BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal Preview

Eddie

Last time we had internationals, all I read/heard from our manager was a constant moan prior to the match about how he could not work with his players (which continued post match and used as an excuse for a poor performance).

Wonder if we will hear the same again before/after Arsenal.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some good points there 1864roverite, in particular about Roque. I know a lot of players play with tweaks and strains but unless he is 100% fit i would not risk playing him.

I'd rather get him 100% fit for the game against Fulham, which should be a far more winnable game on paper (no offense ffan) and one we should aim to win.

Well the good news is that Paraguay played last night, 24 hours before anyone else and that Roque played.

Roque played for Paraguay last night, doesn't necessarily mean that he is 100% fit though...

Then there is the issue of travelling back from South America in terms of fatigue and jet lag.

I think I would rest him against Le Arse.

Saw on SSN the tackle on Roques ankle in which he held grimacing, would be very suprised if he lasts lfor any length of time saturday or if he appears at all.

I'd probably rest RSC aswell to get him fully fit for next week against Fulham.

It might be worth packing the midfield with Reid, Dunn, Mokena, Andrews, Pederson and playing Roberts in a lone forward role.

I'd also move Emerton back to right back.

A heroic performance from Robinson - shoving the Arsenal fan's taunts in their faces.

A tight battle in midfield giving our newcomers the chance to impress in front of the home faithful.

Any chance that we get will need to be taken.

It's going to be close but I reckon we'll stuff 'em about 10 - 0.

I'd probably rest RSC aswell to get him fully fit for next week against Fulham.

It might be worth packing the midfield with Reid, Dunn, Mokena, Andrews, Pederson and playing Roberts in a lone forward role.

I'd also move Emerton back to right back.

Roque is fit and will want to play against Arsenal. He is probably back and should play and not be rested. We should try to win every game and without him we have no shot.

Archived