BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 20% Warnock

Hughesy

Warnock excited by Rovers return

Warnock played in two Uefa Cup campaigns and reached the FA Cup semi-final in 2007 with Rovers and has admitted to one regret in his time with the club.

"The disappointing thing was not reaching the FA Cup final," he said. "We played Chelsea and had a cracking chance.

"I would have loved to have gone to Wembley with the club, for the first year back at Wembley. It would have been fantastic."

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Warnock excited by Rovers return

Warnock played in two Uefa Cup campaigns and reached the FA Cup semi-final in 2007 with Rovers and has admitted to one regret in his time with the club.

"The disappointing thing was not reaching the FA Cup final," he said. "We played Chelsea and had a cracking chance.

"I would have loved to have gone to Wembley with the club, for the first year back at Wembley. It would have been fantastic."

I hope he doesn't get a bad reception. Booing ex-players who have wound up fans with their behaviour (Lucash, Bellamy) is self defeating and just plain embarrassing if they haven't.

I hope he doesn't get a bad reception. Booing ex-players who have wound up fans with their behaviour (Lucash, Bellamy) is self defeating and just plain embarrassing if they haven't.

Well I'll be clapping him (and Friedal) before the game starts. He was a very good player and character at our club.

Once they match starts I'll be rooting for him to lose though!

i don't see how anyone can have a problem with Warnock or Friedel.

Also, luckily, neither of them have been that big a loss for us as we have found acceptable replacements.

The guy whose loss seems to have caused us the most damage long term is actually Savage it seems. Never properly replaced in three seasons now. And Tugay.

i don't see how anyone can have a problem with Warnock or Friedel.

Also, luckily, neither of them have been that big a loss for us as we have found acceptable replacements.

The guy whose loss seems to have caused us the most damage long term is actually Savage it seems. Never properly replaced in three seasons now. And Tugay.

We have our useless chicken (savage) replacement in 'R Keef'. Savage's HAIR and GOOD LOOKS is what was inspiring, not his footy style lol. R Keef has neither the hair nor looks to replace The Sav we all loved.

No doubt we'll be too busy booing our own manager and players to worry about Villa's ex-Rovers <_<

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ers/8273707.stm

" I always felt that a move to Blackburn was a stepping stone to a move back to a big club."

There will be those who will ask "wouldn't you leave your job if..." and I will respond - "what if your girlfriend left you because "you were just a stepping stone" ? Would you just accept it as perfectly normal, or would you feel like she was a no-good ****?

I can almost understand mercenaries like Warnock, but I will never understand people who find no pride in the club they support.

I agree. Yes, we can all understand, but why does it need to be said? Sure, he wanted the pay rise, the greater chance of winning something, but why can't he simply say: "I enjoyed my time at Blackburn, but the time was right to move and I'm delighted to have joined Villa". That insults no one. I don't like seeing my club as a stepping stone and I wouldn't even if we were in League Two.

I agree. Yes, we can all understand, but why does it need to be said? Sure, he wanted the pay rise, the greater chance of winning something, but why can't he simply say: "I enjoyed my time at Blackburn, but the time was right to move and I'm delighted to have joined Villa". That insults no one. I don't like seeing my club as a stepping stone and I wouldn't even if we were in League Two.

I agree totally. It's the words stepping stone that upset people. We all know they do it and if we're honest we understand why but it doesn't need saying explicitly like that.

Boo them. It will send out a message and a reminder to our current crop that we value loyalty at this club.

I disagree. It makes us, as fans, look childish and churlish. I think I'm right in saying the club made a profit on both players and who wouldn't want to move to a 'bigger' company with more money and better prospects if they were offered the job?

Boo them. It will send out a message and a reminder to our current crop that we value loyalty at this club.

No - it sends out a message that no matter how hard you work wearing our shirt you will get no appreciation once you leave.

Well lets not boo them or applaud them, they don't matter to us any more. Lets get behind our own players and ignore ex-Rovers. If Brad comes over to the BBE (which I expect he will) after the final whistle then I will stand on my seat and show my respect for the great man but other than that lets just get behind our own lad's.

Well lets not boo them or applaud them, they don't matter to us any more. Lets get behind our own players and ignore ex-Rovers. If Brad comes over to the BBE (which I expect he will) after the final whistle then I will stand on my seat and show my respect for the great man but other than that lets just get behind our own lad's.

Best Idea so far.

I seldom boo the opposition, I always get behind my team!

I for one will not be booing him tomorrow. Good servant, left in the correct manner and although we wanted to leave for quite some time, he just got on with it.

1-1 tomorrow (Kalinic and Agbonlahor)

As for Brad, he will get a big round of applause from me and I'll be staggered if anyone boo's him!

I for one will not be booing him tomorrow. Good servant, left in the correct manner and although we wanted to leave for quite some time, he just got on with it.

1-1 tomorrow (Kalinic and Agbonlahor)

As for Brad, he will get a big round of applause from me and I'll be staggered if anyone boo's him!

I don't do booing anyway. It just spurs most players on to play better against you.

Could get tasty between Diouf and Warnock I think. :lol:

That being said I hope we play Holiett up against Warnock, from his time at Rovers we know Warnock is liable to get caught out of position and make the odd mistake and Holiett's pace would surely be more likelyto expose this.

Warnock was sold to balance the books, he didn't ask to leave.

For those reasons he should be applauded before the game, he was a good servant to Blackburn Rovers in time with us.

We had to sell him because he wanted to move to a bigger club, he has stated that we were a stepping stone.

He was a good servant to us and I will not be booing him! But I do believe we should ignore them and concentrate on getting behind our lads.

We had to sell him because he wanted to move to a bigger club, he has stated that we were a stepping stone.

Is that right? I've not read that? I thought he was sold to balanace the books and bring Salgado in?

I'll be far busy booing Diouf :D

Archived