BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Out On Loan

Hughesy

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on who we have - Yes I can see why he would be in that team. But if we have Roque & Benni back on form then there is no contest. Roberts for some reason seems like the managers favourite! Yes he tries hard, but he is just so poor at finishing. My Dog is more dangerous!

Based on who we have - Yes I can see why he would be in that team. But if we have Roque & Benni back on form then there is no contest. Roberts for some reason seems like the managers favourite! Yes he tries hard, but he is just so poor at finishing. My Dog is more dangerous!

especially around goalposts :P

:rover: i have always liked gally,surely giving him a few games after xmas is no loss,fowler how ever much we do not like it is here till xmas,hopefully gally will carry on playing and scoring for plymouth till then, and then carry on for us :unsure::brfc:

:rover: i have always liked gally,surely giving him a few games after xmas is no loss,fowler how ever much we do not like it is here till xmas,hopefully gally will carry on playing and scoring for plymouth till then, and then carry on for us :unsure::brfc:

He is not premiership standard in my opinion. he drifts in and out of games and usually seems to be out at important moments. I panic when i hear his name on the bench let alone in the team. I think Championship is his level. When he was younger I hoped he'd make it. Now I feel very strongly that he won't.

Four words: Jason Roberts & Robbie Fowler.

If those two are apparently good enough for our Premiership campaign, then I don't see why Gallagher isn't. He's younger, fitter, and scoring goals (albeit in the Championship). He has to be a serious option in January, if no one's firing and we can't sign anyone.

For those who wanted it.

Gally's Lob

A couple of mates are serious Plymouth fans and they think "he's Gravey". He's playing in his preferred role at Plymouth something I not sure he was afforded much with us recently (Thought Hughes played him on the right more often than not).

He's doing well at Plymouth scoring goals and has openly said he could leave Rovers. If he keeps playing like this then I would like to see him given a chance with us in that role. Everyone's always felt he had it in him so perhaps this will be the thing that kick-starts his career again. If he keeps scoring then Burley will come calling and that could be a real boost for him and then you never know.

I'd like to see Gally come good if only because my country needs a goal scorer!!

Ahh, I see where you're coming from now. We should have recruited a manager who is never wrong.

You seem to be developing a habit of putting words in peoples' mouths, I've noticed it a few times recently. That's not what was said at all.

I think Preston are being very clever in taking on Nolan. Irvine has made it clear that they are likely to look to do a permanent deal in January.

So, chances are, Irvine will not play Nolan much in the intervening period, so as not to inflate his transfer value.

• 3 weeks later...
Typical Gallagher. He has found his level.

Let him go for free, aslong as we have a 50% clause added on for any future sale.

We do usually have clauses in as a matter of course (esp home-grownies), sometimes for secondary sales too. Thorne, Beattie, Danns, Garner have been some of the more prominent but we could have got a third if Walters had gone too.

In reality though, most of the clauses we're likely to benefit from are only small transfers, or secondary sell-ons from the ex-Academy/reserve lads that get released (something like only two in last seasons haven't been found a club).

In Gally's case, although we've spent enough money on a long contract and nice cars but have been fortunate to have had him out loan to get the expense covered on the whole.

I'd still like to think we recoup some money on him though come January; we've clearly got the stones going over what we brought in for Kuqi and Jeffers, who were free-transfers B)

Ah young love

Well it sounds like plymouth are going to be interested, although I'm not sure they could afford him. Given that we are now playing more and more with a hole player, should Gally be given one last chance? His performances at plymouth have been impressive and everyone is shocked he's accutually there, most fans feel he's too good for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if there where to be one or two bids for him in Jan. There are one or two clubs in the championship with some dollar behind them who could possibly move for him. What do you guys think?

Archived