BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 20% Warnock

Hughesy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Warnock would get a round of applause, yesterday. But for him to be booed is not on for the reasons phillipl has stated, he didn't leave like many of our recent vocal stars, Bentley and RSC spring to mind.

Chimbonda's done well but his complete lack of faith in his left boot for me means he's only keeping the role warm for Givet. If he had a left peg he would have sent that ball down the flank yesterday, instead he played it inside and almost got himself an assist. However, I'm keen to see him at right back once Givet is fit as I reckon he'd excel on his strongest side.

Chimbonda--Samba--Nelsen--Givet

For me thats our strongest back four.

I thought Warnock would get a round of applause, yesterday. But for him to be booed is not on for the reasons phillipl has stated, he didn't leave like many of our recent vocal stars, Bentley and RSC spring to mind.

Chimbonda's done well but his complete lack of faith in his left boot for me means he's only keeping the role warm for Givet. If he had a left peg he would have sent that ball down the flank yesterday, instead he played it inside and almost got himself an assist. However, I'm keen to see him at right back once Givet is fit as I reckon he'd excel on his strongest side.

Chimbonda--Samba--Nelsen--Givet

For me thats our strongest back four.

I'd be very annoyed if Jacobson lost is place. The man has been exceptional at right back. Chimbonda - Samba - Givet - Jacobson should be our back four when everyone is healthy.

Watching Warnock's demeanour yesterday I would say he was genuinely dismayed by the booing he got from a small portion of the Rovers crowd.

My gut feel is that despite the errors that had come into Warnock's game towards the end of his time at Ewood, Rovers would have been a much stronger club had we retained Warnock and not signed Salgado and Chimbonda. I do think Sam lost the plot in the last two or three weeks of the transfer window.

Crikey.... I didn't even notice anybody booing Warnock. I would never boo either Warnock or Brad, they are proper players and to quote GS proper men. All I heard was Villa booing EHD God only knows why, BRFC fans booing Young for still wearing roller skates to play football in and choosing high pitched girly screams when trying to continually blag free kicks, and rent boy Clattenberg for some very biased refereeing decisions.

As for Sam losing the plot, rem Warnock did not leave until late and Di Santo didn't arrive till late either. Alternatively signing Salgado is a complete mystery... sure he's played x million games for RM and Spain but he runs like one of the 7 dwarves. It'd be comical if he wasn't earning so much.

I'd be very annoyed if Jacobson lost is place. The man has been exceptional at right back. Chimbonda - Samba - Givet - Jacobson should be our back four when everyone is healthy.

Agreed. I would go as far as to say Jacobsen has been our third best player this term after Dunn and Givet. He is a better player imo than Warnock, albeit on the other side.

If he had played against Everton we might have got something. No way should he lose his place to anybody. Salgado is going to really strugle to get a game.

I appreciate Tris' attempt to give us the inside story but when I see a phrase like "Sam's anti-football" I suspect we are getting the truth after it has been through a filter.

I've asked Tris recently whether or not his opinion of SA has support in the boardroom, to date I don't believe I've had a reply. byw It'd have to be some seriously flawed filter to allow 'Big fat slug' Allardyce to go through. :rolleyes:

Beware though............ It'll be all quiet this week I'm sure but imo there is a constant undercurrent of hatred for SA just waiting to burst through to the surface from some of our Surrender Monkeys. The posse is formed and just needs the word to mount up and ride over the hill. I've really no idea why but imo sooner or later it will end in tears... for all and sundry.

I agree on Jacob - he's been a cracker.............

Seriously he doesnt deserve to move out - going off form and performances, he is a started in our strongest starting 11 - he also seems to link up very well with Emerton the right.

How about moving Diouf to the left, Emerton to the right and giving MGP a couple of wake up games on the bench?!

Fair do's. I want a left footer at left back for me its crucial to playing the game. Givets our best center back but he's also our only left footer and he can play there. I know its harsh on Jacobsen, but Chimbonda's done well at left back with a serious disadvantage so I believe he could do better even than now on his stronger side. Jacobsen has impressed me as I critised him him for panicing in the first game, but he's done better since. Also Nelsen must play he is our captain and we need his leadership skills on the pitch, it won't be good for the club harmony if the captain is a bench boy.

As Harsh as it is I honestly think he'll lose out once they are all fit and firing again.

EDIT: I'd quite like to see: Emerton----Dunn-----Diouf, but I'd also like to see Hoillet given a start especially against the hun, spurs pace and movement tore Burnley apart yesterday so I'd like to see him start that game. But those three for the next up coming would be good. I still think Gamst would make a great central player for us, so drop him and try it out in the reserves/friendly and see how he gets on? But somethings not been right with him for ages we have to find out what because when he's good he's good and he shows it for his national team all the time, so somethings not right for him at Rovers. Over to you on that one Sam.

Warnock got booed by some people yesterday, but got cheered by others, (myself included). Brad didn't just get a standing ovation from the Blackburn End but by the Riverside, Darwen End and Jack Walker Stand.

One thing I will say is that when Agbonlahor scored, Warnock DIDN'T celebrate. Well done Stevie.

.........Also Nelsen must play he is our captain and we need his leadership skills on the pitch, it won't be good for the club harmony if the captain is a bench boy.

As Harsh as it is I honestly think he'll lose out once they are all fit and firing again.

Watching him go awol inside 2 mins yesterday on boy racer Agbonlahore he shouldn't really be expecting anything else. He and samba were miles apart.

It's simple why Warnock got booed by a minority of fans. We have a minority of fans who are idiots. There's one who sat next to me last season and now sits directly in front of me who spouts nothing but venomous bile for 90 minutes every match. Every opposition player who makes a foul, or comes to take a throw in near us for that matter, is a "c***". Andrews gets the middle finger if he comes near us. He's threatened referees to slit their throats and laugh as they die. What's laughable is that he's a lanky teenager who thinks that getting some fluff under his armpits gives him the machismo to behave in this pathetic manner. With brainless morons like this what chance did a Warnock have? As for applauding him, with him not getting his name announced at kick off we never properly got the opportunity to applaud (if we wanted to).

Watching him go awol inside 2 mins yesterday on boy racer Agbonlahore he shouldn't really be expecting anything else. He and samba were miles apart.

Yes he screwed up but in the end it didn't matter. ;) We don't seem to start well as a team though.

I just don't see the benefit of him being on the bench even though I agree Givet and Samba look the better pairing at present. Nelsen will have a lot of supporters at Ewood and if he's on the bench all the time, well personnally for me its a situation I would want to avoid. I'm not saying he's undroppable, but if fit and in form should be on the pitch. Givet then goes to left back as you can't drop a man in his form. So one of Jacobsen or Chimbonda must lose out, I just can't see Sam leaving Nelsen on the bench.

Unless of Course Salgado finds his feet, and then what do you do???

Yes he screwed up but in the end it didn't matter. ;) We don't seem to start well as a team though.

I just don't see the benefit of him being on the bench even though I agree Givet and Samba look the better pairing at present. Nelsen will have a lot of supporters at Ewood and if he's on the bench all the time, well personnally for me its a situation I would want to avoid. I'm not saying he's undroppable, but if fit and in form should be on the pitch. Givet then goes to left back as you can't drop a man in his form. So one of Jacobsen or Chimbonda must lose out, I just can't see Sam leaving Nelsen on the bench.

One the Peter Jackson MoM and the other a strong contender for player of the season to date? :o Nah it's much more sensible to drop Ryan to the bench.

It's simple why Warnock got booed by a minority of fans. We have a minority of fans who are idiots.

Warnock got booed mainly when things wern't going to well. Sad frustration of idiots.

A small Stevie Warnock chant got started after Brad's ovation - predictably it didn't have enough get going.

Stevie behaved very respectfully towards the fans and that was very refreshing in this age of the superstar footballer, but ultimatley he is just another journeyman footballer to a lot of us and will soon be forgottern.

Crikey.... I didn't even notice anybody booing Warnock. I would never boo either Warnock or Brad, they are proper players and to quote GS proper men. All I heard was Villa booing EHD God only knows why, BRFC fans booing Young for still wearing roller skates to play football in and choosing high pitched girly screams when trying to continually blag free kicks, and rent boy Clattenberg for some very biased refereeing decisions.

As for Sam losing the plot, rem Warnock did not leave until late and Di Santo didn't arrive till late either. Alternatively signing Salgado is a complete mystery... sure he's played x million games for RM and Spain but he runs like one of the 7 dwarves. It'd be comical if he wasn't earning so much.

I heard some booing when Warnock was over taking a throw in but, at the time, I thought it was directed at the officials following a number of bad decisions in succession.

I'd be a bit narked if anyone had been booing Warnock. He's not quite up to the adulation reserved for Brad (post-Rovers) but he's probably in the top 3 or 4 players who would be welcomed back at Ewood as a Rover or an opponent.

Warnock got booed by some people yesterday, but got cheered by others, (myself included). Brad didn't just get a standing ovation from the Blackburn End but by the Riverside, Darwen End and Jack Walker Stand.

One thing I will say is that when Agbonlahor scored, Warnock DIDN'T celebrate. Well done Stevie.

I was in Darwen End yesterday and didnt hear any boo's aimed at warnock and he gave a good clap towards both villa and rovers fans at the end.

So do the people posting above me base their affection towards a player not on how much he cares about the club, but only on his natural talent?

I suppose then Barcelona fans are idiots for holding a grudge against Figo when he jumped ship to Real Madrid?

That'd be like Samba jumping ship to Burnley.

I can't understand the loud-mouthed idiots, notably the 50-odd year old grumpy blokes around where I sit, booing Warnock. It's as though these people enjoy boo-ing for the sake of it.

Let's be honest, Rovers aren't exactly European contenders and you can't blame Warnock for wanting to go to a team like Villa. The manner in which he left was, IMO, professional. Villa are one of the few teams in the 'big club' domain that are likeable (if not for their strip colours).

Warnock was one of our better left-backs I've seen at the club and he gave us a good service.

Because Villa are a top-class European team?

2 hours after Warnock signed for them: My link

I'd understand if Real Madrid or something wanted him, but in the past decade we have regularly been better than Aston Villa.

Again, we have to understand that realistically any footballer joining Rovers, will not be here for too long. There are the exceptions, but unless we get that billionaire owner, and we challenge the big teams, they will always look to move on. The 1 player, i cant work out though is Lucash. Well maybe i can, we know he went after the money.

Archived