BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

You must realise , Theno , that contracts in the prem are useful only for securing a decent transfer fee . The longer the contract the higher the fee .

At the end of next season Rovers will be desperate to sell Bentley - if they aren't already .

My main disappointment in this whole sorry affair is that more than one club aren't interested in buying him .

It's getting more like the McCarthy situation every day ......big headed , big mouthed player wants away but nobody is actually willing to stump up the money . Now how much is McCarthy worth today ? OK , his age is far greater than Bentley's but in hindsight it would have been good business to get a few million for him .

All in all , when you consider the circumstances of a player who just doesn't want to stay - and who the fans now dislike (to say the least) - and whose worth may well depreciate because of these factors and the contract time factor ; I think it wise to sell .

That is if there's a team out there who want him .........

I suspect that the wages at Rovers will put more than a few clubs off especially when the transfer fee is included.

Small town club ripe for the picking of players and then ......HOLY COW - HOW MUCH! when the wages are factored in and then they don't seem such good value for what are essentially going to be squad players. And then you get to negotiate with JW...... :lol:

Then it's back to trying to reduce the fee or a loss of interest. Suddenly another big mouth is sat on the bench wondering why he listened to his agent!

All smacks of good business planning to me.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not true. We shouldn't sign him now because of his criminal record and the risk that he brings, but he's a pretty good player. Not the best player around, but he will do a good job for most premiership sides.

Which bits not true?

He's not a coward? - see the You Tube video.

If he's better than our first choice midfield squad I'll eat my hat. When has he ran a game from midfield? and he goes missing completely when the going gets tough - he's never turned up at Ewood. I've never seen him have a good game and don't think he's got it in him.

The criminal record is just another excellent reason for not signing him. Even without this he's a no shower.

Which games have you been watching Eddie???

He could easily, EASILY, get in our team when playing well. He is a good player, but his past makes him far too much of a risk, and for that reason I'd steer clear.

Anyone suggesting he is a bad player though is, quite simply, talking sh*te.

He could easily, EASILY, get in our team when playing well. He is a good player, but his past makes him far too much of a risk, and for that reason I'd steer clear.

City mates I know reckon he's NOT that good. Pretty ordinary really.

I wouldn't say he is a bad player. He has the ability to change games, my main issue is they will probably be prison xi games, rather than premiership games.

Hi all,

I have to agree with the above re: Barton yes he is a good premiership player and has undoubted talent which someone needs to tap into. But his criminal past makes him a huge risk people should look at the skysports.com website to see how badly he attacked a fellow teammate. The video of him kicking a teenager when he was down was nothing short of disgraceful. He would not be a good idea and just think if he causes problems here we have Samba & "The Axe" between the pair of them he would be made mince meat!. He would also cause unrest in the dressing room which is already good & there are much better options out there.

Laters all.

STOOR - Interesting one, probably on the list of potential right backs. His club Rosenborg are playing tonight, so if he plays and Rovers or Bolton turn up then it could be serious.

BARTON - Going back to Newcastle, but they want to cut their wage bill so they would loan him out. However they might realise he is as well staying there...

NELSEN - Cannot believe he is going to the Olympics. Makes the start of the season that bit harder.

He is a decent enough player it is true but he is really nothing special.

If we were even to consider taking him with all his baggage then he would have to be VERY special.

I would not touch joey barton with a barge pole, just one of the reasons why i am glad we didnt get Big Sam as manager. We already have one spoilt brat in Bentley in the team, we don't need another. Look at the youth player he stubbed with a cigar, beating up Dabo andbeating up a teenager too!! .Also didnt his brother get into trouble with the law as well.

Really guys, we could do so much better than this hooligan!

p.s. check out the girls throwing their big macs at this poor kid!!

Everton boss David Moyes may swoop for Real Zaragoza's £7m-rated Argentine star Pablo Aimar - once his summer spending budget is finally confirmed. (The Sun)

Theres one we should have an interest in. He would be a quality signing!!

Nelsen is only going for the first two games. He'll be back in time for the start of the season. Shame really, I think we should have let him go for as long as they remain in the tournament. but it's a good compromise. On the plus side his pre-season will involve two properly competitive games - that could well be a good thing.

Nicko - any news on this Bentley rumour? Apparently he has had a medical at Spurs. Seems odd if you ask me that we would accept a fee and NOT release it to the media. If this is true and we want the best price then we should break with our normal tradition and shout it from the rooftops - try and drum up more interest and increase the fee. Unless it's a swap deal that Ince wants??? Lennon maybe?

Nicko - any news on this Bentley rumour? Apparently he has had a medical at Spurs. Seems odd if you ask me that we would accept a fee and NOT release it to the media. If this is true and we want the best price then we should break with our normal tradition and shout it from the rooftops - try and drum up more interest and increase the fee. Unless it's a swap deal that Ince wants??? Lennon maybe?

Nicko said DB definately was NOT at WHL yesterday. This must be bull or else his agent would be going on in the media by now. and i dont think we would let him go to spurs unless the money is really really silly. whats he winning by going there? they are a weaker side than rovers. if hes going to a similar club he should at least join Villa or Everton.

Nicko said DB definately was NOT at WHL yesterday. This must be bull or else his agent would be going on in the media by now. and i dont think we would let him go to spurs unless the money is really really silly. whats he winning by going there? they are a weaker side than rovers. if hes going to a similar club he should at least join Villa or Everton.

I very much doubt it's true, but just wanted to see if Nicko had heard anything. Thanks for the update - I didn't see his post regarding it earlier.

STOOR - Interesting one, probably on the list of potential right backs. His club Rosenborg are playing tonight, so if he plays and Rovers or Bolton turn up then it could be serious.

BARTON - Going back to Newcastle, but they want to cut their wage bill so they would loan him out. However they might realise he is as well staying there...

NELSEN - Cannot believe he is going to the Olympics. Makes the start of the season that bit harder.

We have ooijer and samba to start at centre back, so letting him go to the olympics will be fine. Ooijer had a great Euro

Hope not! This player is nowhere near premier league standard. Believe me, I follow the norwegian league on a weekly basis. If this is the kind of players Ince will go for then its a massive change from the years under Mark Hughes ...

We have ooijer and samba to start at centre back, so letting him go to the olympics will be fine. Ooijer had a great Euro

I would have thought it necessary to have Nelsen at Ewood, particularly as the new manager would want to work with his defence pre season.

From what I hear Rovers are looking at several possible right backs. It is now seen as a priority position. If there is a report on how Stoor does tonight from our Norwegian guys then that would be interesting. ;)

As for Bentley...I find it impossible to believe he would go for a medical and risk being seen - that would be an illegal approach. Spurs are obviously trying to do something here, but they don't have the cash to buy him. It would HAVE to be a swap. In fact he will probably have to take less wages there than he could have got at Rovers.

On Nelsen - I don't care how many games he misses it is still a bad way to start the season for the player and the club. Very disappointing.

Hope not! This player is nowhere near premier league standard. Believe me, I follow the norwegian league on a weekly basis. If this is the kind of players Ince will go for then its a massive change from the years under Mark Hughes ...

agreed.

if they are looking at players in norway, go for Alanzinho or Elyanoussi.

He is Rubbish.

When has he turned up at Ewood and left us in awe at his bold prowess. Saw him twice playing for Barcodes and City at Everton and once at City and he was rubbish then too. Plays one game in 5 if you're lucky and never has a deciding influence on a game. When did you see him perform better than than average- on TV? It's highlighted!

Blackburn End Steward maybe.

From what I hear Rovers are looking at several possible right backs. It is now seen as a priority position.

Why on earth is a right back a priority? Bert's been doing a good job there for quite a while now. Start building, by replacing your weaknesses first. i.e. lack of pace all over the team and lack of midfield creativity. RB's not a priority.

Why on earth is a right back a priority? Bert's been doing a good job there for quite a while now. Start building, by replacing your weaknesses first. i.e. lack of pace all over the team and lack of midfield creativity. RB's not a priority.

Trust me, it is in the eyes of the new management.

On Nelsen - I don't care how many games he misses it is still a bad way to start the season for the player and the club. Very disappointing.

How does non sound?

He is playing 2 games and then returns in time for the new season on 16th August.

Archived