BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Keith Andrews - Rovers Newest Signing

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough is enough. Keith Andrews is not good enough to be starting for us, he's not good enough for the bench, he's not good enough for the squad, and he's not good enough for this league. It's alright saying he's only a backup, but at some point the backup gets time on the pitch and each and every time he offers absolutely nothing.

Cmon Keith, you've had your fun, you got 18 months at a Premier League club playing with the big boys. No regrets, something to tell the grandkids..........now do the decent thing and (Please don't use that word again) off!

Enough is enough. Keith Andrews is not good enough to be starting for us, he's not good enough for the bench, he's not good enough for the squad, and he's not good enough for this league.

I said, Keef!

hurgh! Good God now

What is he good for?

Doing the dishes.

Say it again!

It should not be made personal, he does work hard at least.

The time to spare his feelings has gone. All I care about is the long term future of BRFC, and Keith Andrews playing for us is detrimental to that. If that makes him feel bad then I'm sure his bank balance (which he hasn't earned) will console him.

fact is we at least got some control of the match once he came on..the first 35 minutes without him was our worst spell of the game....wing play is the problem , along with Roberts, but I know Andrews will always be the scapegoat

Thats crap - look at the Diouf, Pedersen and Roberts threads today. Andrews is not a 'scapegoat' as that implies he gets unfair criticism. He's just nowhere near good enough, just like the other 3 mentioned.

fact is we at least got some control of the match once he came on..the first 35 minutes without him was our worst spell of the game....wing play is the problem , along with Roberts, but I know Andrews will always be the scapegoat

Yes of course dear.

Those nasty meanies having a go at Keith for not being able to pass in a straight line, running around like a clumsy arse, and generally making a muck-up of things.

Fancy singling someone out like that. It's escapegoatism.

Thats sort of true, we did look slightly better when he came on for Emerton and passed the ball a little more progressively.

However on the other hand he gave away the ball on four or five occasions under little pressure and completely failed to tackle anyone. It's just not teneble.

I have tonight watched Burnley, every one of their players passes the ball better than Andrews, I know thats not too difficult but I cannot see where any defence of this player comes from other than he runs (pretty ungamely) and works hard!! Surely to play at this level a player should be able to pass the ball, he is really unable to do that, even in a situation where he has acres of space!!

This lad, really should not be playing proffessional football at any level, he is simply not good enough and that is a fact, there are hundreds of lads playing the game who must cry just watching him, awful is being kind to the lad, dire is probably the correct word!!

Andrews played well in the 45mins that he had. Although he is obviously limited he gives 100% and has a good engine. I prefer him to the frankly abysmal Grella.

Grella is far too slow, gives away far too many fouls, never challenges a header and his passing is poor. Not what you would expect from a £4m player.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about. Sorry but any credibility that you may have had has now departed.

I have always been impressed with Grella, however it means nothing when 2/3rds of the time he's nursing some niggle (that ends up taking a month to heal).

He plays the holding role well, he's got good positional sense, gets stuck in, keeps his passing simple and the game moving. The fact he cost 4 million is neither here nor there 18 months down the line.

Andrews, well... err, well he's got a good engine, keeps on going, well so does a Toyato Prius but I wouldnt want that in the middle of the park either

It should not be made personal, he does work hard at least.

Have to say i'm disappointed with myself that i've spoken so negatively about Keith, when its not been his fault, as hes given his all, 100% effort and committment for Rovers whenever hes been playing.

I find this whole episode so sad, when winning became far too personal to this individual, just hope he can enjoy a better playing career elsewhere.

Everyone deserves the opportunity to play for Rovers, maybe if circumstances had been different then things would have been viewed differently for Keith Andrews especially from myself JAL.

Archived