BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Crap From Hughes

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is an incredible statement from Hughes. Who exactly was top quality in the Wales squad? Bellamy maybe? I believe he played for you at Blackburn too Hughesy.

Giggs, Hartson, Speed I guess. Other than Giggs none that would have been too grand for Rovers. Maybe he meant his playing days but even so then I can only really think of Southall and Rush who were special.

Surely he wasn´t referring to Dean Saunders??? :P

I was a bit angry when I first read this. But at the end of the day, Hughes could not keep pulling rabbits out of the hat. He did remarkably well in his tenure here, and it saddens me when I read so called fans having a go at him and also having a go at the type of football we played under him.

At least, when he was manager, I had some pride in the performance of our players. They were fit, gave it their all and we were competitive as a team. Plus the fact we usually had a decent game plan against the better teams in this league.

I think we are harshly going to find out this season how good he was for us..........

To be honest, he seemed to lose interest after he got that cursed Manager of the Month award. Rather unkind to keep having a pop at us, though, I thought better of Mark and am very disappointed in him. He's got his money and his "big" - ha! club now so he can get on with it as far as I'm concerned.

I'll always remember the good times - the 4-3 win against Manure, Benni's wonder goal against Arsenal, the European trips and the Cup Semi though, and the bad, Coventry, Birmingham last day of the season, etc.

To be honest, he seemed to lose interest after he got that cursed Manager of the Month award. Rather unkind to keep having a pop at us, though, I thought better of Mark and am very disappointed in him. He's got his money and his "big" - ha! club now so he can get on with it as far as I'm concerned.

I'll always remember the good times - the 4-3 win against Manure, Benni's wonder goal against Arsenal, the European trips and the Cup Semi though, and the bad, Coventry, Birmingham last day of the season, etc.

He may have his big club money etc, but he is also working for owners that will make City an openly racist club ie not recognising Isreal.

how are the PL going to justify that in their fit persons criteria ?

:rover:

He may have his big club money etc, but he is also working for owners that will make City an openly racist club ie not recognising Isreal.

Given the amount of money that the arabs are talking about 'investing' in the Prem, I'm sure that they'll find a way Yoda. :rolleyes:

This is what you are up for......

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/general/10244672.html

Parent in UAE complains at sale of poster with Israeli flag

Ras Al Khaimah: An Emirati parent has complained to the authorities about school maps showing the flag of Israel.

The parent had purchased the map board in the market in Al Jolan area. The board was for her daughter to make a class presentation, he said.

The parent submitted the board as evidence and guided officials from the Department of Economic Development to the place where he bought it.

Taking measures

A senior official at the Department said this issue will be investigated and necessary measures will be taken. The official declined to elaborate on such measures but confirmed that Israeli products or products that show the Israeli flag or the Star of David are not allowed in the UAE.

A source said the spread of products that show the Israeli flag does indicate normalisation of ties with Israel.

He stressed that regardless of the repeated attempts of many countries to penetrate the UAE markets with Israeli products and others which display the Israeli flag or Star of David, Emirati society refuses to interact or recognise Israel

About Hughes, his statement is absolutely false as I cant think of any class players he had at Wales, that were "too good" for Blackburn.....

All the more reason to boo the hell out of him when he returns.

There is no reason whatsoever to boo Hughes on his return.

He did a fantastic job with for us, and for that he deserves respect.

He had the opportunity to move on to a bigger club, with the prospect of plenty of transfer funds. It's a no brainer really.

Maybe, he is just telling it as it is - get over it!

You know what, many Rovers fans do my head in with this childish mentality. How many more heroes and legends are we going to turn against, or have them turn against our club because of this small-minded attitude.

He's putting the boot in with very available oppurtunity - lost all my respect with the whole RSC bidding farce to make his then financially-strapped team look like they were in the market for signings.

The fact he hasn't had a good word to say about us since he left sums him up - i'll happily boo him. Appreciate the work he did at Rovers, but he's out of order with his quips and digs. Very unprofessional, he knows JW and co won't bite back.

I hope it all goes horribly wrong for him at COMS when Abu Dhabi want big returns on their large investments.

Stop being so paranoid! Look at what he actually said (below) and you will see he didn't even mention us - the [blackburn] is added by the journo. Besides the statement is not far from fact.

"One of the main reasons I came here was the anticipation of going into these games with top, top quality players," said Hughes, as he looked forward to Chelsea's visit in the League tomorrow. "I missed that, I had it as a player and to a certain extent with Wales but at club level [with Blackburn] I never really had that."

I think all the hysteria over Man.City's takeover has gone to Hughes' head, which surprises me because I always saw him as a down-to-earth kinda guy. He's already been boasting that the top four managers are jealous of him, and now he's taking another dig at the club that gave him his chance in the Premiership.

when he was here MH did well very well for us, however there was and is no need for MH to state such comments about our club.

Correct des,Hughes was given all the help we could offer on and off the pitch when at Ewood,why the hell does he feel the need to come out with this stuff,does he not think? where's the mutual respect?

:angry2:

• Backroom
He's only saying the truth really BUT I'd like him to continue in that vein and confess to all that in reallity he'd dropped a complete career bollock during the summer and how bloody lucky he is that the Ayrabs turned up completely out of the blue.

Gord, he's hardly going to do that, until he's at his NEXT club now is he? :P

He might have more immediate concerns than Middle East politics, if Nicko's sources are correct.........

14 September 2008

A SHEIKH TO CITY'S BID PLAN

By Alan Nixon

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

Archived