing incident and at worst 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Liverpool will get him.

Really? I thought it was about Hull....

I've never seen this incident on video so I prob cannot comment, )anybody ank links) but from the impression that I have it seems like a nothing incident and at worst 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

4 minutes in

Oh, and the best bit is 5mns 30 ;)

BTW Tom

Am I the only one that thinks your manager is a touch unstable? He seems to be a good manager and gets linked with all the top jobs but he seems more than a shade 'odd' to me. I certainly wouldn't have him sa a studio pundit thats for sure. Never mind ranting and raging cos it shows weakness. Far better to stick to a 'don't get mad.... get even' mantra imo.

I thought it was just me. Something about him that worries me; definitely a bit odd. Suppose some fans might say mark of genius but not to me, I've never taken to the guy.

The incident at Newcastle was started by one of their players - our lot were merely trying to protect Morten. Poor lad was attacked three times last season, at Bolton when jaaskelainen punched him (unpunished and 'not seen' by the ref or assistants); when Arteta grabbed him by the throat and when Beye(?) attacked him at Newcastle.

Archived