BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The link has broken now but it said we were after Ooijer's dutch team mate, defender Matijansen(hee hee) or however it was spelt.

EDIT:

Dutch Master Defender Mathijsen Chased by Newcastle, Sunderland, Fulham, Bolton & Blackburn

Joris Mathijsen: Dutch Defender Interesting Keegan & Keane!Holland’s displays at Euro 2008 highlighted their superb attacking qualities after demolishing much fancied France, Italy and Romania. However, defensively the Dutch also proved themselves to be a lot stronger than critics imagined before the tournament began. One of their key figures at the back was Hamburg centre-half Joris Mathijsen.

The 28-year-old defender has been playing in the Bundesliga for the past 2 seasons and helped the club to 7th and 4th placed finishes. Mathijsen has now played 35 times for his country and scored 2 goals. He played in 3 of Holland’s 4 Euro 2008 matches as he was rested for the last group match against Romania. The 6 foot defender has made 63 League appearances in the Bundesliga for club side Hamburg whilst scoring just once.

Premier 10Hamburg are the 3rd club of his career after previously playing for both Willem II and AZ Alkmaar. It remains to be seen how keen new club manager Martin Jol would be to sell his compatriot but there will be interest if he can continue the form he showed at the Euro 2008 tournament. There is a number of Premier League clubs in need of top class central defenders but it would seem Newcastle, Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham and Blackburn are reportedly leading the chase. This could be the 2nd direct battle for a centre-half between the North-East rivals this summer with Manchester United’s Jonny Evans signature also in demand.

I heard a rumour yesterday that Liverpool were letting Steve Finnan go. If this is true, I think he'd be a quality signing for us, if the money was right.

Nicko, have you heard anything about this??

Big fee, big wages, wrong age.

Avoid.

A football club can easily spend what they don't have if they are sure they're going to do something. Leeds esque.

Think it's mad for a mid table club like City to be shelling out 18m on anyone personally but what do I know.

Citeh about to announce the signing of Jo for a deal worth £18m

Oh to be a club with no money eh Nicko ;)

Yeah, but they have to pay over 4 years. If they had to pay it up-front they would never have signed him.

If Shinawatra can't get his hands on his blood money, I wouldn't expect too many more big signings.

Citeh about to announce the signing of Jo for a deal worth £18m

Oh to be a club with no money eh Nicko ;)

Staged payments - living beyond their means.

Always nice to see a big story coming off, mind.

Nicko, here is a possible story for you if you can use your contacts to find out who it is...

From the Hull Daily Mail;

"Brown is also set to hold talks with an unidentified striker in Holland tomorrow, meaning another new addition could also be set to arrive."

From a story saying Geovanni could be signing for Hull from Man City on a free, within the next 24 hours.

In that case, somebody give Ince a call and get him to bring in Superman, the Hulk and Batman! Superman can play donw the laft, batman down the right and the hulk in defence. :rover:

sure you want both the Hulk and King Kong at the back? :rolleyes:

Whats the deal with Newcastle Nicko?

Have they got money to spend this summer? Also same goes for Villa?? Already short of Mellberg & Carson. Could be losing Barry and havent yet signed Curtis Davies permanently.

Nicko, here is a possible story for you if you can use your contacts to find out who it is...

From the Hull Daily Mail;

"Brown is also set to hold talks with an unidentified striker in Holland tomorrow, meaning another new addition could also be set to arrive."

From a story saying Geovanni could be signing for Hull from Man City on a free, within the next 24 hours.

Geovanni story was in the Mirror this morning... ;)

He has been asked over but has not said 'yes' yet.

I know they met someone in Holland yesterday, but no idea who - yet.

Whats the deal with Newcastle Nicko?

Have they got money to spend this summer? Also same goes for Villa?? Already short of Mellberg & Carson. Could be losing Barry and havent yet signed Curtis Davies permanently.

Money is a bit tight at Newcastle - Ashley wants rid of some of the big earners.

Villa just taking their time. I think they will get Milner, Sidwell and a couple of others although they won't move until they have sold Barry.

The trouble with the transfer market is that there are so many deals involving Liverpool who are the slowest people when it comes to sorting out deals.

Geovanni story was in the Mirror this morning... ;)

He has been asked over but has not said 'yes' yet.

I know they met someone in Holland yesterday, but no idea who - yet.

I noticed that, but the HDM have "updated" it by adding it could happen in the next 24 hours to be Hull City's 1st signing of the summer. Phil Brown has said Bernard Mendy will make a decision weather to move to Hull or not, today as well.

He said on local radio a few days ago that he's meeting with 3 players in 2 days... my dad said he flew somewhere last night, meeting a player at 5 o'clock... was that the guy from Holland?

please keep me updated, although it'll probably end up not being that much of a big signing...

Did you look into the "Brazilian" or should that be the "original" Ronaldo talks?

I noticed that, but the HDM have "updated" it by adding it could happen in the next 24 hours to be Hull City's 1st signing of the summer. Phil Brown has said Bernard Mendy will make a decision weather to move to Hull or not, today as well.

He said on local radio a few days ago that he's meeting with 3 players in 2 days... my dad said he flew somewhere last night, meeting a player at 5 o'clock... was that the guy from Holland?

please keep me updated, although it'll probably end up not being that much of a big signing...

Did you look into the "Brazilian" or should that be the "original" Ronaldo talks?

The Brazilian is Geovanni.

He won't be here in 24 hours, that's a follow-up not an update.

In fact he is taking some persuading about coming at all.

It's going to be a tough few weeks for old Brownie.

Archived