BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

Didnt know where to put this so thought we should have a seperate topic for our players out on loan and then we can keep track on their progress.

Jamie Clark has just scored one for Accy at Exeter.

Also does anyone have a list of which of our players are out on loan and at which club?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rostyn Griffiths is set to join Jamie Clarke at Accy next week, apparently.

Gallagher's on a season loan deal with Plymouth, with a January recall option for Ince.

Osahon Eboigbe (Macky) is on loan at Belgian second division team, OH Leuven, having been discarded by Cercle Brugge. [Work permit ploy]

Brothers, David and Janeil Hoillet, are at FC St Pauli, with David playing for the seniors and Janeil for the academy. [Work permit ploy]

Gunnar Nielsen's on bench-warming duty at Motherwell.

And I'm a sad loser for knowing some of this stuff.

I think Gallagher would've gone long ago if he didn't have such an affinity to his contract. The guy must be a total tool. Doesn't he look at that Scotland squad and think, I'm good enough to be in there - if I knuckle down?

Obviously not. I think it's fair to say that Derbyshire doesn't have as good technique and vision as Gallagher but puts what he has to good use.

I wonder what would've happened all those years back if Souness had awarded Gallagher a 2/3 year contract with performance related elements rather than the infamous 5 year deal.

(Sorry, this isn't a slag Gallagher thread...)

I think Gallagher would've gone long ago if he didn't have such an affinity to his contract. The guy must be a total tool. Doesn't he look at that Scotland squad and think, I'm good enough to be in there - if I knuckle down?

Obviously not. I think it's fair to say that Derbyshire doesn't have as good technique and vision as Gallagher but puts what he has to good use.

I wonder what would've happened all those years back if Souness had awarded Gallagher a 2/3 year contract with performance related elements rather than the infamous 5 year deal.

If you was earning £13k a week and you knew that your next move was'nt going to earn you anywhere near that kind of money would you be looking for a move ? You'd string it out for as long as is practically possible.

He was on 16k the last time I knew for sure, and that was about 4 years ago - so im sure its more than 13k

If so, then it will be an even bigger drop in wages for Paul Gallagher when he comes to make his next move away from the club, you'd want to hang onto that salary for as long as is possible wouldnt you.

• 2 weeks later...

come on then please tell us how you know gally doesnt "knuckle down" and do you know him personally to say he's a tool? are you privvy to his contract?

come on then please tell us how you know gally doesnt "knuckle down" and do you know him personally to say he's a tool? are you privvy to his contract?

Abbey, your post made me smile. If anyone but me had slagged off Gallagher, your response would've been something like:

GAlly waht a waster!!!!! We need to get rid off these wasters like MR I tthink I'm maradona gallager. We need players who love the rovers and want to die ffor the shirt. GET RID.

(Or do you have personal affiliations with the guy, cos normally you have no sympathy for 'wasters').

All I'm saying is that, from the facts, I can only infer that Gallagher is NOT applying himself 100% and is enjoying his lucrative contract at the expense of ambition. It's an opinion based on what I've read and seen. At Stoke, the fans complained that he did not show enough commitment despite his obvious promise. He's been at the club for how many years? We're still waiting for the 'Scottish Sheringham' to show himself and all those glowing words from the managers to come true.

How is it that Gary Teale (a desperate man's Keith Gillespie) has Scotland caps and Gallagher not one? Do you put that down to bad luck on Gally's part? Injuries? Prejudice?

Or do you put it down to the fact that the man is not putting in the effort to harness his considerable talent?

(He's started well at Plymouth under the ethereal management of Luggy Sturrock. Maybe the no-nonsense management that caused mayhem in the Southampton dressing room and brought mockery upon me, will finally open up the much-talked about talents of Mr Paul Gallagher.)

Gally's problem is that he just does not really fit anywhere exactly in the Prem. He has real quality on the ball and is an excellent finisher. But no pace and not much of a dribbler, and no physicality. I guess you could play him with someone like Roberts to do the running for him, and hope he finds that space between midfied and attack. But then if you have the likes of Cruz, Carlos and McCarthy doing the same or something similar you have to ask what really are his chances?

He has been used on the right in the past, and such is our lack of options there that he would probs get a shot, but realistically he has not got the pace to beat a full back or the muscle. And, unlike Pedersen who lacks those two things but is a real workhorse and quite physical plus decent in the air, you would worry about him losing his man and not tackling back effectively.

It will take a lazarus like recovery for gally to emerge at Rovers. Or Rovers getting relegated.

Apparently Gally has been playing in the 'hole' at Plymouth and their fans have been raving about his performances.

I think that is the position Souness had earmarked him to play in at Rovers. Unfortunatley Souness left at the wrong time for gally and hughes came in with a certain style of play which did not suit Gally.

He struggled to adapt to Hughes' style and so drifted. Maybe a good season in that position will rekindle Gally's football career and he come back with apoint to prove or we sell him for a good price.

There has to be a good reason why Rovers have not got shut of him before now like other youngsters

I'm usually the first to start leaping around screaming that a player's not getting a deserved chance.

However, it's wrong to suggest that Gallagher hasn't been given chances at Rovers. According to soccerbase, he's had 19 starts and 40 sub premier league appearances, scoring 6 goals. And that's not to mention his 5 FA Cup starts.

He didn't show enough when he did get those chances. And then, on loan, he's not done much apart from one season playing in a unorthodox left-wing position for a dismal Stoke City side.

I agree with everyone that he has talent but it's his attitude that will make or break him. So far, it's been breaking him.

(BTW Gallagher has zero Scotland caps. Gary Teale 10 caps - that should be haunting Gallagher's every minute, but I don't think it is).

Archived