BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

Not suprised by that to be honest Rover6. Gally has had his head up his own backside for too long now. He really isnt good enough - he had the potential, but he wasted it!

Hopefully Judge continues to improve and we may get to see more of him at ewood next season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Maybe nothing in himself but it's well documented that without the loan we wouldn't have been able to afford Diouf and Givet and I know which I'd prefer

I know this is hindsight but with the squad being depleted right now ,how can a club like blackburn rovers afford to lend players out when there isnt enough left in the squad to for cover?????

if they are deemed not good enough get rid its not brain surgery.

PRAY TELL ME WHAT TREACY BRINGS TO THE TEAM AS OPPOSED TO THE LOANEES????

Abbey, I agree with you. When I saw Treacy play against Blyth it dawned upon me that this guy will never make it. Yes, I had advocated his promotion because I think the club should be rewarding good reserve seasons with first team chances. And he must have been doing something right because he was playing well for the reserves, Ireland U21s and Mark Hughes gave him his senior debut the season before.

However, the guy has not pushed on. He's had his chance, which is fine. However, he should not be used again. If we're lucky we may earn some money for him in the summer because of his Premier League appearances. That's the racket Sir Alex has been conducting for years (Simpson, Bardsley, Stewart etc)

We should look to trying to get Olsson, Doran and Gunning games as they are the guys who are doing well for the reserves. Olsson struggles to replicate that form to the firsts but I think that it is a case of confidence and not a shortage of ability. Trying him on the left wing may be the way to go. At left back, he does look very weak.

It's easy to mash youngsters who don't make an immediate impression. Especially as many seniors are playing so poorly. However, after giving someone a chance, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Young Doran did more in his cameo appearance than Treacy has or will ever do in a Rovers shirt.

Its time for a full overhaul of the club.

It is not going to be pretty but it is certainly required.

From top to bottom, the broom needs sweeping, the cobwebs need clearing and the spectres of Ince and Hughes need ridding from within the walls of Ewood Park.

ones to look out for:

Doran (can play anywhere across midfield)

Judge (centre or right mid)

Blackman (out and out striker)

Gunning (nelsen-esque defender who has some pace in his game too)

Andy Haworth (left mid or up front)

I've seen these guys numerous times in the reserves and truely believe they all have a little something to give to our squad. doran after one season of games (i believe) will allow us to sell pedersen. doran is the duffer, wicked shot, pacey, nice (altho not perfect) cross and an ability to create his own space.

Judge scored an apparently excellent goal in a MoM performance for Plymouth today.

Apparently, he has said that Plymouth want him there next season and he may consider it as, despite youngsters getting a look in at Rovers, he has been overlooked. However, Allardyce will obviously have his say in any proposed move.

I thought against Blyth that Judge looked a footballer and Treacy crap. Allardyce saw it differently.

Judge scored an apparently excellent goal in a MoM performance for Plymouth today.

Apparently, he has said that Plymouth want him there next season and he may consider it as, despite youngsters getting a look in at Rovers, he has been overlooked. However, Allardyce will obviously have his say in any proposed move.

I thought against Blyth that Judge looked a footballer and Treacy crap. Allardyce saw it differently.

Can't see us letting Judge go, he recently signed a new contract iirc and he looks a decent prospect. Gally on the other hand i think will go.

Can't see us letting Judge go, he recently signed a new contract iirc and he looks a decent prospect. Gally on the other hand i think will go.

I would get Gally back - at least he can take a free-kick and corner, unlike a certain vastly overrated Norwegian boy-band reject.

Seriously i haven't heard much about Doran. When he came on, i thought he looked like a hobbit (no disrespect to him) from Lord of The Ring.

A decent showing by him. Great turn by him which Alonso had to stop him by tackling him and earned himself a yellow card.

I would hardly call it a tackle, Doran must have been at least a yard in front of him and the ball even further, if Alonso had been last man that was a red.

Unknown quantities such as Doran & Villanueva could be just what we need to help steer us away from relegation.

We're doing a good job without the unknown quantities. Those two are still nowhere near being starters if everyone is fit, but the potential is definitely there.

Doran could still have a part to play this season, if from the bench.

I think Carlos should start, tbh. If Sam is gonna put an emphasis on set-piece ratios, he should play someone who can actually take them.

Its time for a full overhaul of the club.

It is not going to be pretty but it is certainly required.

From top to bottom, the broom needs sweeping, the cobwebs need clearing and the spectres of Ince and Hughes need ridding from within the walls of Ewood Park.

Can this really be the case? I know this season has been god awful but a year ago would you have still felt the club needed an overhaul? Forgive me if this is a long standing viewpoint you have held. I've not been posting long.

I agree that we haven't produced anything of real quality for a long time. Dunn and Duff i suppose were the last of any note. We all agree Ince was counter productive for us (putting it lightly), but i will say this much for him. He seemed to have a real desire to improve the quality of our youth team. Blackman and Banton were his and he was trying for Eccelston and another lad from Liverpool wasn't he? Maybe poaching other clubs young talent is our best shot as we can't seem to nurture much of our own.

On a seperate note, how has Johnny Flynn been doing? Didn't he come highly reccomended?

• 7 months later...

Went along to Brammall Lane for the first time today - Keith Treacy didnt feature til the last 10 mins and looked his usual lost self. Sheff United looked like a pretty limited team. However a small ray of sunlight on a absolutely horrendously rainy day was Bunn's performance. Safe hands, knew when to come and stay, and pretty much won the game by saving a penalty.

Archived