BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beijing Olympics 2008

Will we win anything?

philips idowu, kelly sotherton, christine ohuruogu and nicola sanders are probably our best hopefuls for gold on the track and field.

paula radcliffe if she's fit has to put her nightmare behind her.

We usually do well in the water events and hopefully we will dominate the cycling.

With the air pollution, it's going to be extremely difficult for all athletes to deal with.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will we win anything?

philips idowu, kelly sotherton, christine ohuruogu and nicola sanders are probably our best hopefuls for gold on the track and field.

paula radcliffe if she's fit has to put her nightmare behind her.

We usually do well in the water events and hopefully we will dominate the cycling.

With the air pollution, it's going to be extremely difficult for all athletes to deal with.

Good thread Presty!

Everyone keep an eye on the cycling - The battles b/w Eng and Aus will be very good. Mark Cavendish (England) is one to watch in particular especially for the time trial and the road race.

Domination of the swimming will be down to the Yanks and the Skips. I'll be vey surprised if England dominates these events.

I agree the pollution is very bad. Most levels are seven times allowable standards and thats actually in the Cube!! China says its fog! :lol: Idiots! :angry:

Has the silly opening ceremony happened yet? They're usually a load of poop. The worst was Atlanta 1996, which must have lasted 6 hours, and had such a pathetic flame which looked like someone's gas hob. It lasted so long two coaches had a heart attack during the ceremony.

They have a lot of problem. but the Orpning ceremony is BEAUTIFUL (I'm watching on TV)

from ancient times to today... really wonderful show! (labor-intensive method... that's Chinese!)

Has the silly opening ceremony happened yet? They're usually a load of poop. The worst was Atlanta 1996, which must have lasted 6 hours, and had such a pathetic flame which looked like someone's gas hob. It lasted so long two coaches had a heart attack during the ceremony.

The main display has finished and it was truely staggering. If you missed it you missed out. Nothing silly about it.

Great display! Truel bloody brilliant - 2,008 drummers in sequence - only the chinese could pull that off! :wacko:

Anyone want to guess on the total of medals Phelps will take? Im for Six!!

Here is a fact I dont think any Olympics will surpass, total cost (incl infrastructure) = $40billion

A truly spectacular opening ceremony (if not a little too long)

The chinese certainly know how to put on a show

After wathcing the entire 4hr ceremony, i`ve come to the conclusion the Spanish team have by far the sexiest birds in their team!! :tu:

Sod Tibet! When does the womens beach volleyball start? ;)

Is GB allowed to field a football team yet?
Nope, cos we'd have to field a GB team in international tournaments too, which obviously would never happen.

As for dominating in the water events, I believe the poster was also referring to sailing and rowing, which we're pretty good at.

Are you ever happy about anything ? The opening ceremony was top drawer, we'll never top it in four year's time. Seriously, you even came out of 'Mamma Mia' with a long face ?

Is GB allowed to field a football team yet?

We are at the London olympics apparently , although the "jocks and sheep shaggers" haven't yet given their unqualified support for the idea .

It may be left to us limeys to put forward a team .

I even heard of a rumour of the game of cricket being suggested as an olympic sport :wacko:

We are at the London olympics apparently , although the "jocks and sheep shaggers" haven't yet given their unqualified support for the idea .

It may be left to us limeys to put forward a team .

I even heard of a rumour of the game of cricket being suggested as an olympic sport :wacko:

Cricket used to be wasn't it?

Yes, it was awesome, wasn't it, Dillo? Few tears in the eyes in the Roversmum household. Can't even imagine where we can start to produce anything near that.

Doesn't matter if it rains for the rest of the month here now, we'll be watching on tv - bring it on!

WOW! What an opening ceremony! The lighting of the olympic torch in itself was quite something else,i bet the London commitee are bricking themselves after that! :wacko:

With regards to medal prospects,i watched James Degale this morning win his first bout easily in the boxing so hopefully a medal there.

Are you ever happy about anything ? The opening ceremony was top drawer, we'll never top it in four year's time. Seriously, you even came out of 'Mamma Mia' with a long face ?

Yes, I absolutely hated Mamma Mia. 2 hours of Maryl Streep screeching at you, and watching some acting that would make Steven Segal embarrassed. I have had clinical depression since I was 13, so I guess being happy is rather difficult, although I enjoyed Dodgeball last night.

Anyway I saw the highlights last night and it actually looked good. Ours will be pants, full of pearly kings and queens, minis and Chaz and Dave. You know it will be ticking those stereotypical boxes and it will be a bit naff.

Cricket used to be wasn't it?

Yes many years ago...to be honest I do not see how it is any less appropriate than having Tennis, Rugby Sevens or Football in the games. None of them should really be there.

They will not get rid of the football however as it is the most attended single sport of them all I believe along with the Athletics and the Tennis gets big audience figures as well.

Not really in the Corinthian spirit however when the millionaire likes of Messi and Federer are appearing however!

Archived