BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 20% Warnock

Hughesy

We were quick enough to criticise last week when he played badly so in case you're reading this Stephen, that was much more like you, particularly getting would up after the foul on Treacy. can we have more performances like that please, especially next week away at SJP just to rub even more salt in the Mags wounds.

That was the moment of the game for me - absolutely brilliant the way he stood up for his mate. I think he was excellent, as was the other three at the back, although I have to say that lately I've been a bit nervous whenever Nelsen is close to the heat.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was the moment of the game for me - absolutely brilliant the way he stood up for his mate. I think he was excellent, as was the other three at the back, although I have to say that lately I've been a bit nervous whenever Nelsen is close to the heat.

Warnock's challenge electrified the crowd. The atmosphere went up 2 notches!

Good lad!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick summary......

Everyone working really hard and confidence high, but got to keep wary of not getting knocked down again.

Fulham game was so important and all about keeping a clean sheet and playing ugly - bad display and fans not happy with performance but players got so much confidence from winning the match.

Central midfield made easy playing withTugay/ Says Toogs is not past it and is a complete legend. Mentions he played centre midfield at Liverpool and also played left midfield for a long time.

Feels we can give Man Utd a good game.

Speaks well!

Opening up this for debate, as not sure in my own mind, but does anyone think that Warnock should stay in central midfield when everyone is back fit?

He has really impressed me. I also think he could do well on the left side of midfield.

Ok, yesterday is probably difficult to judge, and the match also showed that Olsson is still a bit raw.

Yesterday was the first time I had seen Ollson play a full game. He will only develop into a player if the coaching staff can work on the many weaknesses he showed today, including getting sucked into the centre rather than being further out, leaving the full back position unguarded as he had gone too far upfield, his bizarre attempt to go for the ball leading up the 2nd goal. Radio Rovers also suggested he was at fault for the 1st goal as he had come off the line and wasn't where he should have been. I didn't relish watching it again on MOTD.

Would Warnock do better at full back? I think he also needs help.In midfield he looked as though he wanted to get forward but there was no protection for him in centre midfield and it looked as though PI had put him there because it had apparently worked in the previous 2 matches. It didn't work yesterday.

I like Warnock as a CM, he gives us that terrier-like quality in the centre we lost when Sav went. His occasional shortcomings as a left back won't be as harmful further up the field, and he's got the pace and attacking mindset that should translate into a long term box-to-box option.

I thought Olsson had a decent game considering his age and experience level, and that he was marking Wayne Rooney for most of the match. He got done by Ronaldo for the second goal but I think he's got a bright future at LB, hopefully for many years to come.

I thought Warnock put in a decent shift too. Olsson will learn from Saturday and that can only be a good thing. I wonder how long it'll be before Warnock plays left wing with Olsson behind. I can see that working very well because they can both cover and both look good going forward. Pedersen might need to pick up his game a bit more to get in the team.

I thought Warnock put in a decent shift too. Olsson will learn from Saturday and that can only be a good thing. I wonder how long it'll be before Warnock plays left wing with Olsson behind. I can see that working very well because they can both cover and both look good going forward. Pedersen might need to pick up his game a bit more to get in the team.

A bit!

monday morning blues is it or pmt?

Here we go... Pick a single word out you disagree with and ignore the rest and post about it because you wish to attack the person who wrote it. Who's got pmt or Monday morning blues? Childish ABBEY. Ignore.

I thought Olsson had a decent game considering his age and experience level, and that he was marking Wayne Rooney for most of the match. He got done by Ronaldo for the second goal but I think he's got a bright future at LB, hopefully for many years to come.

I agree with that. Olsson looks very promising.

Yes he made one or two mistakes, but he was up against the European Champs and against the best player in the world (based on last season) that set up the 2nd goal.

I was also happy to see Treacy use his pace down the left to outpace United's defence. However when he got hacked down, I think it affected his confidence in taking them on. That is something he needs to get used to.

I don't think Warnock is the "long-term" answer in mid-field. His energy is uplifting but his passing is inconsistent for that role. Against ordinary teams, he can give it to Tugay - but that won't work against the likes of United. I hope Grella emerges as able to fulfil both roles but I am not confident.

Andrews is a good passer of the ball but his tackling is poor..........he seems to jockey opponents instead of biting their legs.

What we really need is the next Paul Ince!

Archived