BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

Long time since I posted in here, but it has to be said that I really struggle to think of any central midfielder in my time watching rovers, who's worse than this guy.

Over the years they have all had something to their game, be it a bit of pace, a bit of skill, having a bite in their tackle, reasonable passing ability, but in all honesty I simply don't see anything at all to KA's game. Nothing. Today at Wigan he might as well have been playing for them.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long time since I posted in here, but it has to be said that I really struggle to think of any central midfielder in my time watching rovers, who's worse than this guy.

Over the years they have all had something to their game, be it a bit of pace, a bit of skill, having a bite in their tackle, reasonable passing ability, but in all honesty I simply don't see anything at all to KA's game. Nothing. Today at Wigan he might as well have been playing for them.

Except the ball into the box for our goal?

Don't know if it's been mentioned but at half time last against Spurs, there was a video clip on the big screen of Keith's recent visit to a local school.

They were all making models of Keith doing what he does best. Anyone guess what the archetypal Andrews' action is?

Yep, you guessed it: Pointing.

Talk about taking the ######. And this was from a group of Primary School kids. Priceless.

0,,10303~5570652,00.jpg

At one point he tried his luck from about 20 yards and it floated harmlessly high and wide. Chimbonda said something about it and part of Andrew's reaction was clearly "shut your f***ing mouth".

Obviously well-schooled by his mentor.

I don't think I can excuse Sam anymore for picking him. He really is that bad! Surely there's someone in the reserves/youth team who'd be a marked improvement on our Keith!?

You did well to judge Keith's performance today without actually being at the match yourself. That being said the point you raised is still valid it doesn't bode well for our youth team if they can't be displace Andrews. I don't recall there even being a youth-team central midfield on the bench at all this season.

Its clear that his confidence is totally shot to bits-he is playing awfully at the moment. Last season, whilst certainly not a world beater, he was by no means the worst player-good energy, scored a couple and did the basics well. Last season, I felt the crowd were on his back simply cos he was a Ince signing and that he was a lower division and many refused to even give the guy a chance.

However this season he has been awful and the last 3 games, Bham Spurs and Wigan (all of which Ive had the misfortune to be at) he has been jaw dropingly bad. Passing to the opposition, getting in teammates way, missing tackles, just all round terrible. He is a hindrance to the XI atm.

And yet I still witnessed his innumerable stray passes, aimless running, and non-existent attempts at tackling.

I still remeber in one game last year when his first touch let him down and the ball went towards two opposing players, Keith desperate to get the ball back sprinted at them with his best speed. Trouble was he ran straight past them and the ball, its the funniest Rovers moment I can remember.

Question is though who would have him? New contract as well, most likely on decent wages now which might be too much for the championship. Guess we just have to hope Hart can come to our rescue again.

I still remeber in one game last year when his first touch let him down and the ball went towards two opposing players, Keith desperate to get the ball back sprinted at them with his best speed. Trouble was he ran straight past them and the ball, its the funniest Rovers moment I can remember.

Question is though who would have him? New contract as well, most likely on decent wages now which might be too much for the championship. Guess we just have to hope Hart can come to our rescue again.

Its an absolutely ridiculous situation that hes been put on premier league wages thus noone in the championship is going to be able to have him.

A very, very, poor piece of management by Rovers last summer regarding Keef.

Its an absolutely ridiculous situation that hes been put on premier league wages thus noone in the championship is going to be able to have him.

A very, very, poor piece of management by Rovers last summer regarding Keef.

Yup, very shoddy piece of business by John Williams.

Archived