BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

Keith should just pass backwards and sideways and not try an adventurous pass like 90% of our players. We realise Keith's mistakes because he doesn't "grey man" it like the rest of our midfield. I would not try for one minute to say Keith is a good footballer or even premier league standard but he doesn't put a gun to Sams head to get into the starting line up and I strongly believe we would have gone down last season if it wasn't for Keith playing nearly every position across the midfield. As i've said Keith isn't the best but I think he bares alot of fans frustrations because our better players (dunn, grella) are always injured. I'm prepared for lots of abuse but Keith is not as bad as the majority think, he could play like N'Zonzi every game and pass sideways and backwards but all fans need their villains.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith should just pass backwards and sideways and not try an adventurous pass like 90% of our players. We realise Keith's mistakes because he doesn't "grey man" it like the rest of our midfield. I would not try for one minute to say Keith is a good footballer or even premier league standard but he doesn't put a gun to Sams head to get into the starting line up and I strongly believe we would have gone down last season if it wasn't for Keith playing nearly every position across the midfield. As i've said Keith isn't the best but I think he bares alot of fans frustrations because our better players (dunn, grella) are always injured. I'm prepared for lots of abuse but Keith is not as bad as the majority think, he could play like N'Zonzi every game and pass sideways and backwards but all fans need their villains.

I can understand your comments but as a football person, I can tell yopu he offers nothing, no pace, no ability. cant pass but stays fit!!! So did my grandad!!

I have to say that his performance on Saturday was by far the worst I've seen from him. I hate to say it but I think the boo boys have got to him. He did have his moments of excellence, the free kick for the goal was precise and was obviously what had been worked on in training, but they were very few and far between.

I have to say that his performance on Saturday was by far the worst I've seen from him. I hate to say it but I think the boo boys have got to him. He did have his moments of excellence, the free kick for the goal was precise and was obviously what had been worked on in training, but they were very few and far between.

The boo boys have nothing to do with it CrazyIvan.

It' been obvious to most from the start, that he isn't up to this standard.

I thought he was decent, looked like one of the few players who wanted to pass the ball on the deck, also had a few decent shots on goal.

I dont want Keith starting games but we are struggling for midfield players at the moment but he was ok today, nothing more nothing less- is that a positive, well I guess it is!

• Backroom

I invite ANYONE to bring a positive to the table about his non-performance today.

The lad is NEVER a Premiership player and is for me, the worst ever player to don the colours of my team.

A couple of great efforts, some nice passes and a superb tackle in the second half to deny a clear chance.

A couple of great efforts, some nice passes and a superb tackle in the second half to deny a clear chance.

A great effort TCO, is the back of the net, thats great !

NZonzi was equally as poor as Keith today along with Hoilet.

Whilst Nzonzi and Hoillet continue to don a Rovers shirt, Keith will not be the worst player to play for us.

He's not a world beater and I don't for a second wish to make him out to be one, but in the absence of Dunny it would appear that Keith is actually our best midfielder :wacko:

Compared to the usual rubbish he puts on show, this was an improvement today. He is nowhere near the quality to play at this level for a club like ours though.

hi, dont post much, but after sitting through that today ive got to comment on super keith.

I think for the last year and a half he's been overly critisised because of who signed him and where he came from, and at times has shown the quality needed at this level and at least hes nearlly always been available to play, BUT this season his forms been worse than last,at wigan in my opinion he was terrible and today how you think he improved is beyond me,he was at fault for one of the sunderland goals when pathetically giving the ball away and managed to find a sunderland player with a pass more than one of ours. ok he had a few attempts from outside the box,and somehow didnt connect from 3 yards out. overall he was s**t.one of the worsed midfield performance ive ever seen in 20 years of watching us live. really really s**t. surely its time to throw an academy lad in their. dont think they could do any worse.

Whilst Nzonzi and Hoillet continue to don a Rovers shirt, Keith will not be the worst player to play for us.

He's not a world beater and I don't for a second wish to make him out to be one, but in the absence of Dunny it would appear that Keith is actually our best midfielder

Are you on something?

Our best midfielder?

Apart from 2 decent attempts he was CRAP again! He made a terrible pass which a better team would of punishes and he kept going backwards - even at kick-offs.

HE needs to get out of this club asap, he offers nothing to our team and we are basically playing with 10 men everytime he is on the field!

Rationality plays no part in a discussion about Keith Andrews. The fact he played some superb balls today is overshadowed by the fact he also played some duff ones as well.

Yet he gets singled out by some posters. They were all crap at passing today, no one was any better than Keith, and at least he had the guts to have a pop a few times.

Did Sam not have this option in the summer but chose not to sell him?

Would be madness to sell him now (or even back in the summer), considering none of our other midfielders can stay fit.

Think ideally Sam would want to bring in more quality instead of Keith, but we don't live in an ideal world sadly.

Did Sam not have this option in the summer but chose not to sell him?

He did - but purely down to 4 players being injury prone - he didnt sell as he wasnt sure they would stay fit.....so far Big Sam got it spot on in that case - Just a shame we havent got anyone else who can play in Centre Midfield.

Hopefully Emerton will put his injury problems behind him soon.

He did - but purely down to 4 players being injury prone - he didnt sell as he wasnt sure they would stay fit.....so far Big Sam got it spot on in that case - Just a shame we havent got anyone else who can play in Centre Midfield.

I've seen Jason Brown play wide right, maybe he could slot into the middle? :D

Archived