BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beijing Olympics 2008

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not just have to regimes, one where drugs are not allowed and one where drugs are.

Some athletes could then push the boundaries of what the human body is capable of.

^_^

Would't make any difference. If the rewards were there competitors in the 'drugs not allowed' regime would still try to cheat wouldn't they.

Would't make any difference. If the rewards were there competitors in the 'drugs not allowed' regime would still try to cheat wouldn't they.

Very good point, I'd never thought of that when other people have suggested the same idea. There's also the fact that competitors in the 'drugs allowed' competitions would put so much strain on their body with steroids and what not that they'd be dropping like flies (just look at the Wrestling entertainment industry).

I ended up staying up for the duration of the 10km swim last night, it was quite enthralling. Britain's David Davies was leading for pretty much the whole thing, he put on a fantastic sprint with 1km or so to go and opened up a big lead. He then messed up by not swimming straight for the finish line though, he had to redirect with about 200m left and ended up being overtaken and finished with silver. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased, they didn't cross the line until around 3:50am, the race itself was a couple of minutes under 2 hours.

You can't begrudge Maarten van der Weijden for winning gold though, it's quite an amazing story. He was battling with leukaemia for a few years after being diagnosed in 2001, so to come back and win a gold in an endurance race is quite something. Almost like the Lance Armstrong of swimming.

What new formula is Australia using to get themselves above Britain today? medals per square inch of clothing? Number of letters in the sport name added to number of medals?

Using their favourite tactic in sporting defeat - pretending it's not happening.

Unlike Burnley the gap is widening.

Pretty pathetic last few comments. Nobody over here really gives a crap if Great Britain finishes above Australia on the medal table, except for the media and a few of those tools that think the world begins and ends at Sydney Harbour.

I just don't like seeing Americans win ;)

What new formula is Australia using to get themselves above Britain today? medals per square inch of clothing? Number of letters in the sport name added to number of medals?

I am surprised you can actually add or even undersrand a formula! :o:lol:

Using their favourite tactic in sporting defeat - pretending it's not happening.

Is that what you have been doing for the last twenty years Jim? :rolleyes: (Btw - that was last time GBR was above Australia, in the count)

Im not really bothered TBH - GBR did very very well in the cycling and that was the difference between the two really.

Pretty pathetic last few comments. Nobody over here really gives a crap if Great Britain finishes above Australia on the medal table, except for the media and a few of those tools that think the world begins and ends at Sydney Harbour.

Same here.

Also it's good to see those nasty Russians down in fourth on the medal table.

I tried explaining that earlier but they were just :huh:

I agree with the American comment, what Phelps did in the pool was absolutely awesome so I don't begrudge the that it is just nice to see the sprinters who are normally full of pomp and bluster get done by the Jamaicans

Don't like Bolt. Comes across as an ass and for some reason gets praised for being "relaxed" when he's obviously just totally full of himself. Phelps on the other hand took winning totally in his stride and obviously has his head on right, although I don't agree that he's the greatest ever olympian.

If you want to see what competing in an Olympics means; check out Anna Meares.

In January of this year was within millimetres of being a quadraplegic. She broke her back in a crash in a race in the US. She had to have everything done for her, couldn't walk, supposed to have only 5 minutes on her feet early in her rehabilitation. Got herself back and eventually got a silver.

In her semi, the chinese cyclist actually baulked her; she was disqualified for it.

John Coates (AOC president and IOC VP) puts her effort as one of the greatest ever by an Australian athlete in an Olympics. Can't disagree.

I am surprised you can actually add or even undersrand a formula! :o:lol:

Waaaah waaah waaah. One cheeky comment about Aussie media tools and you start the insults. Tell me, what have you achieved that is so great?

Mind you the petty name calling is an Aussie trait when things are not going their way..................

Waaaah waaah waaah. One cheeky comment about Aussie media tools and you start the insults. Tell me, what have you achieved that is so great?

Mind you the petty name calling is an Aussie trait when things are not going their way..................

Jog on muppet...

Btw - What have I achieved? Nothing great at all, but I am happy with life, travelled to most parts of the world & have a very well paid job for an Int'l bank... What about you?

EDIT: Back on topic;

IOC now investigating the Chinese gymnastics team, on underage gymnists..

Archived