BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

Den I thought you were one of the older fans :)

Nah - middle age Aggy.

So you and Den just choose to ignore his goals and assists last season?

As I said in a post earlier and Clayton's also mentioning.

It would be nice to hear from our Irish supporters who have seen Keith in action for ROI and tell us what type of role he has been given in that team.

As I also said earlier - I think he is a decent box-to-box midfielder who gets into shooting positions and also good at tracking back. He makes too many freekicks for my like, but always gives 100%. He isnt jumping around as a girl scout like Mokoena.

Huh, why you bringing me into this? I've never mentioned Mokoena,- and why are you thinking I ignore Andrews goals and assists this season - I've never said anything about that either. BTW, have there been goals and assists from him?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you and Den just choose to ignore his goals and assists last season?

As I said in a post earlier and Clayton's also mentioning.

It would be nice to hear from our Irish supporters who have seen Keith in action for ROI and tell us what type of role he has been given in that team.

Having seen both Keith and Aaron in action for both us and at International level there really is no contest, Moko could make the odd (and I mean very odd) crunching tackle, but that was all he had to his game. Keith is a far more composed footballer than him, but even that isn't saying much :lol:

Keith stood up and was counted while wearing the green over the qualifying campaign and did himself and the country proud, especially in the Stade the France where he had the £20 million Diarra in his pocket :)

Andrews isn't the most technically gifted player in our squad but he offers us two things that very few of the others do, in that he is almost always fit and always plays with his heart on his sleeve.

I would like to echo others in that he gets himself into shooting positions, but doesn't let rip often enough!

Thought about this one based upon my experiences on this site in the past..........

There are certain individuals here who are vulnerable to the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and have revealed gross personal details about themselves which could easily be exploited by those more intelligent, better educated and more wordly wise than they are......

Far be it for me to engage in such petty trivia........

But if needs be I will certainy smite those that have hidden behind their keyboards to pathetically assume a position of seeming confidence to which they are so patently ill suited........

Do you feel lucky punk :lol:

Actually I doubt that I would be prepared to have their downfall on my conscience - candy from a baby and all that......

Anyhow, I will be at the Reebok on Sunday cheering on Keef if he is playing........

I shall leave the pathetic gibberish to those posturing on their keyboards in their lonely perversity - the sooner you get a real girlfriend the better ^_^:tu:

I assume you see yourself as one of the 'more intelligent, better educated and more wordily wise' posters?

In which case, the beautiful irony of that spelling mistake almost rivals the glaring irony of your overall post.

Andrews isn't the most technically gifted player in our squad but he offers us two things that very few of the others do, in that he is almost always fit and always plays with his heart on his sleeve.

I would like to echo others in that he gets himself into shooting positions, but doesn't let rip often enough!

But Brian you say he offers two things yet those things arent actual acheivements on the football field 1. he stays fit. Dont you have to be fit to play football anyhow. and 2. he wears his heart on his sleeve, what does that mean with a football.

Is the Keith Andrews debate still going on?

It seems to me that his detractors think that he's gash and shouldn't be in the PL, and his supporters think that he's like a golden retriever chasing a stick with his tongue hanging out and fans should be glad that stays fit and tries hard.

One of the main reasons he stays fit is that he doesn't tackle and rarely gets close enough to opponents to make contact - and most attacks he breaks up are Rovers' ones. His most likely injury will be an RSI in his index finger or a running-around-a-lot strain.

If he wasn't a Rovers player I doubt anybody on here would rate him, and if he wasn't a Rovers player he wouldn't be in the Ireland squad. He'll no doubt be sending a large gift to P*** I***'s house this Christmas.

The paradox is that Rovers can't afford much more than Andrews' level (unless we gamble in the transfer market and get lucky - N'Zonzi vs Van Heerden), yet we need players better than Andrews if we are going to do anything in this league.

HOWEVER...

...his odd pearler last season contributed to our staying up, and we may need him again. So let's get behind him and the rest of the lads tomorrow to roar us on for 3 points. Save any booing or heckling (if absolutely necessary) until AFTER the game. I'm even hoping that he sticks one away to shut us all up for a day or two.

In case we need reminding - one of Andrews' pearlers came away at West Brom - they went down, we didn't

Keith_Andrews_Blackburn_West_Brom.jpg

Please, do you read your own posts?

I assume you see yourself as one of the 'more intelligent, better educated and more wordily wise' posters?

In which case, the beautiful irony of that spelling mistake almost rivals the glaring irony of your overall post.

Actually I was far too inebriated to read at all :wacko: .......

Is that why you added an extra "i" to my spelling mistake shilliboy :P

I have always thought that my dyslexia which I have mentioned before on this forum is a major contributory reason to the fact that I have never met anyone with my speed of thought or capacity for lateral thinking despite having attended what was in my time the World's leading University........

Still the opportunity to trade insults with such major talents as you two boys makes me proud to appear on this, my favorite ever, internet site.......

And to keep you all happy a little tune - B)

But Brian you say he offers two things yet those things arent actual acheivements on the football field 1. he stays fit. Dont you have to be fit to play football anyhow. and 2. he wears his heart on his sleeve, what does that mean with a football.

It means he is a more useful player to Rovers than Grella and Dunn, prior to this season.

It means he is a more useful player to Rovers than Grella and Dunn, prior to this season.

I'm a more useful player to Rovers than Grella cos I don't cost us any wages.And Dunn was injured all last season.So what are you trying to say----the fact that he can stand up makes him valuable?

Having seen both Keith and Aaron in action for both us and at International level there really is no contest, Moko could make the odd (and I mean very odd) crunching tackle, but that was all he had to his game. Keith is a far more composed footballer than him, but even that isn't saying much :lol:

Keith stood up and was counted while wearing the green over the qualifying campaign and did himself and the country proud, especially in the Stade the France where he had the £20 million Diarra in his pocket :)

Mokoena is ###### poor for SA, and our best defender Nasief Morris is being overlooked.

Brian, whats prior is in the past, this is now, yesterday was a long, long time ago.

True, but others are crucifying him on past form and until we get time travel this is the only way that we can judge players - on what they have done in the past.

You're only as good as you're last game, and it can't be denied that Keith was first class against France.

I'm a more useful player to Rovers than Grella cos I don't cost us any wages.And Dunn was injured all last season.So what are you trying to say----the fact that he can stand up makes him valuable?

I'm not trying to make out that Andrews is the most technically gifted player on the planet, but you can't slate him for being constantly ready when called upon and (like Jisty has already pointed out) he has gotten us some valuable points with his goals.

I can only really compare Andrews with the other players we have at the club in his position and as demonstrated by his fitness and continued inclusion in the first team he is better than the vast majority of them.

He's no Fabregas but as we can't afford players of that stature we need players who are fully committed.

Just out of interest, how do you reckon on that?

Blackbutn during its industrial heyday had a massive Irish population, just like the numbers of Asians you see today over a hundred years ago the Irish community was about the same sizs.

A lot people I know have Irish surnames which bears this.

Very true JAL.

On Wednesday he played a blinder for ROI and will almost certainly start tomorrow.

This is the present. :)

If he played a blinder what did he acheive Bucky. Are you having a laugh.

No Andrews today, and I don't think anyone could suggest Rovers missed him.

N'Zonzi and Dunn with Emerton tucking in from time to time looks a pretty good option at this stage. Even Grella got on before Andrews.

Has the predicted fading of Andrews importance in the eyes of the coaching staff finally happened? Certainly, he doesnt seem to be held in the regard that some assumed when he was starting games earlier in the season.

Very true JAL.

On Wednesday he played a blinder for ROI and will almost certainly start tomorrow.

This is the present. :)

Thank the lord you were wrong. How much better was Emerton than Julie.

JAL and Bucky are the ideal managerial combination I would like to see............................At Burnley.

Thank the lord you were wrong. How much better was Emerton than Julie.

JAL and Bucky are the ideal managerial combination I would like to see............................At Burnley.

Bucky was contradicting me Al.

Cheers Al, would love the Dingle job dont think they'd love me though. :blush:

God you're quirky, such a card.

By the way, I saw you lurking on this thread hours before you posted. I bet you sat there all that time coming up with your post.

You're quite clearly a sad little man.

You will be glad to hear this is my last post for a while......

I do not mind posts like yours which at least are up front and honest, but I do object to having my posts distorted by mods who manipulate and invalidate what has been said......

By the way - do you spend all your time checking who is doing what here........

I have asked to remain as someone who can log in but not post - I usually spend up to an hour a day reading this board, nothing compared to you I know.......Didn't manage much earlier today as I actually attended a game........

Over the last few years my posting rate is less than one a week.........Your 15 a day reflects how important you are here so there is little I can say.....despite the fact that I first posted here nearly 10 years ago......

I look foward to reading Rovers news here and being entertained by the dozen posters who I greatly enjoy......

All the best, tashor.................

Archived