SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hopefully primed and ready to replace Robinson next season.

I hope so. Not because I want Robinson replaced, but I think that some true competition for a starting position would cure many of the Rovers problems. Too many players are complacent, and I think it shows on the pitch.

Perhaps I should have said 'to compete'. I certainly don't want to get rid of Robbo as of yet, because he is still young for a goalie and is the best we can afford at the moment, imo at leats.

I would get rid of him asap if Bunn is as good as I have heard. Robinson is one of the worst we have had in the last 20 years. Only Collier and Fettis have been worse than him from those I can remember.

I would get rid of him asap if Bunn is as good as I have heard. Robinson is one of the worst we have had in the last 20 years. Only Collier and Fettis have been worse than him from those I can remember.

I believe we were spoilt by having a keeper like Friedel and this is tainting people's views of Robbo. There is no way he is a bad keeper. Of all the keepers in the Premier League right now, He'd only be behind Cech, VanDerSar, Reina, Given, Jaskalainen (sp?), Howard, James and Green imo.

I believe we were spoilt by having a keeper like Friedel and this is tainting people's views of Robbo. There is no way he is a bad keeper. Of all the keepers in the Premier League right now, He'd only be behind Cech, VanDerSar, Reina, Given, Jaskalainen (sp?), Howard, James and Green imo.

Plus FRIEDEL, Schwarzer, Sorensen and Gomes without a doubt. Probably Hart too.

Gomes is a very good keeper. Made some early cockups but has been generally very good since. You ask most Spurs fans and they're very happy with him. He's better than Robbo by some distance.

Yes he is. So is Hart. So are VDS, Cech, Reina, Green, James, Friedel, Given, Schwarzer, Sorensen, Kirkland and Jussi. I would say Robinson is in the poorest bracket of keepers in the league and is certainly worse than most of the first choice keepers we have had in the last 20 years. Gennoe, Filan, Kelly, Flowers and Friedel were much better than him...

Yes he is. So is Hart. So are VDS, Cech, Reina, Green, James, Friedel, Given, Schwarzer, Sorensen, Kirkland and Jussi. I would say Robinson is in the poorest bracket of keepers in the league and is certainly worse than most of the first choice keepers we have had in the last 20 years. Gennoe, Filan, Kelly, Flowers and Friedel were much better than him...

I must admit, I have only ever SEEN Friedel play for us, which is where my reasoning came from. I personally wouldn't have Kirkland, Gomez or Sorensen ahead of Robbo. That's just my opinion but Kudos to the rest, I guess.

Gomes is a very, very good keeper, and is slowly forcing himself into the top bracket of keepers in the league.

If Gomes is as good as you say, why is it Spurs are looking at Green, James and the Celtic keeper to replace him. If it was not for Cudicini's accident he would not be in Spurs' goal at the moment.

Archived