BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

He almost cost us another goal when he passed it accross his back 4 and it got intercepted too - people seem to forget that!

He had x amount of good shots too apparently - how many hit the target?! :blink:

2 were going on target until they hit our own players and one went narrowly wide.

He was pretty much the only player having a pop at goal - people seem to forget that

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. I actually thought he was our best midfielder yesterday up until MGP scored. Can obviously strike a ball, played some decent passes and broke up play well. Was by no means his worst game and had that been any one of our other players they would have been praised.

The only thing that can be said positively about KA is that he has a good work ethic but that certainly is not enough to make him a prem player. I guess before you pontificate on something that thousands of us can see every home game is that you need to actually be there rather than watching snippets on telly. He is really very poor and brings very very little to the team effort.

But I have to admit that yesterday he brought more to the game than Dunny, Emerton and Grella......... but only just!

No, 5.

How many did Saint Benni have? and he's a striker ;)

He actually had 6 attempts - ALL off target!

Benni had 2 - again off target.....but whats the point shooting if it isnt on target?! :lol:

As he's a midfielder lets compare him to NZonzi..(Who most people said was poor)

Passes - NZonzi 22 (20 successful - 91%), Andrews 20 (14 successful - 70%)

Interceptions - NZonzi 2, Andrews 1

Tackles - NZonzi 15, Andrews 5

:rock: Suprising Eh!

I’m far from Andrews biggest fan – but he actually had a good first half on Saturday – probably his best for the club. He’s just getting the blame for everything now. He spread the play quite well at times and had two very good efforts from outside the box in the first half. Admittedly in the second half he didn’t look as good, but I felt we went a lot more direct in the second half and as a result over his head. Why the hell he didn’t use his head when Pedersen put over a wonderful cross at 1-1 I don’t know. A defender would have been proud of that clearance.

He actually had 6 attempts - ALL off target!

Benni had 2 - again off target.....but whats the point shooting if it isnt on target?! :lol:

As he's a midfielder lets compare him to NZonzi..(Who most people said was poor)

Passes - NZonzi 22 (20 successful - 91%), Andrews 20 (14 successful - 70%)

Interceptions - NZonzi 2, Andrews 1

Tackles - NZonzi 15, Andrews 5

:rock: Suprising Eh!

Andrews shots were blocked by his own team mates, they were going on target, so from no fault of his own they missed.

but whats the point shooting if it isn’t on target?!
it shows intent and I seriously doubt players deliberately shoot off target. So the point is: To try and hit the target. But sometimes this isn't possible, hense, off target.

I agree, he was no better than N'Zonzi (who I thought didn't necessarily have a bad game), but N'zonzi was playing a more defensive role than Andrews yesterday so his tackling stats will be higher. As for the others, there's hardly anything in it. 20 as opposed to 14? 14 is still pretty good.

The point I'm getting at is, you (and others) are getting on Andrews back for the smallest of things. But saying hardly anything about Benni's inability to run or have a decent amount of shots on goal for a striker in one game.

It's all very Biased.

Hense, Scapegoat.

He's a lower-league midfielder who occasionally looks passable against subpar Premiership teams. I don't know what he brings to the side that any of our younger players wouldn't (at less cost). He wasn't the worst player against Sunderland, but that's hardly a glowing tribute now is it? :rock:

The back post chance wasn't the easiest chance to convert really, he'd already jumped as the cross came in in order to head it but it was too low once he was in the air and it was probably a bit too high to sidefoot in. I don't think anyone other than Benni would have put that in the back of the net to be honest.

And Hughesy, the first half shot was almost certainly going on target, and probably in, if it wasn't deflected, and the second half chance was without a doubt on target and very possibly in (keeper may have saved it, but it's hard to tell whether it was close enough to him) but Benni's fat belly blocked that one as well. Oh yeah, while I'm replying to you - I mentioned he made a terrible pass across the midfield when I was saying he did well yesterday. Nobody had a perfect game and everybody made at least one crap pass, but he's getting singled out every game now, I wouldn't be surprised if he got slagged off for being on the bench in future. :lol:

If Andrews isn't good enough for the Prem that's not his fault, as long as he is giving it all in terms of effort the fault lies with the manager who keeps picking him!

I just don't understand how Sam thinks Andrews is a stronger alternative than Salgado - someone who can actually pass and tackle.

The back post chance wasn't the easiest chance to convert really, he'd already jumped as the cross came in in order to head it but it was too low once he was in the air and it was probably a bit too high to sidefoot in. I don't think anyone other than Benni would have put that in the back of the net to be honest.

It wasn't a difficult chance by any means. He had got there quite easily and all he had to do was get his foot around the ball.

His wider game is dreadful though, so there's no point in highlighting odd moments.

Oh and Rev, no-one is suggesting not being good enough is his fault.

What kind of pundit judges a players ability by the number of shots he has?

Sad situation.

Well it's a part of a player ability, to make room for himself to take shots, get in key areas where a ball can be played to him so he can take a shot.

It says a lot about a player if he's having 6 shots at goal as opposed to non. Especially if the player in question is a midfielder and not a striker.

Granted, it doesn't give a clear indication of a players whole ability, but it shows that the attacking side of his game is good.

Does it heck. Anyone can shoot during a game.

Yeh but not many people did. Andrews was the Player who took the most shots at the Sunderland goal.

So it show's that Andrews; on paper (stats), however much you dislike him, was our most attacking threat from open play yesterday.

Thus showing his ability to get forward and put pressure on their goal.

What I want to know is, Keith could have had an hatrick on monday, and another goal at Wigan so why has he got no reward for his efforts.

and I put the Lottery on every weekend, doesn't mean I'm going to win

Are you having another pop at the manager Hughsey.

Cant work you out if your with him or against him.

Im with him - im just stating that some of our players are serious weak links - Roberts & Andrews being 2 major ones.

I just wish I could win the Euro Lottery - id soon sort our midfield problems out! :xmas:

Yeh but not many people did. Andrews was the Player who took the most shots at the Sunderland goal.

So it show's that Andrews; on paper (stats), however much you dislike him, was our most attacking threat from open play yesterday.

Thus showing his ability to get forward and put pressure on their goal.

An ability to shoot eh? Impressive super arran :)

Archived