BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music At Rovers

Is it me are does all the music at the rovers seem the same.Its either final countdown, that opera song, the wild rover or the carnival song.

Can we now buy some new music please.

Thought the wild Rovers song was quite good today came over very good but the reaction from the crowd was disappointing to say the least, the feel good factor is definitely absent amongst Rovers fans presently.

Is it me are does all the music at the rovers seem the same.Its either final countdown, that opera song, the wild rover or the carnival song.

Can we now buy some new music please.

On a similar note, the PA system could do with sorting out. The cones in the existing speakers must have ripped as it's seriously distorted.

Another idea, as seen at night cricket, would be for each player to have their own 10sec music and a video montage on the big screen to run out to before the warm up.

3 moaning, whiney arsed threads from you. Is there anything you like at Rovers? Here's some suggestions for some more - you clearly like a good moan

- the pies

- the people that serve the pies

- the seats are too hard

- the people behind me smell

- Jack's statue is too big

- Jack's statue is too small

Jeez, why do you bother going?

I had no problem with the song itself but the volume :o

1. No good when you are still half-pi**ed from the night before. :wacko:

It was as if they were trying to force us into singing along to it which was never going to happen, 2. if Rovers fans want to sing then we will sing when we feel like it! :P

1. A good reason for being conservative with the booze! <_<

2. Yes, we noticed that yesterday :unsure:

edit: incidentally - (not you, bacup, the moaners about the music) what songs would you suggest, and have you written to Radio Rovers/the Club suggesting them? Thought not...

3 moaning, whiney arsed threads from you. Is there anything you like at Rovers? Here's some suggestions for some more - you clearly like a good moan

- the pies

The pies have gone crap since they switched to the ones in the plastic bag packaging they come in.

I got cheese and onion yesterday and it was really thin. Not good at all.

Bring the old pie caterers back.

- the pies

- the people that serve the pies

- the seats are too hard

- the people behind me smell

- Jack's statue is too big

- Jack's statue is too small

Jeez, why do you bother going?

The fat bloke on my left who makes the seating cramped.

I had no problem with the song itself but the volume :o

No good when you are still half-pi**ed from the night before. :wacko:

It was as if they were trying to force us into singing along to it which was never going to happen,if Rovers fans want to sing then we will sing when we feel like it! :P

Probably took the idea from Celtic, where they play "It's a grand old team" and "You'll never walk alone" just before the teams come out and everyone joins in. However this is Blackburn and we're not joiners.

I agree with you. Rovers's music selections are not so good.... to be honest, that's bad.

However, at the same time, I think It's very British.

If all supporters dislike the music/sound, why we didn't change it by ourselves?

It's easy way to flout the PA music, then make music with ourselves, and the creates splendid atmospheres.

(I think The stadium is not a theme park. All is not prepared if I pay money. )

--- For example, it is Shimizu S-Pulse. they changed PA by club-side.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=xwGv0G-DtHw&...feature=related

This is the chorus that is just before that a player comes out to the pitch. hand-crapping sounds echoes in the stadium whole, and it is a very splendid atmosphere.

*Shimizu S-PULSE supporters is a little bit special in J-League.

Supporters organizes a Samba-rythem section. It plays Samba before the match. it makes great atmosphere.

see >> http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=qG2RDR6kOWE&...feature=related

What's wrong with running onto the pitch to Cradle of Filth?

Actually I'd prefer a mix like Echo and the Bunnymen, The Who, Metallica or Iggy and the Stooges. Raw Power would be great.

You can have that, put your mp3 player, with headset on as the teams come out :tu:

Archived