BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did - but purely down to 4 players being injury prone - he didnt sell as he wasnt sure they would stay fit.....so far Big Sam got it spot on in that case - Just a shame we havent got anyone else who can play in Centre Midfield.

Hopefully Emerton will put his injury problems behind him soon.

So the difference between not selling him in summer because we had 4 potentially injury prone players and selling him now despite having 4 injury prone players is what? Surely selling him and replacing him in the summer would've been the best option? I doubt we'll get offered the same amount now.

Well done to all the people booing, Andrews duely obliged and put in his worst performance in a Rovers shirt especially for you. :rolleyes:

Talksport after the game.

Stan Collymore was going apeshit at Chelsea fans for booing their team off at halftime.

Praising northern fans for never booing their own team.

I didn't want to spoil his illusion by phoning in and telling him that's exactly what Rovers fans do virtually every game.

So the difference between not selling him in summer because we had 4 potentially injury prone players and selling him now despite having 4 injury prone players is what? Surely selling him and replacing him in the summer would've been the best option? I doubt we'll get offered the same amount now.

We did add a midfielder (NZonzi) - however we didnt expect him to play much, he has done much better than expected - so hes the bonus.

It now gives us abit more freedom to sell. We have NZonzi & then hopefully the other spot can be filled most weeks by 1 of Dunn, Emerton or Grella.

Andrews has also had a further 6 months to prove his worth to Sam - and he has proved 1 thing - He is not good enough!

Rationality plays no part in a discussion about Keith Andrews. The fact he played some superb balls today is overshadowed by the fact he also played some duff ones as well.

Yet he gets singled out by some posters. They were all crap at passing today, no one was any better than Keith, and at least he had the guts to have a pop a few times.

That was his only saving grace today, he did at least have a pop. Wish someone else would. Goalie might fumble, might take a deflection, whatever. You never know if you don't have a go.

Do I notice a trend in the Allardyce supporters and the obsessive Andrews haters? Scapegoat spring to mind?

Can't we all just get over it. Andrews isn't first team, but with 2/3 first team central midfielders out he has to play. He's far from good enough but is getting singled out for all the things he does wrong yet at the same time is one of our only players looking to play a forward pass and have a pop at goal.

He's far far from the root of our current problems.

What a surprise Rovers don't win and it's all Andrews fault.I could name at least another 6 or 7 players who were more at fault. Last week Andrews got unfairly slated for getting in the way of a shot on goal by Hoilet but today he had two goal bound shots deflected by a Rovers player and one of them was definately going into the top right corner.I don't hear any criticism of those players (and rightly so) so why criticise Andrews for the same situation last week.It has been stated many many times that he is just not up to standard but surely it's obvious that half of the team are in the same category including the manager who in my opinion is more at fault than any player.

Andrews was Crap again - thats why he gets slated!

Some of the others maybe didnt perform yesterday...however we know they have it in them - with Andrews you just know he doesnt have anything in him, other than hot air and the ability to point!

I hate to say this but Andrews actually had a decent game. He was much better than he was at Wigan. People around me were saying how he played well, put in some decent tackles, some good passes and had a couple of very good shots. He should have gone with his head at one cross though and he would have scored... He did make some mistakes and that's all some people see. He is the scapegoat and gets hammered by the morons in the top right BBE who booed him.

I have heard it all recently. Di Santo is a lazy git and should be sent back to Chelsea by someone at Wigan, 'We want our Hughesy back' along with some racist comments by someone else at Wigan, 'Sam out' by someone else at Wigan. All these were by one or, at the most, two people. I've never known Rovers fans to be so divided and argumentative with each other too. Someone will tell me that it's Sams fault I would guess but I don't think it is. We had the manager everyone wanted, players, fans and the board and he left for pastures new. It hasn't been the same since. Rovers fans with illusions shattered?

I hate to say this but Andrews actually had a decent game. He was much better than he was at Wigan. People around me were saying how he played well, put in some decent tackles, some good passes and had a couple of very good shots. He should have gone with his head at one cross though and he would have scored... He did make some mistakes and that's all some people see. He is the scapegoat and gets hammered by the morons in the top right BBE who booed him.

I have heard it all recently. Di Santo is a lazy git and should be sent back to Chelsea by someone at Wigan, 'We want our Hughesy back' along with some racist comments by someone else at Wigan, 'Sam out' by someone else at Wigan. All these were by one or, at the most, two people. I've never known Rovers fans to be so divided and argumentative with each other too. Someone will tell me that it's Sams fault I would guess but I don't think it is. We had the manager everyone wanted, players, fans and the board and he left for pastures new. It hasn't been the same since. Rovers fans with illusions shattered?

I thought I was the only one who thought this.

Some guy who sits behind me shouted "Andrews, you're ######!" when he had that shot that came off Holliets head. (that only narrowly missed)

But then when Benni has a shot that goes miles wide "unlucky Benni"

Seems like you have to be the darling of the Blackburn End to get any praise.

Am not an Andrews fan or detractor but a Rovers fan. The morons who boo a rovers player when his name is announced just astound me. They could try praising and cajoling to better performances. Andrews appeared to be the only player prepared to have a dip yesterday and despite his shortcomings he keeps on trying, Lets get behind our players and not make them feel bad before a ball is kicked

I thought I was the only one who thought this.

Some guy who sits behind me shouted "Andrews, you're ######!" when he had that shot that came off Holliets head. (that only narrowly missed)

But then when Benni has a shot that goes miles wide "unlucky Benni"

Seems like you have to be the darling of the Blackburn End to get any praise.

Benni has earned abit more respect (20 goals + in a season) - Andrews hasnt! Its that simple! Form is temporary, Class is permanent, Andrews doesnt have any!

Benni has earned abit more respect (20 goals + in a season) - Andrews hasnt! Its that simple! Form is temporary, Class is permanent, Andrews doesnt have any!

100% agreed, I would love someone to tell me just what his real football attributes are, I speak to top non league players, semi pros and proffessionals, some of the ex pros just give me a wry smile and shrug of the shoulder, but I ask this, Hull and Wolves decided not good enough for the Championship and only a good season for MK Dons in the 2nd division, he is 27/28 should be at his peak as a player, from now on its downhill!! God help us!

And who's crap passing earned Sunderlands first goal? Correct, Julies!

Come on, be honest, he simply isn't good enough, how long do you give a guy to actually prove that he isn't? He's had a season and a half now!!!????

The most annoying thing about this guy is the amount of SPACE he marks, just watch him, he's a total percentage man, it's not that he doesn't try, it's not that he can't pick a pass sometimes, it's not that he doesn't have a go, it's just that he's NOT good enough for this league! period.

I don't boo him, however, I reserve the right to slag him off when his mis placed backwards pass (When under NO PRESSURE)leads directly to Sunderland's first goal.

I also reserve the right to slag him off for diverting 2 goal bound shots off target (Wigan and Sunderland games respectively) and having so many opportunities to hit the target against Sunderland and not doing so (Once!)

I also think on his wages and in this league, he should be doing the normal things you can expect of a professional. i.e. A lot better than he is! (And yes, he's top of a substantial list at the moment!)

Are you on something?

Our best midfielder?

Apart from 2 decent attempts he was CRAP again! He made a terrible pass which a better team would of punishes and he kept going backwards - even at kick-offs.

HE needs to get out of this club asap, he offers nothing to our team and we are basically playing with 10 men everytime he is on the field!

Don't take him on Hughesy. Just look Brian Gallaghers from. He's a fellow paddy and will likely have been pisssed up for a week by now. :rolleyes:

The thing is, he's never been given the chance to earn respect.

Take yesterday for example, he didn't play that badly, put in some good challenges and had 3 decent shots on goal; but still people don't give him any credit.

There's even someone on here saying that because he chested the ball and it went "10 feet in the air" he cost us the second goal. :wstu:

Pedersen played his heart out and scored loads of goals in one season. AND still plays his heart out. Yet he gets critised.

Becoming unfit during a season and looking uninterested in an important stage of that season does not earn you respect. I couldn't give a sh*t if Benni scored 20 in one season alone or not, If he's playing sh*t and looks lazy and uninterested, he deserves critisism more so than Andrews.

I know Andrews isn't a quality player. He's a squad member who steps up to the plate when needed.

What does Andrews have to do to earn your respect then? because he's not going to scored 20 a season. (and please don't say something like "p*ss off back to league two") ;)

Rationality plays no part in a discussion about Keith Andrews. The fact he played some superb balls today is overshadowed by the fact he also played some duff ones as well.

Yet he gets singled out by some posters. They were all crap at passing today, no one was any better than Keith, and at least he had the guts to have a pop a few times.

Stu..... Andrews is NOT premiership quality and thats that! Unless he gets unbelievably lucky like the Axe he will not be playing Prem football when he leaves us.

There's even someone on here saying that because he chested the ball and it went "10 feet in the air" he cost us the second goal. :wstu:

But that is exactly what happened FFS!!! Albeit helped by poor work from Robinson but he's copped for blame too.

btw it was 1st goal!

Talksport after the game.

Stan Collymore was going apeshit at Chelsea fans for booing their team off at halftime.

Praising northern fans for never booing their own team.

I didn't want to spoil his illusion by phoning in and telling him that's exactly what Rovers fans do virtually every game.

With justification.

But that is exactly what happened FFS!!! Albeit helped by poor work from Robinson but he's copped for blame too.

But it wasn't his fault that the defence didn't stop/mark Bent properly, or that Robinson didn't save it.

Fair do's, it was a bad control but that was not the main factor in us conceding.

It's like blaiming the player who passed the ball to Andrews. He should have passed it along the floor, he should of passed it to someone else, he should have, could have, would have....

Andrews = Scapegoat

Don't take him on Hughesy. Just look Brian Gallaghers from. He's a fellow paddy and will likely have been pisssed up for a week by now. :rolleyes:

Actually I don't drink so :P you!

I am simply pointing out that we have absolutely nothing in the midfield without Dunn. When you look at the complete crap that Keith is surrounded by in there then it is unfair to pick him out and use him as a scapegoat.

We're all bumming up Nzonzi and Hoillet when in fact they have been equally as poor as Keith for large parts of the season, Junior in particular who has done bugger all in a Rovers shirt.

He's no world beater as I have stated on here before on more than one occasion, but to single out Andrews because he was an Ince signing and lets be honest, (as evident from your post drog) because he's Irish, ain't on.

Yep. I actually thought he was our best midfielder yesterday up until MGP scored. Can obviously strike a ball, played some decent passes and broke up play well. Was by no means his worst game and had that been any one of our other players they would have been praised.

Archived