BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pennant

Govou - Hardly a winger...spends most of his time in centre for Lyon....not a patch on any of Lennon/Pennant/SWP

Guzman - Had enough of sub standard dutch Under 21's

Schweinsteiger - Hardly lit up Euro 2008,....very average

OCampo - Who?

Give me a tried and tested Premier League class right winger like Pennant or Lennon any day over this lot... B)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Govou and Schweinsteiger are excellent players but totally out of our reach. De Guzman is alright, but I'm not sure why you consider him better than Pennant/SWP/Lennon. It's obvious you're being biased against those three because they are English, although I'm not sure why.

Who is Ocampo by the way? I've never seen nor heard of him in my life, and I play a fair bit of FM...

Thats not our job though is it? We're meant to have scouts scouring the world for talent, not just picking the nearest Premier League players that come to mind.

It's not your job, true, but shooting down suggested replacements without offering your own is just moaning.

Edit: not to single you out TGM - there's a lot of it about.

Bentley replacments:

Aaron Lennon,

Kennedy Bakircioglü,

Pasquale Foggia,

Pablo Hernandez,

Juan Pablo Pino,

Sean Scannell,

David Lopez,

And a guy from Osasuna who i remember playing for Castilla (madrids reserve team on sky btw) called Juanfran.

It's not your job, true, but shooting down suggested replacements without offering your own is just moaning.

Fans have every right to voice their opinion on a player, some fans may rate a player and others may not. The individual will form an opinion based on what they have seen.

From what I’ve seen Pennant, SWP and most definitely Lennon aren’t up to scratch or are suitable replacements for Bentley in my opinion.

Fans have every right to voice their opinion on a player, some fans may rate a player and others may not. The individual will form an opinion based on what they have seen.

Yes they have every right. It would just be good if some more users of this board could contribute something beyond whining.

From what I’ve seen Pennant, SWP and most definitely Lennon aren’t up to scratch or are suitable replacements for Bentley in my opinion.

Agree with you on Pennant. I'd be very happy with either of the other two (though we can't afford SWP).

Bentley replacments:

Aaron Lennon,

Kennedy Bakircioglü,

Pasquale Foggia,

Pablo Hernandez,

Juan Pablo Pino,

Sean Scannell,

David Lopez,

And a guy from Osasuna who i remember playing for Castilla (madrids reserve team on sky btw) called Juanfran.

Now you're just making these up....you been on some championship manager....? ;)

Govou and Schweinsteiger are excellent players but totally out of our reach. De Guzman is alright, but I'm not sure why you consider him better than Pennant/SWP/Lennon. It's obvious you're being biased against those three because they are English, although I'm not sure why.

Who is Ocampo by the way? I've never seen nor heard of him in my life, and I play a fair bit of FM...

Govou - maybe out of reach - what do you think he's worth though? 10m £50k a week would unsettle him maybe.

Schweinsteiger - I think he's be less than £10M and is top grade premiership material - fit, powerful and scores.

De-Guzman is playing regularly.

I'm not sure why you think I'm biased against English players - Ashley Young has been the buy of the last 2 seasons. I'm biased against bench warmers!

Ocampo will play for Argentina in 2-3 years barring injury - he doesn't get many games currently but by all accounts he is an outstanding attacking R/sided midfielder and hotly tipped. Could be a bit lightweight but could be a £2m super investment. This is the type of speculation I'd go for.

Dunny - that list knocks mine out - hats off to you!

What are we doing here - we have upwards of £25m in the bank - why start with rejects.

Jermaine Pennant - top guy, salt of the earth.

Sent off for the under 21's for punching an opponent. String of disciplinary problems for under 21's.

Arrested and convicted for drunk driving. Ninety days prison.

Previous driving ban and driving whilst uninsured.

Arrested again for Section 5 Public Order Offence.

Illiterate.

His father allegedly caught running drugs empire from his Nottingham council flat.

If you were an employer and this piece of filth turned up seeking work, would you seriously consider giving him a job? During King Kenny's time at Ewood it was well documented that the club researched the background and character of potential signings as this was considered almost as important as playing ability. What price progress?

What has it come to when we court this type of person? Let's go the whole hogg and take the Scouse jailbird off Keegan's hands.

I earn far less in a year what we would be paying this scumbag each week and will certainly resent giving up my hard earned to keep this t*** in the life style to which he has become accustomed.

Not happy.

Any of the following?

Van der Vaart

Milner

Nakamura or whatever he's called

If we do have a bit of money 10million + Van der vaart should be in the frame

same with schweinsteiger! Real Madrid put a 5-5 million pound bid in for him! :lol:

The likelyhood is that both of them would reject us but......................what if they didnt?

Who do you suggest?

Ibrahim Afellay (PSV?)for techincal ability

David Odonkor(Real Betis) for pure speed less technical

I wouldn't mind Schweinsteiger(Bayern)

A Russian with exceptional pace Vladimir Bystrov(Spartak Moscow)

Truly ,though, glad I am not a scout trying to generate possible, realistic targets, as it is difficult.It is much easier to poke holes in names than to name targets.

Truly ,though, glad I am not a scout trying to generate possible, realistic targets, as it is difficult.It is much easier to poke holes in names than to name targets.

Oh yes - the Russian - he would be an exceptional addition! Great list!

Pennant, Fowler, i'll be Barton and Lee Hughes next. Are we just not looking or something?

Have we not had this thread before?

The guy is despised on Merseyside for his excessive partying and general gangster rapping persona.

I don't often agree with scousers, but this guy is a complete waste of space by all accounts, leave well alone Ince.

Your last line may be the most insightful thing ever said on the internet (I may be exaggerating :) )

It's also true that if you don't ask, you don't get - there have been some transfers that have had people going "huh!"

On Pennant, I'm entirely unconvinced by him. Never mind his alleged personality issues, I've never felt he was all that good. In my opinion he developed ahead of the curve, which made him look good, then didn't get any better but the hype persisted. His attitude on the field is not great, he seems to run a lot with his head down and his end product is so erratic that it's basically not worth factoring in. He is quite pacy and not bad with the ball at his feet, but his passing is at the level of the Axe. I never understood why Liverpool went for him.

For some reason I do think we have a chance to get those ppl. That is if I am playing FM. :lol: However van de van vart could be a realistic target esp if we really had 17 million from bentley. Actually with 17 million, I do believe we can buy someone way better than him as long as he is not an english. :lol:

For anyone who thinks Pennant isn't good enough for Rovers: please do a YouTube search and look at some of his videos...he looks fantastic, some excellent dribbling at speed in there. We're all creaming ourselves over the impending arrival of Villanueva after watching some YouTube clips, but Pennant looks just as good (bar the spectacular set-pieces).

I don't actually think Pennant is great (yet...I think there's potential there) so that sentence would probably be better served as a warning about keeping realistic expectations on Villanueva...but, erm, I'm sure there's still a point about Pennant in there somewhere.

Jermaine Pennant - top guy, salt of the earth.

Sent off for the under 21's for punching an opponent. String of disciplinary problems for under 21's.

Arrested and convicted for drunk driving. Ninety days prison.

Previous driving ban and driving whilst uninsured.

Arrested again for Section 5 Public Order Offence.

Illiterate.

His father allegedly caught running drugs empire from his Nottingham council flat.

If you were an employer and this piece of filth turned up seeking work, would you seriously consider giving him a job? During King Kenny's time at Ewood it was well documented that the club researched the background and character of potential signings as this was considered almost as important as playing ability. What price progress?

What has it come to when we court this type of person? Let's go the whole hogg and take the Scouse jailbird off Keegan's hands.

I earn far less in a year what we would be paying this scumbag each week and will certainly resent giving up my hard earned to keep this t*** in the life style to which he has become accustomed.

Not happy.

I agree with most of what you have said he does not have the right mentality. I found it amusing given that we have Fowler on trial and being linked strongly with Pennant, two notorious and supossed bad boys in the game, that our youth are doing the exact opposite

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ofiling_system/

Pennant, please say it ain't so, I am getting a bit concerned about the bloke I actually wanted as Manager.

Milner or Lennon please if Liverpool are looking for 6 mil, and I suspect the will be, a big waste of money that.

I'll panic if he signs, I hope Ince spreads his search a little wider though. The trouble is we would be losing an Englishman how many home grown players do we have?? Not sure off the top of my head.

Perhaps Pineapple has a mate called pomegranate who can play right wing. Don't Chile have a quality young right winger??? united were linked to recently at Boca???

Yup... his name is Matias Fernandes. He is with Villareal and kind of unsettled B) ... but Real Madrid and Chelski are supposed to be interested in him.

For anyone who thinks Pennant isn't good enough for Rovers: please do a YouTube search and look at some of his videos...he looks fantastic, some excellent dribbling at speed in there. We're all creaming ourselves over the impending arrival of Villanueva after watching some YouTube clips, but Pennant looks just as good (bar the spectacular set-pieces).

I don't actually think Pennant is great (yet...I think there's potential there) so that sentence would probably be better served as a warning about keeping realistic expectations on Villanueva...but, erm, I'm sure there's still a point about Pennant in there somewhere.

Brilliant, I laughed reading this.

On Villanueva, though, the difference is that as well as youtube clips, all the word about him that we've heard has been positive. Can anyone say that about Pennant!

Archived