BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Julio Santa Cruz

Does anyone actually know anything abou this guy? I looked on the internet and couldn't find anyhting listing former clubs and what ot, nothing on Wikipedia. Just one grainy video of him playing hwat appears to be five a side at football world (or its South American equivalent...) on You Tube:

One news article did claim Julio had been here before on trial and Hughes had been impressed.

Is this just a naked attempt to get Rocky to stay (in favour of that!) or actually a talented player (double in favour of that)?

Will he be training with the reserves or the first team?

Not sure Rovers have thought this one through, in particular lost revenue.

You will be able to have Santa Cruz on the back of your shirt and it will cover two players.

Heads will roll.

They will make you get the first name initial too, Santa Cruz, R or Santa Cruz, J.

Extra money for the extra initial and two shirts, seems like clever business. :lol:

Two words.

Joel Cantona.

what about him?

i'd like this to be our phil/gary neville :D

surely he is genuinely talented. if they just wanted to get santas family over, it would be easier to offer his parents a house and some good money, no?

We should wait and see T4E I am sure the risk and cost of this venture are minimal and the benefits are pretty good.

This smells of Williams not Ince.

That we can most certainly agree on.

He was on trial for Hughes before and apparently impressed enough (or we really want to keep Rocky). There's no harm in the deal, plus we have the benefit of helping Rocky (and probably Carlos) and the chance of another impressive South American forward.

I guess he was brought for the sake for his brother. But is a smart move. At least we got to keep his big brother who's is a great asset to us.

That's been said a lot today. Personally, I couldn't imagine rovers working that way. They think the lad has a chance, - simple as that.

I got a bit exicted and thought we'd signed Julio Cruz from Inter at first. :lol:

Time will tell if he's got similiar talent to his brother. If he turns out to be half as good as Roque he'll be a good signing

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the interview with JSC on roversworld and have got to say that lad seems genuinely happy to be here and very eagar to try his hardest and break into the team. He is only a young'un but I think the guy will do OK. His english was very good too and I am more sure than ever that we will not be losing RSC bloody spuds putting stuff in da paper again. lets make a bid for berbatov for a laugh!!!!!!

It's actually fairly common for family members to be good at the same sport.. JSC has probably spent allot of time kicking a ball around with his older brother, never mind the whole genetic side of things :)

Just curious are there any even younger brothers lol?

Archived