BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beijing Olympics 2008

Isn't Tom Daley 14? They made a big drama about it.....

Yes and the British Olympic team asked the IOC for special dispensation, which they got. Lying on the other hand is completely different - Wouldn't you agree ?

EDIT: Btw - Apparently the Telegraph, did make a deal on it (see paragraph five) - Click me

Oh and this is the reason why the min age is 16.. well, supposedly 16. <_<

"The authorities reluctantly brought in a minimum age for gymnastics when scandal after scandal threatened to smear the sport irredeemably. One of the worst incidences was of a Romanian coach who was jailed for eight years after killing a 10-year-old in training"

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Players such as Flintoff are physically strong but his ability to hit a cricket ball a long way is down to timing and an extremely heavy bat.

My dear acne-ridden friend. Until I retired from playing 5 years ago, I played club cricket for more than 40 years. If you include school years, I played our glorious summer game for over half a century and loved every minute of it. So yes, I am speaking from experience.

Your middle stump has just been flattened and you're out for a golden duck.

Thanks for coming. See you next season.

Jim I realize the Alzheimer’s is playing havoc with your distorted old mind… but I would back myself against you in your pomp any day. Your stump would be cartweeeling to the boundary- either that or your head.

And for your info- I am not some spotted little teenager. I am going on 26.

As for comments on Freddie- He couldn’t time a ball to save his-. He like Klusaner before him are clubbers. If Flintoff could time a ball he wouldn’t be averaging 30 in tests

......... the very best players are not strong men who use the bat like a bludgeon but artistes such as Peter May, Tom Graveney, Ted Dexter, David Gower, and (in his pomp) Michael Vaughan......

Any Aussies in that list Jim? If not, why not?

Any truth in the rumour that Vaughan's middle name is Mallard?

Don't forget those stats I asked you for a few weeks ago! I expect you're still feverishly trying to find an English win! :lol:

Hawksby & Jacobs (talksport radio presenters) were talking about the syncronised swimming the other day.

They said the waif-like chinese team dived into the water without hardly making a splash, where-as when the British team entered the pool it was like throwing 5 sacks of cement in! :lol: lol

Hawksby & Jacobs (talksport radio presenters) were talking about the syncronised swimming the other day.

They said the waif-like chinese team dived into the water without hardly making a splash, where-as when the British team entered the pool it was like throwing 5 sacks of cement in! :lol: lol

Yeah the chinese never made much of a splash.

I think they are 4 foot 7 or something like that though, so it's not surprising.

Please, someone tell me they saw the Columbian weightlifter, Oscar Figueroa, slipping the bar seven times? :lol:

He looked like he has never lifted weights in his life. The poor bugger, you could tell he was so frustrated himself, but give him credit - he kept going back to it!

They only footage I can find, is this one youtube - Very amusing :)

Anybody watching the womens beach volleyball?? If not, you bloody should be! :blink::wub:

I was watching that the other morning whilst on the phone to my mum, I made a strange involuntary grunting sound when one of the women dived for it and immediately my mum asked 'are you watching the Olympics?'. Haven't been that embarrassed for a while.

Good day for team GB. :)

Men's 100m coming up soon. Can't for the life of me see Bolt getting beaten, he can do under ten seconds whilst looking like he's out jogging. :lol:

Should go very close, if not beat his own world record

Bolt has just smashed the 100M world record and he was already dancing when he crossed the line.

One of the great efforts that was.

Can he play right wing?

That was extraordinary. If he concentrated for the whole 100 metres he could get down to 9:65 and possibly even faster. There is nobody in his league and I expect the 200 metres record to also go.

That was extraordinary. If he concentrated for the whole 100 metres he could get down to 9:65 and possibly even faster. There is nobody in his league and I expect the 200 metres record to also go.

Stunning performance. Shame he only ran for 90m and didn't really go for a record that could stand for a very long time. Mid race he made the world class field look absolutely pedestrian.

Guest Kamy100

Great day for team GB, looks like more golds tomorrow.

100m was just awesome, it is one of those performances that people will remember for a lifetime. Could not believe what I was seeing at 90m, to destroy that field in that manner was awesome, he is deffo capable of of going sub 9.65.

Anyone want to guess on the total of medals Phelps will take? Im for Six!!

Congrats Mr Phelps! I was wrong on your six prediction.. He got 8 gold and this with the whole American team getting a total 12 gold. Note, this was out of the total of 32 events!

Btw - America topped the table in the pool overall, with Australia in 2nd and Japan coming 3rd.

Archived