BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Apologies TCO but I've moved this over from the match thread as my response seems more appropriate here.

I wasn't intending to post so soon after the match today because I tend to upset people - and for that reason I must point out that of course I don't hold him soley responsible for today's result - but I have to say that Andrews was/is dire.

I've decided that the reason makes these superb through-balls is nothing to do with skill but the law of averages. He seems to have this idea about dinking balls foward or hitting it first time to find an attacker but 9 times out of 10 he lands it nowhere near a team mate or even the danger area. Every so often the ball finds an attacker running through and it looks like he's made an inspired pass.

It'll be interesting to see our results without him if he is injured for any length of time.

No worries Jisty, I'll admit he isn't good enough but Plastic Heads assessment of him today was way harsh in my opinion.

If Dunn played that ball people would have been fawning over it

:lol: The daggers are out for Andrews tonight.

Diouf?

Givet?

Grella?

Diouf - a shadow of his former self. No attempts to beat his man, can't put a decent cross in (although he managed a few good corners in succession late in the second half).

Givet - didn't do a lot wrong but wasn't his usual self - maybe something to do with being behind Diouf? His best position is CB and at times that shows.

Grella - looked out of practise today. Tried hard though. ;)

It's not just Andrews but this is the Andrews thread.

Btw, Chimbonda had a good game today so if you don't think so, maybe that's why we see differently about Andrews' performances... :P

ET

Dont do chips mate.

Andrews did nothing today apart from one dink over the defence and the clearance when the defenders got in a mix. Other than that in 45 minutes he did NOTHING whatsoever.

I saw it, 25000 other fans saw it so why didnt you ?

That's completely unfair 1864 and you know it. He put it out for a Stoke goal kick several times.

(If it wasn't so true, it'd be funny).

There's no point in even discussing Keith Andrews any more. He's worn out his 'benefits of the doubt'. The reality is that he is a truly abyssmal footballer who was bought by Ince, a manager of League 1 ability and nothing more. Andrews' performances week in week out have been lamentable and the only people who continue to defend him are those tiresome stubborn halfwits who defended Ince with those childish 'he's Rovers' manager so I support him no matter what' arguments. In other words, the sort of people who have no backbone whatsoever and would presumably rather have us relegated than admit they were wrong.

ET

Dont do chips mate.

Andrews did nothing today apart from one dink over the defence and the clearance when the defenders got in a mix. Other than that in 45 minutes he did NOTHING whatsoever.

I saw it, 25000 other fans saw it so why didnt you ?

So apart from create our best opportunity of the game and cover our defence to stop a tap-in for Stoke he did nothing? Wish all our players would do that in 45 minutes!

There's no point in even discussing Keith Andrews any more. He's worn out his 'benefits of the doubt'. The reality is that he is a truly abyssmal footballer who was bought by Ince, a manager of League 1 ability and nothing more. Andrews' performances week in week out have been lamentable and the only people who continue to defend him are those tiresome stubborn halfwits who defended Ince with those childish 'he's Rovers' manager so I support him no matter what' arguments. In other words, the sort of people who have no backbone whatsoever and would presumably rather have us relegated than admit they were wrong.

and who never say "he's Rovers manager so i support him" about Sam even though he saved us from relegation.

what about all his misplaced passes ? or dont they matter?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/28/premier-league-blackburn-rovers-stoke-city

He misplaced six passes out of 24, all of which were halfway in Stoke's half or further up (which I'd imagine happens a lot against a side as compact as Stoke). His passing yesterday was fine - some decent ambitious balls and the best pass of the match. If people are criticising his distribution yesterday it just proves that people see what they want to see as far as Andrews is concerned.

Interesting bit of software that Bellamy.

It's probably worth pointing out though that of his 10 passes in or into the final third, only two proper forward passes (greater than 30 degrees) found a team mate. Granted one came off as an excellent through ball (the one marked "un" which presumably means the recipient was "un"clear rather than "un"intended) but, again, it's the law of averages.

Passes.jpg

I'd also draw your attention to the following:

TackleandIntercept.jpg

In fairness on the tackles front though, he did also give away two free kicks.

If I'm being compeletely fair, this was from 45 minutes but it shouldn't really come down to how people manipulate the statistics to suit their argument, and when I comment about his performance, it's based on what I see on the pitch.

If Sam uses this kind of information to decide his team selection, I can see why Andrews keeps his place but it doesn't impress me too much. (But what do I know).

6 out of 24. So he has a 75% pass success rate.

That's bloody good. He also set up Di Santo (again).

I think he will be a regular member of the squad for a good few years yet.

I was at Ladies day yesterday and one of the gifts in the "goodie bag" was a pen knife in a dinky leatther holder. Given there was a chance that one of the players they brought up to meet us MIGHT be Keith Andrews, I had to hand it back, or the temptation to slice his cruciates would have been too much. (He didn't come up but as I feel much the same about MGP, who DID come up, the theory still stood)

Interesting bit of software that Bellamy.

It's probably worth pointing out though that of his 10 passes in or into the final third, only two proper forward passes (greater than 30 degrees) found a team mate. Granted one came off as an excellent through ball (the one marked "un" which presumably means the recipient was "un"clear rather than "un"intended) but, again, it's the law of averages.

Passes.jpg

I'd also draw your attention to the following:

TackleandIntercept.jpg

In fairness on the tackles front though, he did also give away two free kicks.

If I'm being compeletely fair, this was from 45 minutes but it shouldn't really come down to how people manipulate the statistics to suit their argument, and when I comment about his performance, it's based on what I see on the pitch.

If Sam uses this kind of information to decide his team selection, I can see why Andrews keeps his place but it doesn't impress me too much. (But what do I know).

If these are accurate jisty then thats superb ,sideways, backwards Keef, which also shows he cant tackle either which is even worse in my book.

No idea why keith got taken off yesterday.

He created our best chance of the first half.

When the stoke player went clear through, keith was level with 2 other defenders. he was the only one who bothered to run back, and managed to get the ball away. If he wasnt there we would have been 1-0 down.

Im not saying keith is brilliant, but after watchin grella for 45 minutes yesterday, keith has to start. Grella dived in to every tackle, gave the ball away, and ive never seen a player with such little composure.

I thought he was taken off because he had a calf strain.....

Anyway, so he can pass, but he can't tackle and can't read the game (otherwise he'd make a lot more interceptions)

it's still not his fault he gets picked as much as he does

Archived