BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pennant

Wouldn't pretty much most all bottom half teams make room for him if they knew he would come and they could get him for a reasonable price?

Yes.. and we are a top half team. And we have the ability to buy even if Arsenal got 50% of the Bentley dosh.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't pretty much most all bottom half teams make room for him if they knew he would come and they could get him for a reasonable price?

Which he wouldn't, and they couldn't.

That's the bloody problem!!!!!!!

The feeling is very much mutual philip.

Your routinely ridiculous, over the top optimism has been noted by many aside from myself, and seems to be becoming somewhat of a running joke. Despite that, you continue in the same vein, continually being proved wrong in what you say, and seemingly never learning from the last time.

To suggest that we have any chance whatsoever of signing Xabi Alonso from Liverpool is beyond ridiculous. You've really outdone yourself with that one. He's a Spanish international and has just won the European Championships, he's a Champions League winner, a Liverpool regular, and is being linked with some of Europe's biggest teams for a fee in the region of £15m. All this, and he's only 26 years old. The only reason he hasn't moved yet is because all potential suitors know Liverpool need to raise the cash. The fee will come down slightly, and once it does there will be a list of teams as long as your arm in for him - all far more attractive propositions than Blackburn Rovers.

You really are beyond help.

Agree with you on this one T4E. No chance will Xabi come to Rovers. He is simply too good for our team and there is no 2 ways about it. As much as we would love him he is way out of our reach.

People on here that think we may have a chance to get him seriously need medical help.

Well the list is pretty much the Premier League, bar 4.

Not to mention all the other Leagues in Europe.

It's not even bar 4. Arsenal has lost Flamini and Hleb, and only signed Nasri. And theyy're being linked with Barry. If I was Wenger, I'd be straight after Alonso.

Agree with you on this one T4E. No chance will Xabi come to Rovers. He is simply too good for our team and there is no 2 ways about it. As much as we would love him he is way out of our reach.

People on here that think we may have a chance to get him seriously need medical help.

Name the clubs that are in for him then, doc.

Name the clubs that are in for him then, doc.

How can we even have this conversation or debate. Xabi Alonso will never come to Blackburn Rovers its as simple. We have no European football, we can't fill our stadium so how an earth is a player of his calibre going to come to our club. Honestly, some people do live in a fantasy land.

Juventus wanted him/ Arsenal, Chelsea and United don't need him because they have Carrick, Scholes, Lampard, Ballack, Deco and Fabregas. Liverpool wanted to off load him because they want Barry and he would be surplus requirements. He's more likely to move to a spanish club or another foreign club.

Rovers? NO CHANCE!!

Pathetic the lot of you.

Who is actually in for Alonso???

Simple question guys.

Did I not get you a link? Which you've not addressed. Did I not make a post about Arsenal? Which you've not addressed.

The basis of your argument is that no one more attractive than Rovers would touch Alonso. Again, if you truly believe that then you're totally beyond help.

If I thought you were capable of going on a wind up I'd guess that's what this is. As it stands, I can only conclude that you are out of your tree.

Did I not get you a link? Which you've not addressed. Did I not make a post about Arsenal? Which you've not addressed.

The basis of your argument is that no one more attractive than Rovers would touch Alonso. Again, if you truly believe that then you're totally beyond help.

If I thought you were capable of going on a wind up I'd guess that's what this is. As it stands, I can only conclude that you are out of your tree.

Are Arsenal actually bidding?

This cannot be the same Gareth Barry we were linked to a few years ago when he couldn't get a game at Villa could it. I believe we had a £2m bid turned down under Souness - amazing what a few good games and a stretch in the poorest England side in living memory does isn't it?

Which CL clubs anywhere have Alonso shaped gaps at the moment?

Stop and list the clubs with an actual vacancy for Alonso.

Perhaps you don't remember asking those two questions - but it's there in black and white. You asked - I gave you Arsenal as an example.

I have also given you Inter.

So, in the face of that, you're telling us that you actually meant to ask who had actually bid?

Fruitloop.

The link is actually about Inter, not Arsenal and it is now 14 days old.

I can check but I don't believe Inter are all that interested in Alonso- the chase is a very specific Mourinho/Fat Frank thing.

OK, if a CL team from England, Spain or Italy comes in then Rovers stand no chance. Which one is coming in? Alonso has only been in the shop window all summer.

If none of them come in then we are looking at Bayern and Lyons. Where are they?

If they don't come in, sure the Russians would buy him (or the Qataris for that matter).

After that, a few UEFA qualified clubs might have an edge but few of those are turning over £60m pa.

From then on Rovers are on a pretty level playing field with all comers. We know that the likes of Newcastle and West Ham aren't playing, that Pompey and Spuds are spent up/looking elsewhere, that Everton are all mouth and no trousers (and would Liverpool sell him there), Hughes is Thaksined.

So us against Sunderland?

If we want to go for Alonso, we are serious candidates and right now, Liverpool are desperate for what Rovers have got- a cheque book.

As any American knows, money talks.

Rovers have it, Gillett/Hicks are up the creek where Shillito buzzes around with no paddle and Raffa wants to play Champs Manager.

If Rovers want Alonso (and there is no evidence they do), but an all out push right now might land him as improbably as we landed Bellamy.

Hell of a comparison, even for you - an, at the time, thought to be failure who wasn't sticking with the first team and hadn't had the best of loan spells his one full season in the Prem compared against a Champs League and Euro winning top midfielder.

Archived