BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 20% Warnock

Hughesy

Couldnt find the Warnock thread so I thought best to create its own thread.

I think if anyone in our team is underperforming then this guy has to be one of the main culprits. Against Arsenal he was terrible at defending. He was at fault for 2, possibly 3 goals on saturday. He was also arguing with Nelsen on 2 seperate occasions.

I also feel that the rest of the team has to do alot of covering for him when he goes wandering.

Whats his problem? Still looking to move? If anyone knows him then have a word with him!!!

Would it be worth giving the young lad Olssen a chance? I think it would.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if anyone in our team is underperforming then this guy has to be one of the main culprits. Against Arsenal he was terrible at defending. He was at fault for 2, possibly 3 goals on saturday. He was also arguing with Nelsen on 2 seperate occasions.

I also feel that the rest of the team has to do alot of covering for him when he goes wandering.

Whats his problem? Still looking to move? If anyone knows him then have a word with him!!!

Totally agree, Warnocks application has been woefull at this moment in time seems to be blaming everyone bar himself which is always a sign of someone struggling.

Mentioned it after the fanny hammers game would Warnock start along with the Samba for the Arsenal game.

Warnock seems to be another example of a player who has had his head turned by transfer speculation. We saw it with Benni after the Chelsea interest and he hasnt been able to find his form again. It is very unprofessional that these highly paid players disrespect their generous employers. They should remain focussed and let the clubs and agents sort out the transfer. Thankfully, Steven hasnt piled on the pounds like Benni and has the youth/potential to regain his form promptly.

It is also very unfortunate that smaller clubs like rovers regularly have their players linked to big clubs. As if the gulf between ourselves and the big boys isnt big enough already, the media and the big boys see it fit to unsettle our players and further hinder our team spirit. great.

It is also very unfortunate that smaller clubs like rovers regularly have their players linked to big clubs. As if the gulf between ourselves and the big boys isnt big enough already, the media and the big boys see it fit to unsettle our players and further hinder our team spirit. great.

Big boys!? Wasn't it that shambles of a club Newcastle who wanted him. Perhaps he should read what senior pros like Given have to say or loook at Taylor who was almost in tears on Saturday to see what a mistake even thinking of Newcastle is. Have to agree about his performance on saturday. It was woeful and I thought he was probably the worst player on the pitch.

I think he has been mixed. He had a bad end to last season, giving away stupidly easy passes in dangerous positions. He likes to get up and support Gamst down but that leaves him vunerable at the back.

As i have said in the match thread IMO the first 2 Arsenal goals weren't Warnock's fault they were Nelsen's but he is not hitting top form yet.

great post hughsey.

for me i believe he is vastly over-rated.

i think his all action style of attacking seduced a lot of people and made them forget about if he could defend or not.

he gives no protection to the centre half (he shouldve been covering nelsen for the 1st two goals).

i read on another topic someone blaming mgp for warnocks poor form (and saying wilcox used to make lesaux look better)

to compare lesaux to warnock is laughable. like comparing per pederson to alan shearer!

i must be balanced and say the whole of our defence has been suspect, and for this reason i wouldnt think it would be wise or fair to give olssen his chance just yet.

The guy isn't happy. I wonder why.

I can think of several thousand people probably not being happy at him too!

What's your reason then? You saying he didn't get his move & so he's pulling his lemon a la Benedict? Or possibly he's not happy at Ince so is on a 'fudge it, I'll just play pesh' mentality?

He needs to sort out whatever is his problem, or he's going to face a bigger one when he's dropped. If there's one thing worse than a bad player playing poorly, it's a good one playing poorly as he's either not interested, or thinking he doesn't have to be. We may as well go back to Matteo, Gresko or any other of the puddings that played there.

I'm glad a thread has been started on this. I thought Warnock was dire on Saturday, absolutely dire. The whole left flank before Tracey came on was poor, but Warnock was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch when it came to poor play. He has to be dropped for the next game; Tracey played well at left back against Grimsby and would surely be the best option there for Fulham on Sat.

On a side note, did anyone see Samba give the ball away twice in quick succession and then try to blame Emerton (I think) for not being where the ball went?

Look a little closer to home Christopher.

Samba should be dropped for the next game too - Ooijer should be given a chance there (or even Khizanishvili).

If you are a little harsh, I think all 4 Goonergoals could have been avoided if Warnock had a top game. At the first one there´s a total lack of communication between him and Nelsen. At the second, he is out of position and the gets crushed against Ade in the air. Then he tackles Lucash Neill-style (what a stupid challenge!) in the pen-situation and then he is 2 metres behind the other back three when Ade makes it 4. What a horrible game.

And by playing Treacy at left back we are supposed to be helping our chances of winning?? this argument makes no sense whatsoever. Warnock off form is a million times better than a youngster who we would be playing out of position. Incey will surely have a word with him this week, as will Nelsen, and im sure he will be better on saturday. Lat season when he came he was one of the most consistant players we had, he clearly loves the game and his passion sometimes gets the better of him. He plays with his heart instead of his head.

I've been meaning to post this since saturday.. I thought he was suspect on all four of Arsenals goals:

1. Van Persie found space between Nelsen and Warnock - not sure who to blame. Good finish from a tight angle though.

2. Warnock only partly marking Adebayor. Was the closest man so not good enough.

3. Customary Warnock lunge results in penalty..

4. Isn't that Warnock playing Adebayor onside?

Anynow notice his near fatal error after one of our corners when he tried to take it round an Arsenal player on the half way line and lost it, resulting in a counter-attack where they had 3 on 1? Luckily for us Walcott went for glory instead of passing it, and missed.

Also interesting to see how all our openings down the right with Emo in the first half was so effectively stopped by Wenger in the second half as he swapped Eboue and Walcott around and effectively shut out Emerton.

There had better be some more urgency about our play next time around..

I've been meaning to post this since saturday.. I thought he was suspect on all four of Arsenals goals:

1. Van Persie found space between Nelsen and Warnock - not sure who to blame. Good finish from a tight angle though.

2. Warnock only partly marking Adebayor. Was the closest man so not good enough.

3. Customary Warnock lunge results in penalty..

4. Isn't that Warnock playing Adebayor onside?

Anynow notice his near fatal error after one of our corners when he tried to take it round an Arsenal player on the half way line and lost it, resulting in a counter-attack where they had 3 on 1? Luckily for us Walcott went for glory instead of passing it, and missed.

Also interesting to see how all our openings down the right with Emo in the first half was so effectively stopped by Wenger in the second half as he swapped Eboue and Walcott around and effectively shut out Emerton.

There had better be some more urgency about our play next time around..

tchocky, it wasnt even the second half. It was approximately 2/3rds into the first half when he did the swap and thats a sign of a great manager who changes things in the midst of play.

On a side note, did anyone see Samba give the ball away twice in quick succession and then try to blame Emerton (I think) for not being where the ball went?

Look a little closer to home Christopher.

I think the second one was a very good pass, as everyone around me agreed, the problem was that Emerton didnt move to the ball (about 2 yards), instead he chose to stand still. 1st however was a terrible pass. Still like the thread says, I think Warnock is our main defensive problem at the moment.

What's your reason then? You saying he didn't get his move & so he's pulling his lemon a la Benedict? Or possibly he's not happy at Ince so is on a 'fudge it, I'll just play pesh' mentality?

Both of these. Warnock wasn't happy, hence the come on someone (presumably from his camp) was giving to Newcastle. He didn't get his move, things look no rosier in the Ewood garden, and he is stuck until January at the earliest. There's no excuse, he should be professional, but this isn't just another great big Friedel-esque 'coincidence'.

Warnock has been poor so far this season - if it is the transfer speculation or whatever, I don't know. However, I don't think he can be blamed for all four goals on Saturday, as has been suggested.

First goal - someone should have clattered Walcott (if they could have caught him) and van Persie was Nelsen's man.

Second goal - Terrible marking in the box - again Adebayor was Nelsen's man - but the real problem was the amount of time we gave Denilson to cross. He should have been closed down much quicker (Reid and Simpson).

Warnock needs to get better - as do the whole team. I don't think he should be singled out after Saturday when we played without the normal intensity of a Rovers side and defended woefully as a whole team. We gave Arsenal too much time to play. The size of the hole in central midfield Arsenal kept breaking into was frightening.

Warnock is suffering from ill-discipline at the moment. He shouldn't be dropped, he should be told to calm done and use his head.

These days, he is all to quick to lose his rag when things are going wrong for the team. Whilst other players react by breaking legs, Warnock's method of expressing his frustration is to go into headless chicken mode. Arms pumping, legs whirring, he flys off on some wild trajectory, oblivious to his positional duties.

West Ham's final goal was a classic case. Warnock's temper boiled over, and he lost sight of his responsiblity to defend and not perform step-overs in his own box surrounded by opposition players.

You cannot doubt that Warnock cares. However, his irritable reaction to conceding goals is severely damaging his and the team's form.

And by playing Treacy at left back we are supposed to be helping our chances of winning?? this argument makes no sense whatsoever. Warnock off form is a million times better than a youngster who we would be playing out of position.

Did you see the Grimsby game? Treacy played left back for the majority of that and looked capable. Plus I fail to see how he could be any worse than the "off form" Warnock was on Sat, or is causing 4 opposition goals a decent bench-mark of a left back in your opinion? Anyone, youngsters included, would be better than "off form" Warnock was on Sat.

Warnock needs to be dropped to show him his place in the side isn't a given, or alternatively dropped because he just isn't good enough and we can't afford to have a liability on the pitch like that.

Archived