BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it true that Newcastle are about to sign Reyes? lots of rumours doing the rounds someone will be announced soon.

Would be surprised considering he didn't like the weather in London :rolleyes:

EDIT: It's Jonas Gutierrez from Real Mallorca they've got

Attacking midfield

Striker

left wing

No need for a new striker IMO. We have to focus on Benni and Santa Cruz's partnership.

A new striker would also put Derbs back in line, and I really hope he will be given more opportunities. He scores everytime he's on!

No need for a new striker IMO. We have to focus on Benni and Santa Cruz's partnership.

A new striker would also put Derbs back in line, and I really hope he will be given more opportunities. He scores everytime he's on!

In my opinion Benni no longer has any ambition and is playing purely for his pension fund. Look at his body language. He doesn't care any more. He is not the answer. Derbs and Roberts are only effective as late subs. We do need a decent new striker to partner Santa Cruz who must not be sold under any circumstances.

He is a decent enough player it is true but he is really nothing special.

If we were even to consider taking him with all his baggage then he would have to be VERY special.

Absolutely FLB. There are plenty of average-to-good midfielders available without Barton's love of beating up younger teammates.

Bellamy was talented enough for us to give him a chance despite his being a complete scumbag. Barton is not.

Bert is wasted a right back....he has a lot going for him going forward and I'd like to see him on the right next season....in place of bentley.....we need.

Left winger....MGP is ok, but there is no back up....Peter is just not upto it....he can't even shine in reserves.

Central Mid .....Vogel looked ok late on last season, but we need some playmaker who can unlock the door....

Centre Half ....when nelsen or samba are off.....we're snookered...

In J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional universe of Middle-earth, the Stoors are one of the three races of Hobbits.

Cant wait to have a hobbit playing for us!! :lol:

Johnny Price was the First Hobbit to play for us, though I think a Hobbit might actually have been a little taller.

Personally thought our bert was looking pretty good in the CM position in the few outings he got there towards the end of last season.

Gotta agree with this - if we are looking for a new right back, it may be to allow Bert to play centre midfield. He added the main thing we lack - which is pace - as well as some height. I still haven't given up on Reid - imagine a centre midfield partnership of Reid and Bert - no fancy passing - but the energy levels would be amazing <_<

Lets not forget were still looking for 2 replacement utility players. Sparky released Berner and Henchoz, our squad is looking a bit thin.

This is where we need one of Dillo's player position charts.

Gallagher has come back, not that i am saying he will be used. Maybe Ince will give some youth players a chance, something Hughes seemed very reluctant to do.

Lets not forget were still looking for 2 replacement utility players. Sparky released Berner and Henchoz, our squad is looking a bit thin.

Olsson has taken Berner's spot. It is arguable Henchoz is no great loss as we currently have 4 very good centre halves. Right back is the priority in defence.

Archived