BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 20% Warnock

Hughesy

Quite looking forward to seeing the Tugay, Warnock, Dunn central midfield partnership which will probably start against Arsenal.

Warnock has had a couple of shockers in midfield but generally he has been good. Big fan. Mental that we have six senior midfielders on our books, yet our left back is doing the best job there.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite looking forward to seeing the Tugay, Warnock, Dunn central midfield partnership which will probably start against Arsenal.

Warnock has had a couple of shockers in midfield but generally he has been good. Big fan. Mental that we have six senior midfielders on our books, yet our left back is doing the best job there.

It's to do with energy drive and desire though as much as anything else in midfield. What he is giving us is what Savage used to give us. He's here, there and everywhere. That block to stop an almost certain second goal for Fulham was vital. He doesn't HAVE to defend, but of course he can still put in one heck of a tackle when it's needed and that's something too many good midfielders can't do nowadays.

:rover: he made one tackle in the 1st 20 mins to save a certian goal from johnson,had 3 great shots,man of the match by a mile,and who put him in midfield :unsure::brfcsmilie:

The then liverpool manager, Ince and Allardyce. In fact every manager he's played under.

:rover: he made one tackle in the 1st 20 mins to save a certian goal from johnson,had 3 great shots,man of the match by a mile,and who put him in midfield :unsure::brfcsmilie:

You need to get over it Waggy. Ince had some good ideas and was a forward thinking manager. Unfortunately he (or his chosen coaching staff) couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery and seriously under estimated the physical demands of the Premiership. He was way out of his depth and now we have a manager who isn't. End of.

Shouldn't we be putting a 1 in front of the 20 on the title of this thread now?

It wasn't just his workrate yesterday that impressed me but some of his skill and composure on the ball was that of an accomplished creative midfielder.

The same person who replaced him at left back with Olssen which was disasterous.

Big Sam didn't move him to midfield until he was sure Givet was up to the job - which he is.

The same person who replaced him at left back with Olssen which was disasterous.

Big Sam didn't move him to midfield until he was sure Givet was up to the job - which he is.

Very valid point. We now have a busy midfielder who doesnt have to worry about the left back and that can also stick a tackle or two in when needed.

Strangely enough, considering he's a left back, he provides a credible goal scoring threat from midfield. His drive and energy are really being put to good use in midfield at the moment. I'd argue that his passing isn't good enough for him to stay there long term, but right now he's one of our best options there.

Yes. I think Sam has told all the players to hit the ball when they are in position. Samba, Ooijer and Nelsen all had a go. But this is a dimension to Warnock's play that I don't remember when Ince played him in midfield. Or maybe it's just a once in a lifetime event - having 3 quality strikes on goal in the same match? I agree with the rest of your post too.

Yes. I think Sam has told all the players to hit the ball when they are in position. Samba, Ooijer and Nelsen all had a go. But this is a dimension to Warnock's play that I don't remember when Ince played him in midfield. Or maybe it's just a once in a lifetime event - having 3 quality strikes on goal in the same match? I agree with the rest of your post too.

To be fair, Warnock has always shoots when he is position. It was just under Ince he was rarely in a position to shoot.

To be fair, Warnock has always shoots when he is position. It was just under Ince he was rarely in a position to shoot.

Playing square passing, go nowhere football in midfield whilst the opponents were able to get back in numbers hardly provided many shooting opportunities for anyone.

olssen was / is shocking, next jay mcevely/nissa johansson . i.e never in a million years premier standard. thought warnock had it in him to be a better midfielder than what we had long before ince played him there and he is certainly better than any midfielder we could afford

Quite a bit wrong with what you just said.

no, ollsen is downright useless and it seems evident sams seen that since day 1. nissa and mcevely are now plying there trades a long way from the premier. and exactly who would we get for free who is better than warnock. i say free as i am certain this club has made transfer fees a thing of the past.

all seems in order to me

Obviously you're taking the p1ss DP! :rover: ......... right? :unsure:

Nicely edited quote theno. Perhaps I was giving Ince some credit for recognising that Warnock could play in midfield. Before I slated him

Nicely edited quote theno. Perhaps I was giving Ince some credit for recognising that Warnock could play in midfield. Before I slated him

Thanks DP, point taken. Here you go........

"You need to get over it Waggy. Ince had some good ideas and was a forward thinking manager. Unfortunately he (or his chosen coaching staff) couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery and seriously under estimated the physical demands of the Premiership. He was way out of his depth and now we have a manager who isn't. End of."

I know what you were trying to say but imo your second sentence is still completely contradictory to the rest of your comments........... Oh and definitely contradictory to our recent history too. imo Ince is a complete numpty incapable of thinking in any bloody direction whatsoever! :rover: As for Warnock in midfield anybody could spot that he was our best and only option once Dunn and Grella became sicknotes and he'd been stupid enough to think that he could replace Bentley with Andrews. Good ideas? Forward thinking? Do me a favour.

btw Never mind the 2 stooges that he brought in just how good an idea was signing Fowler?

Damn you DP!!!! You've got my blood pressure up again!!!

:rover: was warnock injured on sat before he was took of,seemed to be sulking that theo was running rings round him,and immeaditley before he was took of he did his wigan impersination :angry::brfcsmilie:

He was injured.

Archived