BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gordon Brown

he really cant be any worse than the shower that is in supposed charge at the moment. But to be fair, a paper bag full of rotting fish wouldnt be doing a worse job than this current shower.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bryan you're an intelligent enough chap to know I'm saying the country does not know what Cameron's policies are because he doesn't have any. One can't make choices about the Tories when they will not offer policy. That is the Conservatives fault not mine.

Blimey Paul New Labours policies of robbing the average working bloke over the past decade make Prince John and the Sherrif of Nottingham look benevolent.

As I arrived home at 8.00pm yesterday the first person I saw was Chris France (22 years old), the Labour candidate, tramping the seats with some young supporters.

Dealing was he? I hope you took the Wickeds and Vodka off em!

General Electons are slightly different in that party policy differences come much more into play.

I can think of some decent Tory MPs but Cameron getting a big majority is a truly horrific proposition in my eyes.

Easy solution there isn't it ..... don't vote for him. :closedeyes:

And just you think yourself lucky to be living in a sham of a democracy like ours where the ordinary thinking / business / working / married / responsible parent / law abiding mans vote is worth exactly the same as some drug dealing scroat whose fathered 6 kids with 6 different slags, paid no tax and spent half his adult life in the nick and the other half on benefits. That sort of thing cannot be allowed to continue if we are to move forward and improve this country.

And just you think yourself lucky to be living in a sham of a democracy like ours where the ordinary thinking / business / working / married / responsible parent / law abiding mans vote is worth exactly the same as some drug dealing scroat whose fathered 6 kids with 6 different slags, paid no tax and spent half his adult life in the nick and the other half on benefits. That sort of thing cannot be allowed to continue if we are to move forward and improve this country.

Ah just remembered why I don't vote Conservative. Only those who pay tax get a vote? How many decades since that was abolished.

Bryan you're an intelligent enough chap to know I'm saying the country does not know what Cameron's policies are because he doesn't have any. One can't make choices about the Tories when they will not offer policy. That is the Conservatives fault not mine.

They do have policies, although they aren't going to be very popular. They need to wait until they get elected.

It will be something along the lines of "A MASSIVE CUT IN PUBLIC SPENDING, AS WE HAVE *** ALL LEFT".

Whereas Labour will probably promise to carry on spending like a WAG.

I am hopeful that all those who complain in this thread voted at the last election.

If you didn't, don't complain, put up with your own apathy, you deserve every bit of pain. The interest you showed back then is now biting you on your arse.

Finally, Gordon, if this sort of thing cannot be allowed to continue if you are to move forward and improve your country, I'll be interested to see if your name comes up on the list of those putting themselves forward to do just as you suggest.

Finally, Gordon, if this sort of thing cannot be allowed to continue if you are to move forward and improve your country, I'll be interested to see if your name comes up on the list of those putting themselves forward to do just as you suggest.

I just saw something pink go flying past.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

We could have a tiered voting system, where if you have committed a crime or have < 70 IQ you only get one vote, no crime/ IQ (70/120) is two votes and if you earn over £100k per year or have IQ > 120 you get three votes. Bliss. It would ensure that no BNP MPs were ever elected.

Or maybe we could just keep everybody equal, as that is what democracy is based on.

I am hopeful that all those who complain in this thread voted at the last election.

If you didn't, don't complain, put up with your own apathy, you deserve every bit of pain. The interest you showed back then is now biting you on your arse.

Sorry. Can't afford the drop in salary.

Ah just remembered why I don't vote Conservative. Only those who pay tax get a vote? How many decades since that was abolished.

Nah don't flatter yourself........it's more likely that your father voted Labour.

Nah don't flatter yourself........it's more likely that your father voted Labour.

I don't, he didn't, both my parents were blue blooded Conservatives.

I see you're still wheedling this tired old line out.

If I don't like the way someone is driving the bus, do I have to drive it myself or am I allowed to complain? I can't agree with it at all, sorry.

And in this country we're not obligated to vote. A no vote is a vote in itself in my book.

Rubbish, Bryan, a failure to vote says it all, you can't be arsed, it means you don't care, and if you don't care, how can you complain?

If you cared, you'd do something.

Go and vote, vote informal, tell them what you think on your ballot, at least the scrutineers will know what people are thinking and if there are enough like minded people, it will get back to those that might do something.

I agree Dave. I have voted at every opportunity since I was 18. People have died for this right. I think it sullys their memory otherwise.

You aren't supposed to like who you are voting for. Just dislike them less than the rest.

Rubbish, Bryan, a failure to vote says it all, you can't be arsed, it means you don't care, and if you don't care, how can you complain?

Go and vote, vote informal, tell them what you think on your ballot, at least the scrutineers will know what people are thinking and if there are enough like minded people, it will get back to those that might do something.

Nonsense. No one should be compelled to vote. I voted yesterday but I respect the right of others who choose not to do so. It's called freedom and democracy.

Meanwhile the BNP have scored their first victory...... in Padiham.

Well I think you're talking rubbish.

A failure to vote says you reject all the choices on offer. In fact it's not a failure, it's a choice not to.

Do you really believe that fouling your balklot paper will achieve anything? There's millions of them for goodness sakes. What more does it achieve than writing into a newspaper, going on a protest march, or anything of that nature?

It's pointless.

I don't live in a fascist state so I'm not forced to vote. Maybe if voter turnout gets so low it's embarrassing maybe then they'll listen to the people. But spoiling your paper doesn't affect turnout and achieves no more (probably less) than abstaining.

Politicians are desperate fo rpeople to vote because it validates their worthless existence. I say ###### to them.

Probably the most stupid post I have read on here.

Perhaps BMW drivers and people with 5 toilets should be disenfranchised too.

Our government system is pretty amazing as it stands. Loads of areas it can be massively changed of course, and are clearly imperfect (expenses, no democracy in the Lords etc.).

But the baseline of comparison - which is the only way you can judge anything - shows it stands up as well as anything that has ever been used by anybody. That includes all the modern governments running in the world today (France, Ireland, Russia, USA, China, whatever) or in history (yes our governement today in passing out the will of the people as a whole is far better than it was under Churchill or Disraeli or Gladstone, great men that they were).

We are freer, have a higher standard of welfare, greater peace, greater wealth creation. The one area that does worry me is that there is a lower standard of social mobility. So its not all roses.

Howevr uts a decent system that needs to be updated continually. It stuns me that people have so little belief in it when it has delivered everything, and I mean everything, that allows this country to operate and provide such a high standard of living.

People's attitude to it is far more worrying to me than the actual mechanics of it. There is such a low standard of self worth in this country, and many other countries in the west. The psychology of it is bizarre.

Are you seriously suggesting that those who 'lean to the Left' are more likely to be racist and hate-filled :!: ... if you are I suggest you start reading the Daily Mail ... 'the voice of the Right'.

No, ES I am just telling of my experiences. I was involved with the Trade Unions for several years, and indeed ran a very successful Branch, and the worst of it was there, in the wider Union. (I can arrange my own reading, thanks, I wouldn't dream of telling you what to read).

Paul, having worked in a department dealing with benefits for those with special needs and disabilities, I am aware that things have changed a great deal, indeed at one time youngsters like Tom would have been shut away in some dreadful 'home' or other. This was the case for many years and my own mother was locked away for the last years of her life because of suffering a nervous breakdown. In the 80s the thinking gradually began to change and people were 'released' from such establishments without the necessary support and it caused much suffering. Things are gradually beginning to swing so that the most vulnerable members of our society receive help, but unless you have a 'label' - i.e. a visible condition or one that is realatively easy to diagnose, the help is still not forthcoming.

They do have policies, although they aren't going to be very popular. They need to wait until they get elected.

It will be something along the lines of "A MASSIVE CUT IN PUBLIC SPENDING, AS WE HAVE *** ALL LEFT".

Whereas Labour will probably promise to carry on spending like a WAG.

Of course they have policies; it’s just that hard-core labour voters have fallen “hook line & sinker” for spin rather than the truth. The question you should be asking is what the current government’s policies are? Apart from mutiny, revenge & back-stabbing.

Here are a few: (Taken from Conservative parties’ website)

• Maintaining the same levels of expenditure in the NHS

• Cutting public spending on Benefits

• Scrapping ID cards

• Placing a limit on Immigration

• introduce a dedicated Border Police Force

• scrap stop and search forms and cut bureaucracy

• Scrap Labor’s disastrous policy of early release,

• Every claimant potentially able to work will be engaged in welfare to work activities aimed at helping them back into work as quickly as possible

• Those not willing to take part will face tough sanctions

• Greater use of direct payments and individual budgets, which give people real control over their care.

• Build a high-speed rail line connecting London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds with the Continent through the Channel Tunnel.

• Cancel all moves to a third runway at Heathrow.

• freeze council tax for two years by reducing wasteful spending on advertising and consultancy in central government

• Cut the main rate of corporation tax to 25p and the small companies' rate to 20p

• Abolish Stamp Duty for nine out of ten first-time buyers and raise the Inheritance Tax threshold to £1 million. Both of these changes will be funded by a flat-rate charge on non-domiciles

• Offering English language instruction for all to cement the English language as the bedrock of our national identity

• Tackling unacceptable cultural practices, such as forced marriage and female genital mutilation

but unless you have a 'label' - i.e. a visible condition or one that is realatively easy to diagnose, the help is still not forthcoming.

I know and your right. Which is a shame on all concerned. I'm glad you agree progress has been made. In truth it matters little if it was a Labour or Conservative administration so long as our children and all who need this care receive it. We just have to keep fighting the system.

I agree Dave. I have voted at every opportunity since I was 18. People have died for this right. I think it sullys their memory otherwise.

You aren't supposed to like who you are voting for. Just dislike them less than the rest.

I'm with you on that. I've voted every time I've been able to for the last 35 years. If you don't like what politicians do then the ballot box is your only real chance to say so. I spend a lot of time in PSE lessons explaining to kids how lucky they are to be able to vote in what are generally free and fair elections. I don't believe it should be compulsory to vote because I think it should be self evident that you should want to. It's the lack of action by those who could vote that allows obnoxious minority parties to gain seats. I would never forgive myself if my non-voting allowed the BNP to gain a single seat, for example. for others it might be other parties that they would rather see kept out of mainsteam politics. But if you don't vote it can easily happen.

I've voted at every opportunity since i was 18 as well and proud of that fact.

Archived