BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pennant

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking of Kightly, I agree he would be good signing. He's actually gone on record previously as saying we expressed an interest in him and he was keen to move, but then he signed a new contract.

I know that means nothing, but it's a smart move by Wolves - and him - whatever happens. I was looking forward to watching him yesterday, and I think the case is clear for Ince.

Like what Hughes did, I'm sure he's not restricted to one target, and he probably passes a list over to JW and puts a price set against priority. For instance, if he could get Pennant at 3 million compared to Kightly for say, 5 million, he (and no doubt our friends in Jersey) would prefer that. However, if our nylon-bedecked friends in the City of Culture want six million, then Kightly is a preferred option for me. As it stands, I'd prefer Kightly anyhows but Wolves would be cast-iron unwilling sellers - and I'd hazard a guess he may have been the demon right winger Nicko alluded to as a no deal. After all, I'm sure Ince would always lean towards players he knew of in the first instance.

I agree, but as Wolves are a Championship team we have a certain bargaining power with regards to the players we could offer them to help get them out that league.

I think Gally, Mokoena, Roberts and so on could be used along with cash to help them let go of their prized asset.

He would be hungry, i just dont see that in JP and AL.

michael kightly looks a decent prospect-young, english and because of this is price tag would be about 5million-probably the same as jermaine pennant-id prefer jermaine pennant-hes got premierleague experience and would add extra pace to our team..

Im not a big believer in Premier League experience statements.

Roque, Benni, MGP, Ronaldo, RVN, Robben, Henry, Drogba etc had no prem experience. Did it effect them?

JP is a waster.

Most of them cost well over £10m.

The others were signed by managers slightly more astute than Paul Ince.

More to the point, you can look at examples of highly rated lower league players who were regularly linked with moves to the premiership who made an impact when they had the chance to prove themselves (Bent, Ashton, etc...). I'd distinguish between that sort of player and someone like Chopra.

Im not a big believer in Premier League experience statements.

Roque, Benni, MGP, Ronaldo, RVN, Robben, Henry, Drogba etc had no prem experience. Did it effect them?

JP is a waster.

Some of those players you mention were widely regarded as the best talents in world football. Hardly an accurate comparison...

Alot of those players you mentioned vintage, came with hughe potential and great pedigree. So its easier for them, to settle down. I disagree about pennant, at liverpool he has been in and out of the team, and you just cannot perform to your best. Im not a fan of his, and there are better options around, but he does have premierleague experience and that wil be a big factor.

True, not the best comparison but i believe i am right in the statement i made about Premier League experience. I personally believe it is down to your ability as an individual if you settle. What had JP done? Relegation and bench warming come to mind.

If you are good enough you settle regardless of Premier League experience.

Okay, so people dont want pennant,they dont want lennon. Kightly has been a good suggestion, but nobody has mentioned a realistic alternative to pennant or lennon.

I'm not bothered about anyone mentioning a decent alternative on here at all, as long as someone does to Ince & JW!

How don't you know this?

I don't.

I guess Im prepared to give the manager of the club I support a chance to try and influence the team and develop us as a competetive team.

I mean we havnt even kicked a ball and all I read from certain posters is anti-Ince postings all over the place.

To paraphrase someone else "Its a bit boring isnt it"

I dont think for one minute many people have seen Pennant play at his best because at most he has been a bit part player at each club he has been at although at Brum he played more than he has done at Liverpool and Arsenal.

If we signed him and he played regularly I am certain that he would prove an astute buy. He has skill, speed and a work ethic on the right side that would complement Brett Emerton. He has skills that would be useful to the front men because he can cross and provide the killer balls they desire. The nouse he picked up at both Arsenal and Liverpool has yet to come to fruition and Rovers can give him that opportunity.

Wenger and Benitez dont make mistakes with young players and they must have seen what Pennant can bring to a team so why cant he do it at Ewood ?

I feel confident that Pennant would be a success at Ewood Park.

Archived