BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Crap From Hughes

Can you please remind me of Hughes' first four results as Rovers manager? If that's anything to go by then Ince comes out on top.

Pathetic that fans like us maul Newcastle fans for expecting too much, too soon, being too impatient, etc., when fans like YOU behave the same way. Get real, John, et al. If we want our board or club to end up in the state that Newcastle's is in then may the boo-boys continue. Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

I am just getting tired of reading the stick Hughes keeps getting. He more than proved himself to be a good manager with us. As for the type of football we played under him, I think we will find out that it is not easy to play exciting football and finish high up the table.

Whilst I don't like it, we have got accept that generally a lot of people don't care about our football club. That is what Hughes is referring to, that there was no spotlight or hype on matches whilst he was here.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess Hughes must've forgot about his "I've played with some great goalkeepers, but Brad is right up there with Schmeichel and Southall" and his constant praise of Tugay being one of the best players he's ever worked with.

Because that's immaterial when you're signing world-class mercenaries who can't even remember what team they've signed for. :rolleyes:

He might have more immediate concerns than Middle East politics, if Nicko's sources are correct.........

14 September 2008

A SHEIKH TO CITY'S BID PLAN

By Alan Nixon

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

Somewhat inevitable that they'd end up shafting Shinawatra. Why should they pay top dollar? He's between a rock and a hard place.

Similarly I'd guess DIC are patiently waiting to get Lpool on the cheap from the yanks. 'Money goes to money' as they say.

He might have more immediate concerns than Middle East politics, if Nicko's sources are correct.........

14 September 2008

A SHEIKH TO CITY'S BID PLAN

By Alan Nixon

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_...-name_page.html

I still don't understand why Nicko's thread was closed. He still used to fill us in on the gossip etc out of the transfer season so it wasn't just about that.

There is no reason whatsoever to boo Hughes on his return.

He did a fantastic job with for us, and for that he deserves respect.

He had the opportunity to move on to a bigger club, with the prospect of plenty of transfer funds. It's a no brainer really.

Maybe, he is just telling it as it is - get over it!

You know what, many Rovers fans do my head in with this childish mentality. How many more heroes and legends are we going to turn against, or have them turn against our club because of this small-minded attitude.

Not suggesting that you did, but did you turn on Souness when Rovers started to struggle a bit? It seemed to be the done thing to do, at least on this mb. The attempts to diminish his achievements, and now seemingly the same being done to Hughes here, seemed extremely childish. And quite a lot of the vitriol came from posters known to be age mature.

I refuse to believe the prevalent views of this mb are representative of the rest of the clubs support.

Not suggesting that you did, but did you turn on Souness when Rovers started to struggle a bit? It seemed to be the done thing to do, at least on this mb. The attempts to diminish his achievements, and now seemingly the same being done to Hughes here, seemed extremely childish. And quite a lot of the vitriol came from posters known to be age mature.

I refuse to believe the prevalent views of this mb are representative of the rest of the clubs support.

For me there's absolutely no comparison between Souness and Hughes.

Souness deserved every bit of criticism he got imo for bringing the club to it's knees both on and off the pitch with performances and many of his transfer dealings. And yes he was good for three seasons before that.

Hughes's record was beyond reproach, he inherited a shipwreck off Souness and left us with a squad worth infinitely more than the one he took over.

Nevertheless I think Hughes constant jibes about us since he left are completely unnecessary. Seeing as we never had any "top quality" players at Ewood he sure as hell seemed keen enough to sign Friedel and RSC. And when he was with Wales he sure as hell didn't turn us down because he wanted to continue working with a better quality of player.

I'll always be greatful to Hughes, did an excellent job at the club. But his outrageous hypocrisy has shocked me.

At Rovers he was constantly complaining about how uncompetitive the league was, how it was a procession etc. Now hes at City, he claims the Premier League IS competitive with FOUR or FIVE clubs with a chance of winning it. WOW?!?!?!?!? A quarter of the competitors have a chance of winning it, what a product!

Nevertheless I think Hughes constant jibes about us since he left are completely unnecessary. .

His jibes at Rovers puzzle me too.

It seems to me he either had rows over lack of funding and was genuinely disappointed that he could not carry on his good work or he had problems with certain board members and he is looking to get back at them in some way.

Either way it does him no credit ; I thought he had more intelligence, and class.

Hughes's record was beyond reproach, he inherited a shipwreck off Souness and left us with a squad worth infinitely more than the one he took over.

Hughes knew we needed at least six new signings this summer to continue to progress. The 10M transfer kitty clearly wasn't enough, hence the fact he couldn't wait to jump ship at the first offer that came his way.

The guy wasn't of the opinion that his management skills could get the best out of the present playing staff, he wanted the easy option, the ability to buy a team full of top players.

The 10M transfer kitty clearly wasn't enough, hence the fact he couldn't wait to jump ship at the first offer that came his way.

The way things have panned out I'd say it was extremely unlikely we ever had a 10m pre sales transfer pot but that's probaby a debate for another thread.

His 'top players' jibe is taking the Michael a bit too far. How many international players did we have in our squad last season? And how many 'top players' did City have when he walked in through the door there? Certainly no more than us.

Other than Robinho, who's just gone for the money (seen as he thought he'd gone to Chelsea), he's not bought anyone yet, and he might find that all these 'top players' are a little hard to come by because until they've actually WON anything, Man City are not a big name in world football. Yet.

Hopefully it'll all go tits up for Hughes before they are and he'll regret opening his big mouth. However, all being Rovers fans here, we know there's no justice in the world.

OMG Rovers fans are amazing <_<

Our ex-manager, who owes this club for providing the platform for him to put himself in a position to be considered for "top" jobs, publicly has a pop at Rovers and there are apologists on here that say we are paranoid, that he didn't mean it, that we are reading it wrong etc

On the other hand, we are more than happy to want the board to sack our existing manager 4 games in and many on here are not even prepared to give him a chance.

Beggars belief

Our ex-manager, who owes this club for providing the platform for him to put himself in a position to be considered for "top" jobs, publicly has a pop at Rovers and there are apologists on here that say we are paranoid, that he didn't mean it, that we are reading it wrong etc

On the other hand, we are more than happy to want the board to sack our existing manager 4 games in and many on here are not even prepared to give him a chance.

Beggars belief

Well said mate. Some of our fans wouldnt look out of place at Newcastle or West Ham. Others have said 'what quality players do Wales have'. I ask the same about Man City (at the point that he became manager which is what is being refered to). Not many at all as they finished below us yet again! Hughes, is a pathetic little Welshman-angry that we didnt cave in and donate RSC to the nutters at City. I hope gets sacked off Man City as soon as possible, I have no respect for him whatsoever.

His jibes at Rovers puzzle me too.

It seems to me he either had rows over lack of funding and was genuinely disappointed that he could not carry on his good work or he had problems with certain board members and he is looking to get back at them in some way.

Either way it does him no credit ; I thought he had more intelligence, and class.

Thats my opinion entirely Jim. I'm certain that the selling of Sav and the subsequent failure to replace him with Huddleston / Koumas was the start of the rot. Hughses buying record was excellent and he had put literally many millions into the squad value yet it seems he was not backed when he needed it. I've said before that I'd noticed that his touchline demeanor changed dramatically from January forward. From being usually stood pitchside most matches like a General leading from the front he looked more often than not just well p1ssed off.

Beggars belief

Oh come on! Its a postscript to an article that probably 3 men and a dog would have read under normal circumstances. He has hardly gone to town on the club in that article. He hasnt even mentioned out name. The witch-hunt is preposterous. BTW we have MUCH bigger problems on our doorstep that need serious attention. Forget about Hughes and City FFS!

lost all respect for Hughes

when he was here MH did well very well for us, however there was and is no need for MH to state such comments about our club.

Agree 100% - if he gets booed on his return then so be it. Just hope we can stuff his words down his cocky mouth

Oh come on! Its a postscript to an article that probably 3 men and a dog would have read under normal circumstances. He has hardly gone to town on the club in that article. He hasnt even mentioned out name. The witch-hunt is preposterous. BTW we have MUCH bigger problems on our doorstep that need serious attention. Forget about Hughes and City FFS!

"One of the main reasons I came here was the anticipation of going into these games with top, top quality players," said Hughes, as he looked forward to Chelsea's visit in the League tomorrow. "I missed that, I had it as a player and to a certain extent with Wales but at club level [with Blackburn] I never really had that."

Whether he mentions our name is irrelevant. How many other club sides has he managed? The inference is clear. It's an unnecessary and snide remark made in a national newspaper and shows a lack of respect for the foundation of his so-far successful club managerial career. He didn't have to say it did he? He could have stopped after the first sentence.

And finally, you want to get some perspective mate. Apparently an interview in a national newspaper is "3 men and a dog" and 20 posts on a small provincial message-board is a witch-hunt! How's that work then?

Hughes really must put a sock in it. Let's remember that he was paid very well for during his time at EP. No-one forced him to take the job, or forced him to stay. He seems to have got bored and was willing to join the fist 'big' club that fancied him. Hughes should have some respect for a small town community club swimming in a sea of big city outfits with billionaire backers. Hughes has no class, as I think Jim said, and sooner or later he'll be down with the little people again.

Hughes really must put a sock in it. Let's remember that he was paid very well for during his time at EP. No-one forced him to take the job, or forced him to stay. He seems to have got bored and was willing to join the fist 'big' club that fancied him. Hughes should have some respect for a small town community club swimming in a sea of big city outfits with billionaire backers. Hughes has no class, as I think Jim said, and sooner or later he'll be down with the little people again.

Football really is a remarkable game. Players and managers are payed unthinkable amounts and are adored by the fans and yet they always show a lack of respect. Bentley's mystery calf injuries that kept him out of our pre season matches are a case in point. Fancy being payed £40 grand a week and not turing up for work! These guys have incredible ego's!

Im not entirely sure that Mark is bad mouthing the club, but he has harldy showered us with praise for the money and opportunities we offered him. It doesnt take much to say a few good things about our family club and give us a bit of positive publicity.

Considering Hughes signed the majority of players currently in the squad it is a bit rich for those kind of comments.

Bellamy, Cruz, McCarthy, Tugay and Brad are all or have been world class players. Add those who have played at a World Cup or regularly playing for their country and I think, on paper, we have an extremely competitive squad.

At the end of the day the day there was no reason to say what he did at all. It doesn't benefit his current club or players, himself or his staff. the only people it effects are Blackburn club, players and supporters and there was no reason for disrespect.

Hughes has another swipe at poor little Rovers in the last sentence of this article exposing the anti-semitism of City's new owners.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...hes-926930.html

'Let's Kick Racism Out Of Football' - oh, unless you've got potloads of money, in which case you're welcome to buy a football team and racially exclude your own players from visiting your country! Unbelievable hypocricy! City's last owner, Frank the crook, was bad enough. Now these racists. Great.

Archived